Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy every monday with his band ( SHOW )
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy every monday with his band ( SHOW )  (Read 3103 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: March 03, 2005, 06:50:21 AM »

Sorry, don?t know if its already posted...

but Dizzy will be playing March and April every Monday with his band?

from www.dizzyreed.com

Monday night Solutions

Nothing to do on a Monday night? The answer is simple: Go to the Lighthouse in Hermosa Beach and see Dizzy perform with The Other White Meat. See the chicks, smell the perfume, drink the drinks. Drink a Dizzy! It's fucking incredible, don't miss it another week! Every Mon. this March and April.The legendary Lighthouse Cafe is located on Pier Ave in beautiful Hermosa Beach, CA. 11:00 showtime.

I still have that opinion that, while something is goin?on with "solo projects / solo shows", we won?t hear anything regardless GNR "news"... ?nothing in March and April for us then
 Undecided
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 10:21:16 AM by RnT » Logged

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 07:51:30 AM »

yep that's no good :|

Chinese Democracy!
SADIS
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 07:56:04 AM »

Man, this sucks.

"So faaaaaar away,
So faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar awaaaaaaaaayyyey,
So faaaaaaar away,
So faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr awaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaahyy"
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 08:06:51 AM »

Could be a positive... he's in CA, close to where Axl/the band is at, close at hand if he's needed. I'd be more concerned if he was off touring the country. This to me means he's staying close to home base... could still be news in S/March or April (lousy Smarch weather...).
RnT
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 10:52:32 AM »

Could be a positive... he's in CA, close to where Axl/the band is at, close at hand if he's needed. I'd be more concerned if he was off touring the country. This to me means he's staying close to home base... could still be news in S/March or April (lousy Smarch weather...).

I think if Dizzy booked those shows is because GNR told him "go do your things couse won?t be anything goin?on in March and April" .. not that he?s "close" to Axl in case Axl need him... im my view, things not work like "hey, stop everything you?re doing and come crawling to me".

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 11:06:39 AM »

Also posted on Dizzy's site:

And of course, Dizzy will be performing every Thursady this March and April at the World Famous Catclub in Hollywood with The Starfuckers. It's still the best Thursady night party in town. And Dizzy needs drinks and love. Don't miss it!!

Seems like he's busy Monday and Thursday nights in March-April.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 11:12:43 AM »

Meh; if he was touring then i'd say we're definetly still months away from anything, but if he's doing a few gigs a week in LA then he's still able to check in with guns.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 11:12:59 AM »

Sorry, don?t know if its already posted...

but Dizzy will be playing March and April every Monday with his band?

from www.dizzyreed.com

Monday night Solutions

Nothing to do on a Monday night? The answer is simple: Go to the Lighthouse in Hermosa Beach and see Dizzy perform with The Other White Meat. See the chicks, smell the perfume, drink the drinks. Drink a Dizzy! It's fucking incredible, don't miss it another week! Every Mon. this March and April.The legendary Lighthouse Cafe is located on Pier Ave in beautiful Hermosa Beach, CA. 11:00 showtime.

I still have that opinion that, while something is goin?on with "solo projects / solo shows", we won?t hear anything regardless GNR "news"... ?nothing in March and April for us then
 Undecided

Firstly, just because Dizzy is playing on Monday and Thursday nights doesn't mean that CD can't be worked on. It's not like he's booked a full scale tour, he's just said that he's gonna play on 2 nights a week. It's hardly a hectic schedule and Dizzy has played these nights for years!

Secondly, he's likely to announce a handful dates in April in North America, just like Brain (with Praxis) and Tommy have but this won't delay CD either. They would have the next month (plus the last 2 weeks) to rehearse or get the planning going (if they are actually releasing the album).

Thirdly, how much of a role does Dizzy have left to play on the album? He's recorded his parts and I doubt he's heavily involved in organising promotion and tour dates and I doubt it's a 5 day a week job for him till the ball starts rolling! ?rofl

Dizzy saying he's gonna play twice a week in LA makes absolutely no difference to the status of the album. People are overly negative at times. CD could still happen this summer and an announcement could happen in March/April but that all depends on the big man himself! (No... not God) ?Wink
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 11:20:01 AM »

Also posted on Dizzy's site:

And of course, Dizzy will be performing every Thursady this March and April at the World Famous Catclub in Hollywood with The Starfuckers. It's still the best Thursady night party in town. And Dizzy needs drinks and love. Don't miss it!!

Seems like he's busy Monday and Thursday nights in March-April.

/jarmo

Well, but i dont think this should be negative news at all! Who of us thougt that GNR would tour before the summer anyway? i diden. And i really dont think there is anthing else the members can do with Chinese Democracy now, i belive that all the Promo pictures of the band, and everything like that has been done. And all they gotta do is to wait for an release date. And just because Dizzy do some shows at Mondays and thusday, that doesent mean he cant work with GNR camp the other days... The same with Tommy. And i still remember Tommy said he prop. gonna tour when CD was released.. So... Stay positive!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 11:24:51 AM »

Yeah, if GN'R are busy, I'm sure Dizzy can cancel these shows.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 11:28:40 AM »

And i also belive Tommy would come back to Europe if he could.. and it dont lokk like he will ... So keep ur faith up people!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RnT
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 11:39:36 AM »

but if He booked 2 months of shows, he knows that problably nothing will happen with GNR... and when I say "nothing", I mean the RELEASE or and SINGLE... not "news in the GNR camp! www.gnronline.com is update! just the design, nothing about Chinese democracy, sorry!"

I come to this forum every day couse I think the next step to GNR is announce the release date or the single, acourding to band members the music is done, the art is done ... ?what they could announce if its not this 2 things? a tour? with no album?? a new site with no album?? new axl?s hair ... with no album? Huh?

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 11:41:41 AM »

And i also belive Tommy would come back to Europe if he could.. and it dont lokk like he will ... So keep ur faith up people!

Good point, Nytunz.  Remember this past fall, Tommy said that he might tour Europe in February depending on what else (GN'R) was going on.  The fact that the return to Europe never happened indicates that something was going on with GN'R.

Ali
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 11:46:19 AM »

but if He booked 2 months of shows, he knows that problably nothing will happen with GNR... and when I say "nothing", I mean the RELEASE or and SINGLE... not "news in the GNR camp! www.gnronline.com is update! just the design, nothing about Chinese democracy, sorry!"

I come to this forum every day couse I think the next step to GNR is announce the release date or the single, acourding to band members the music is done, the art is done ... ?what they could announce if its not this 2 things? a tour? with no album?? a new site with no album?? new axl?s hair ... with no album? Huh?

He hasn't booked 2 months of shows. He's booked 8 shows over 2 months effectively!

And he's played with the Starfuckers for years!

Dizzy and Tommy both have very high workloads, they both love performing. That's why they book these dates. The fact that none of the band are touring with any of there side projects is a good thing. You can be as negative as you want but a couple of dates on the West Coast of the US from a couple of band members is hardly a signal for doom!

There are plenty of things to be negative about, Dizzy playing his regular dates isn't one of them. You've become a little melodramtic about GnR due to years of silence!

Bare in mind Axl made his first public appearance in 6 years at a Starfuckers gig... Lightning to strike twice?  rofl

Me thinks not...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 12:50:08 PM »

Good point, Nytunz.? Remember this past fall, Tommy said that he might tour Europe in February depending on what else (GN'R) was going on.? The fact that the return to Europe never happened indicates that something was going on with GN'R.

Ali

Not necessarily.

Touring Europe takes money, seeing how Tommy's solo record isn't exactly flying off the shelves logic points to a lack of funding for another Euro leg.

Speculating of course.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 01:11:26 PM »

but if He booked 2 months of shows, he knows that problably nothing will happen with GNR... and when I say "nothing", I mean the RELEASE or and SINGLE...

Well, I think he could have tuesday and thursday nights off if that was happening don't you?
Crowebar
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 01:17:07 PM »

Dizzy's the fucking keyboard player. His parts were probably done 7 years ago so this shit about him staying close to home base is just that. Shit. He's not that big of an influence on these recordings. Regardless of what anyone thinks.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 02:01:44 PM »

Good point, Nytunz.  Remember this past fall, Tommy said that he might tour Europe in February depending on what else (GN'R) was going on.  The fact that the return to Europe never happened indicates that something was going on with GN'R.

Ali

Not necessarily.

Touring Europe takes money, seeing how Tommy's solo record isn't exactly flying off the shelves logic points to a lack of funding for another Euro leg.

Speculating of course.

Right.  It would take money to go to Europe and tour.  But, you couple the lack of the Euro tour with the fact that it looks like Tommy will be primarily on the west coast for the next couple of months, and behind-the-scenes GN'R activity is a distinct possibility.

Ali
RaVeNDaLy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 02:08:58 PM »

Geez guys, I don't post often, but you worry too much.  Gilby plays with Dizzy too, and his website says he is always there, but he is currently on tour.  Don't worry about it.  It's not like it's Dizzy's solo shows, it is just a jam band...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »

But, you couple the lack of the Euro tour with the fact that it looks like Tommy will be primarily on the west coast for the next couple of months, and behind-the-scenes GN'R activity is a distinct possibility.

Ali

Tommy also lives in LA, much cheaper to gig in and around home...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: