Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Press
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Press  (Read 1517 times)
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« on: March 03, 2005, 02:17:12 PM »

There is one thing I don't get about this long wait, and all the mystery surronding Chinese Democracy.  It seems that magazines like Rolling Stone or Spin would have reporters with enough contacts to write a decent article shedding some light as to what is going on right now.  So why don't they?  I mean let's face it, we don't even know if Buckethead has been replaced or not.  How come nobody in the press investigates this?  Can't they stake out the recording studio and see if a guitarist walks in everyday?  I mean how tough is that?  Is Axl that good at keeping things a secret?  Does the entertainment press even care?  Where the hell is the good investigative journalism??? 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 02:22:51 PM »

There is one thing I don't get about this long wait, and all the mystery surronding Chinese Democracy.? It seems that magazines like Rolling Stone or Spin would have reporters with enough contacts to write a decent article shedding some light as to what is going on right now.? So why don't they?? I mean let's face it, we don't even know if Buckethead has been replaced or not.? How come nobody in the press investigates this?? Can't they stake out the recording studio and see if a guitarist walks in everyday?? I mean how tough is that?? Is Axl that good at keeping things a secret?? Does the entertainment press even care?? Where the hell is the good investigative journalism?Huh

Peter Wilkinson is Rolling Stone's relative expert on Axl. He last wrote about him in 2000.

Rolling Stone/Peter Wilkinson fell out with Axl because in 2000 he promised a 10,000 word missive on why the band split up from his perspective. He never delivered it. If you read Wilkinson's article then you can see they fell out.

I was in touch with Peter Wilkinson on a reasonably regular basis just before Xmas and through January. He doesn't even talk about Axl anymore as far as he is concerned Axl never existed.

The same can be said about most magazines. Axl has upset someone at most publications to the point where they can't be fucked anymore. It's not worth the time or the pain to investigate the band.

The sad truth is that until Axl proves himself by hitting the road successfully or releasing an album then the serious press aren't going to take any interest. There have been too many "false starts" for the press to cover this.

When it all genuinely kicks off again the press will be all over the band like a rash but until then silence is all we will get.
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 03:27:51 PM »

i hate to say it but the reason there is no huge articles about Axl is because the interest isint there, Axl on a cover of a magazine isint going to sell it, its not 1991. We all love Axl but other than us the interest isint that high!

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 03:34:42 PM »

i hate to say it but the reason there is no huge articles about Axl is because the interest isint there, Axl on a cover of a magazine isint going to sell it, its not 1991. We all love Axl but other than us the interest isint that high!

Yep, outside of the faithful and with no material to promote or talk about there's just not a ton of interest.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 03:43:37 PM »

"Yep, outside of the faithful and with no material to promote or talk about there's just not a ton of interest."

DOUBLE YEP
madagas
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 03:51:30 PM »

and that is a good thing for an artist...posted it once but it is more relevant here. From the man Bob Dylan himself.

Bob:In the early '90s when I escaped the organized media, they let me be.
They considered me irrelevant, which was the best thing that could have
happened to me. I was waiting for that. No artist can develop for any
length of time in the light of the media, no matter who it is. If the
media was commenting on every article you wrote, imagine what it would
do to you(Dylan posing the question to the interviewer).

Now let's imagine what the media scrutiny in the early 90's and 2002 tour did to Axl. Hmmmm.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 03:55:55 PM by madagas » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 10:34:59 AM »

There is one thing I don't get about this long wait, and all the mystery surronding Chinese Democracy.  It seems that magazines like Rolling Stone or Spin would have reporters with enough contacts to write a decent article shedding some light as to what is going on right now.  So why don't they?  I mean let's face it, we don't even know if Buckethead has been replaced or not.  How come nobody in the press investigates this?  Can't they stake out the recording studio and see if a guitarist walks in everyday?  I mean how tough is that?  Is Axl that good at keeping things a secret?  Does the entertainment press even care?  Where the hell is the good investigative journalism??? 

Peter Wilkinson is Rolling Stone's relative expert on Axl. He last wrote about him in 2000.

Rolling Stone/Peter Wilkinson fell out with Axl because in 2000 he promised a 10,000 word missive on why the band split up from his perspective. He never delivered it. If you read Wilkinson's article then you can see they fell out.

I was in touch with Peter Wilkinson on a reasonably regular basis just before Xmas and through January. He doesn't even talk about Axl anymore as far as he is concerned Axl never existed.

The same can be said about most magazines. Axl has upset someone at most publications to the point where they can't be fucked anymore. It's not worth the time or the pain to investigate the band.

The sad truth is that until Axl proves himself by hitting the road successfully or releasing an album then the serious press aren't going to take any interest. There have been too many "false starts" for the press to cover this.

When it all genuinely kicks off again the press will be all over the band like a rash but until then silence is all we will get.

the serious press??? Undecided      isn`t kerrang one of the serious magazines??      do you remember the chinese democracy preview in kerrang??    fuck that serious press shit      the press sucks!!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 01:55:15 PM »

the serious press??? Undecided isn`t kerrang one of the serious magazines?? do you remember the chinese democracy preview in kerrang?? fuck that serious press shit the press sucks!!!

true

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 03:06:40 PM »

Kerrang what a crock of shit !! I never really thought it was a good read only seems to be aimed at complete metal heads and I have never believed guns to be that style of music!

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 03:58:51 PM »

There is one thing I don't get about this long wait, and all the mystery surronding Chinese Democracy.? It seems that magazines like Rolling Stone or Spin would have reporters with enough contacts to write a decent article shedding some light as to what is going on right now.? So why don't they?? I mean let's face it, we don't even know if Buckethead has been replaced or not.? How come nobody in the press investigates this?? Can't they stake out the recording studio and see if a guitarist walks in everyday?? I mean how tough is that?? Is Axl that good at keeping things a secret?? Does the entertainment press even care?? Where the hell is the good investigative journalism?Huh

There was no new guitarist as of a couple of weeks ago.

Staking out Axl Rose would probably be harder that you think
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 04:46:01 PM »

There was no new guitarist as of a couple of weeks ago.

Staking out Axl Rose would probably be harder that you think

hm...  can't say i'm worried or displease about this
Fink/Fortus leads with Huge???
or Axl???   Shocked

whatever -lol!   its all good.  i am not worried about it.
 ok
a year ago - yeah - but at this point - i don't think its bad news to learn that the lineup hasn't changed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: