Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl's HUGE rant at chicago '92
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl's HUGE rant at chicago '92  (Read 10516 times)
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« on: August 24, 2004, 05:10:40 PM »

The bits in speech marks resemble Axl saying what someone else has said and he puts on a voice. When i have put '.....' this means Axl has paused and the crowd are cheering.

Any of you, uh, read the latest Rolling Stone? (crowd cheer n' shout yeah).... I was on the phone for a long time last night... and a friend of mine...(Axl puts his finger to his lips signaling for the crowd to shush but they carry on cheering n shouting his name)... a friend of mine was telling me how... shut the fuck up!...(crowd cheer even more n Axl shakes his head) (puts on a goofy voice)"WHOA AXL, COOL METAL DUDE, ROCK N' ROLL, PARTY, COCAINE, YEAH!!" (shakes head again) i aint here for that!.....anyway there was a friend of mine who was telling me how some of the members of my family and some of the friens of my family "have taken great offence at what i said in this magazine"..."it's a shame, look what he's done to his mother! His mother can't even go out of the house now." It was amazing my mother could have gone out of the house before knowing the shit she fucking knew! And why's he talking about this? Cos it might not have happened to you but it might have happened to the 2 or 3 people around you who've got some fucked-up family life that's gonna come back to haunt them when they hit about the age of 25... then you need to kinda find your way trying to climb out of- WHAT YOU THOUGHT was you life but looks more in your head like A FUCKING CAR-WRECK THAT NO-ONE TOLD YOU ABOUT!!...because "the family doesn't want to be embarrassed by these things coming out, we just don't want to have to deal with this and shouldn't have to deal with this publically" but if we don't deal with this publically then we're probably not gonna deal WITH THE BULLSHIT AT ALL!!- and i bet they like it that way!.... I'm not a qualified therapist, i dunno alot of shit about this but i do know that we're in the 90's!!-and i do know that if we're gonna make it another 50 years on this planet, we've gotta FUCKING CHANGE OUR SHIT NOW!!!... and there's a lot of motherfuckers that don't want that shit to be changed because that's gonna dig up their CRAP!! There's alot of parent that, who've, fucked-up their kids through their whole fucking lives- and they're about 40, they're about 50 and they think it's cool (axl gives thumbs up) FUCK THAT SHIT!!!... and i'm the last motherfucking person they thought would be climbing up their ass to tell em about it!!... You see, for me now, it aint about fucking doing cocaine, it aint about how much vodka i drink, and much i can drink someone else under the table, it aint about (puts on voice) "what a fucking macho man rock n' roller i can be." That shit don't work no more, that's great for little kid rock n' roll fucking bullshit but that don't work no more in the real world for my ass... i can't come up here and go "yeeeaah i'm baad, i'm a rock n roller, we're doing this rock n' roll thing" if my life is falling apart! I can't fake it no more... just because my family or my record company or some body else tells me i should "so everybody can be happy and make money and.." YEAH SUCK MY DICK!!! (grabs his dick)...(lots of cheers)...anyway, there are those in my family who are, they plan that, now that i've written these things that "they're gonna get revenge, because it was a terrible thing i did, and we're gonna get revenge" YEAH? TRY IT!! (grabs dick again)...(lots of cheers again)... and if a fucking scrawny little high junior high 90 pound weakling can finally get his ass up here and take this shit on- so can anyone of you that have the same fucking bullshit problems in your life, they don't have to get away with it! I tried being nice, i tried being cool about it, i tried like being friends and all that shit- all i got was "you know how much we love you but let's keep the screws on and keep you down like we always have." Yeah well, guess what? I've changed my point of view! For me now, it's kinda like Live and Let Die motherfucker!!!
 rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

-Live and Let Die is performed-

It's evolution, baby!
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 05:22:40 PM »

to Me this rant has to do with the GNR breakup. Axl was starting to concentrate in more serious things than the classic rock n roll life style. That distanced him from slash and Duff who were still living quite extensively the rock and Roll Life stile. I always believed that the major reason for the break up was not the musical differences. To me it  was the lifestyle and the change in the goals in life. Axl couldn't relate anymore with Slash And Duff.
darkmonth
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 05:40:48 PM »

Dont you mean no one else in the band could relate to Axl?   Axl was the one who changed and went all kookoo.... everyone agrees on that one.

Still, Axls rants, tho sometimes embarasing... were always entertaining and something I looked forward to.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 06:32:13 PM »

Axl coulda sang about anything he wanted. Slash has been quoted as saying he didn't know most of guns lyrics anyway, so if Axl felt he had to withdraw from them because of that it is bullshit and he was wrong.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 07:12:33 PM »

confused
  I personally don't think this rant has anything to do with the impending GNR breakup.  Perhaps the timing (being so close to home, talking with family, and the recent Rolling Stone article at that time) just made him go off.  How many of us wouldn't love to have that kind of audience to rant about our screwed-up family members?   

An interesting line to reference in that rant was about, "making the record companies money," I laughed when I saw that, and still laugh when I think about it.  I friggin love that.  Back in '92, do you think the record companies believed Axl would be true to his word?  It's awesome. Smiley  12 friggin years later...and no new album.  While this pains me severely, I respect the fact that Axl aint into releasing crap!  For christ sake, I just hope Axl isn't lithiumed-out.  I want a goddamned crazy-ass rock star taking over the world one show, and album at a time!

-AxlrPrez2004 Smiley 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 07:45:55 PM »

It's such a shame that someone as great as Axl has had to go through so much shit, but it's made him who he is today. And I agree, it got to the point where Axl learned there's more important things to this than getting up there, doing a song'n'dance, and then partying your ass off. It became such an outlet for his troubles and that's great that he has that. The things he has to say on the new album(s) is going to be absolutely mind-blowing, I believe...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 09:14:42 PM »

The question is, which speech do you prefer, this one or his Warren Beaty rant in Paris, France 92?
I Quote:
'Well listen Home fuck, if you think madonna kicked your ass i'm bettin my money on annette you stupid fuckin asshole, this is a song called double talkin jive motherfucker'.
Genius, pure genius!  hihi

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 09:51:05 PM »

The question is, which speech do you prefer, this one or his Warren Beaty rant in Paris, France 92?
I Quote:
'Well listen Home fuck, if you think madonna kicked your ass i'm bettin my money on annette you stupid fuckin asshole, this is a song called double talkin jive motherfucker'.
Genius, pure genius!? hihi

i loved the rants on that show..

"you cant save nobody else, you'd be lucky if you can save your own ass"

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 09:54:08 PM »

I Quote:

everytime i hear him say "homefuck", i cringe...he probably does too.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 11:19:40 PM »

I Quote:

LOL! I hope he cringes every time he sees those tight bicycle shorts too!Seriously, what was he thinking?! Maybe i've watched that show too many times since 1993 when I taped it off Channel 4 but did everyone else notice the funny/strange moments from this show?:
-Axl seems to get pissed off about something between songs and walks off, Slash says 'Hold the fuck on' to the crowd, never did work out what was going on there...
-After the second 'homefuck' during double talkin jive, Axl accidentally catches a T-Shirt thrown at him from the crowd, then runs off the stage with it!
-Duff fucks up badly at the start of Sweet Child O Mine
-Axl has an erection during most of Dont Cry lol! nervous I wasn't looking for this by the way, it was pointed out to me by a friend of mine!Just wanna clear that up...ahem

I'm sure there were more too but those are the ones that spring to mind! Nevertheless, amazing show. I much prefer it to the Tokyo DVD's.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 12:32:43 AM by GNFNR_UK » Logged

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 11:36:34 PM »

I Quote:

LOL! I hope he cringes every time he sees those tight bicycle shorts too!Seriously, what was he thinking?! Maybe i've watched that show too many times since 1993 when I taped it off Channel 4 but did everyone else notice the funny/strange moments from this show?:
-Axl seems to get pissed off about something between songs and walks off, Slash says 'Hold the fuck on' to the crowd, never did work out what was going on there...
-After the second 'homefuck' during double talkin jive, Axl accidentally catches a T-Shirt thrown at him from the crowd, then runs off the stage with it!
-Axl has an erection during most of Dont Cry lol! nervous I wasn't looking for this by the way, it was pointed out to me by a friend of mine!Just wanna clear that up...ahem

I'm sure there was more too but those are the ones that spring to mind! Nevertheless, amazing show. I much prefer it to the Tokyo DVD's.

i've noticed all those too.. (even the erection part.. i wasnt looking for it either.. damn those bicycle shorts.. nervous)

i think the part where axl goes off stage and slash goes "hold the fuck on" is because they were planning on bringing lenny kravitz on right then..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 03:12:17 AM »

LOL! I hope he cringes every time he sees those tight bicycle shorts too!Seriously, what was he thinking?!

Because its sexy. Duh?!??
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 05:51:56 AM »

Love a guy who isn't afraid to speak their mind. Esp. in front of 20,000 people!!!! ok

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 04:15:10 PM »

I Quote:

I'm sure there were more too but those are the ones that spring to mind! Nevertheless, amazing show. I much prefer it to the Tokyo DVD's.

lol i have to say that i've never noticed the erection- i'll have to look out for it next time i watch it lol!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked there is also a funny bit- i'm not sure what song it's on (possibly it's so easy???) anyway at the start axl is kinda prancing about n he is going backwords toward duff n duff has to kinda keep backing away n he doesn't know whether axl is gonna bash into him or not  Grin

It's evolution, baby!
jivetalklinbitch
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 04:30:42 PM »

I Quote:

What is he talking about here? Is he reffering to something or is it just a sentence with a lot of swear words?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 04:39:34 PM »

I think STephanie Seymour went out with Warren Beaty before Axl and that was the cause of bad blood between them.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 04:56:31 PM »

love the axl rants  hihi

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 09:05:20 PM »

LOL! I hope he cringes every time he sees those tight bicycle shorts too!Seriously, what was he thinking?!

Because its sexy. Duh?!??

lol you may think so but trust me from a males point of view it isn't 'sexy' at all. I don't think Axl was trying to look sexy by wearing them anyway, I figured it was just cos he did a lot of running around.

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2004, 09:10:57 PM »

I Quote:

lol i have to say that i've never noticed the erection- i'll have to look out for it next time i watch it lol!? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked there is also a funny bit- i'm not sure what song it's on (possibly it's so easy???) anyway at the start axl is kinda prancing about n he is going backwords toward duff n duff has to kinda keep backing away n he doesn't know whether axl is gonna bash into him or not? Grin

LOL!! I remember that now! He also does it again later on but Gilby Clark is in his way! I think it's on Don't Cry and Gilby quickly moves out of the way quickly (unless this is on the Tokyo one).  The part where his erection was pointed out to me is when he walks down the stage and stops to put his hand in the sky while singing 'Theres a heaven above you baby', just a tip for you girls who wan't to see it! I'd have preferred it if this was never pointed out to me at all, it makes that song hard to watch just knowing it's there!lol

crazejosh
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2004, 09:12:50 PM »

What is a home fuck anyway? I still laugh every time i hear him say that
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: