Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:17:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy every monday with his band ( SHOW )
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy every monday with his band ( SHOW )  (Read 3096 times)
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 03:36:36 PM »

But, you couple the lack of the Euro tour with the fact that it looks like Tommy will be primarily on the west coast for the next couple of months, and behind-the-scenes GN'R activity is a distinct possibility.

Ali

Tommy also lives in LA, much cheaper to gig in and around home...

For the 3rd time. Dizzy has played these gigs for years. He only stops when he is touring!  ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 03:44:50 PM »

cheaper ......
I guess the "payroll" is not that thick after all. Roll Eyes
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2005, 04:19:01 PM »

But, you couple the lack of the Euro tour with the fact that it looks like Tommy will be primarily on the west coast for the next couple of months, and behind-the-scenes GN'R activity is a distinct possibility.

Ali

Tommy also lives in LA, much cheaper to gig in and around home...

Yes, I know Tommy lives in LA.  But, he just toured across different parts of the US until mid-Feb.  I don't see any reason why he couldn't mount another leg of that tour, hitting the areas that he didn't hit last time around.  I don't think it would be that much more expensive for him to go to NYC, where he's played many times in the past, or home to Minnesota.  But, he isn't doing that.

I'm just saying, in my opinion, there's something to the fact that he's staying on the West Coast.

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 06:32:32 PM »

I'm just saying, in my opinion, there's something to the fact that he's staying on the West Coast.

Ali

Who knows for sure, anything's possible.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 08:21:05 PM »

I get a good laugh every time, and I do mean E-V-E-R-Y, every time show dates are announced for either tommy, dizzy, brain, fortus, etc..., all you axl fans start tripping over each other posting how it won't interfere with CD, or how it can be construed as good news because it will be over in time for axl to tour, or because it's not a proper tour, only select dates, it won't affect GnR, etc.......blah blah blah.

Here's exactly what will happen. March & April will come & go. Dizzy's gigs will be finished. As always, there will be no news from the GnR camp. Then, Tommy will announce some solo gigs. Immediately, the dates will be analysed to death, with many, many, many pronouncements about how these gigs won't affect either a: the release of CD, or B: axl's imaginary planned tour. People will say things like"well it will be over by July 12, that still gives Axl plenty of time to start a late summer, fall tour,", or"That gives Tommy plenty of time to get back in time to help promote the album for a fall release".  Tommy will do his gigs, there will be no news from axl, then Dizzy will announce a series of gigs/tour, & the whole process will repeat itself, just like it has for the last 2 years.

On a related note, I used to live in Hermosa Beach, the Lighthouse is a cool fuckin place to see a show, it's only a couple steps to the beach, it's a really  legendary club to jazz fans.
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 08:32:52 PM »

I'd rather have Dizzy, Tommy, Brain, whoever playing shows than just sitting there or something. If somethings not gonna happen, then at least some people can see them play

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: