Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl's HUGE rant at chicago '92
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl's HUGE rant at chicago '92  (Read 10506 times)
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2004, 09:18:46 PM »

What is a home fuck anyway? I still laugh every time i hear him say that

Not too sure myself, i've never heard ANYONE else use this phrase, i'm convinced Axl made it up himself.
I can only assume it means Homo fuck.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2004, 09:26:01 PM »

I don't think it has to do with homo. I think it's kinda like "home slice" or "home skillet" but adding the fuck gives it a negative conotation.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2004, 09:30:24 PM »

I don't think it has to do with homo. I think it's kinda like "home slice" or "home skillet" but adding the fuck gives it a negative conotation.

cringing!!!! cringing!!!!  crying

home slice? that could possibly be the most uncool saying, like, in the history of the english language.  Grin
badapple81
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2004, 09:35:05 PM »

Another little thing..

Why was Axl so pissed off (even more so than usual) at the south american dates in Dec 92? Was that right at the time his relationship with Seymour ended?

I know he had crowd issues etc.. but look at the Chile 92 DVD for example.. look at the pure venom and anger when he's finishing 'It's So Easy', you can hear it in his voice and see it in his face.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2004, 10:04:40 PM »

LOL @ 'Home Slice' another name I have only ever heard once and that was on Tony Hawks Pro Skater on PS2. Some guy refers to you as 'HomeSlice' when you perform a trick for him, me and my friends were all laughing at that!!Just out of interest do some people in the states actually use that phrase?? Anyway It would have been cooler on the game if you did the trick and he referred to you as Home Fuck, Axl could have possibly cashed in on that too cos they'd have been stealing his slang!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2004, 11:01:49 PM »

lol you may think so but trust me from a males point of view it isn't 'sexy' at all. I don't think Axl was trying to look sexy by wearing them anyway, I figured it was just cos he did a lot of running around.

Lol. im a guy i was just joking about that. I dont know wtf he wears biker shorts or hotpants so often. Maybe in Indiana its  acceptable.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2004, 11:07:13 PM »

LOL @ 'Home Slice' another name I have only ever heard once and that was on Tony Hawks Pro Skater on PS2. Some guy refers to you as 'HomeSlice' when you perform a trick for him, me and my friends were all laughing at that!!Just out of interest do some people in the states actually use that phrase?? Anyway It would have been cooler on the game if you did the trick and he referred to you as Home Fuck, Axl could have possibly cashed in on that too cos they'd have been stealing his slang!

less funnier example: "Home Boy" ok that's still funny but not as much.. and besides, i love it when he goes "you dig what i'm sayin?? home fuck!!" i always add that part in when i'm singing along (badly i might add) w/ the studio version..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
crazejosh
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2004, 11:36:34 PM »

Tomorrow if my boss gives me any shit im gonna say"fill the shelves yourself, you dig what the fuck i'm sayin. home fuck" and then sway to the time clock and punch out. beer
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2004, 11:40:01 PM »

Tomorrow if my boss gives me any shit im gonna say"fill the shelves yourself, you dig what the fuck i'm sayin. home fuck" and then sway to the time clock and punch out. beer
LMFAO!!! THAT'S HILARIOUS!!  rofl

Just make sure you don't mess up and say Home Slice by mistake!

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2004, 02:23:19 AM »

Thats by far the funniest fucking thing I have ever read on this board.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

I know he had crowd issues etc.. but look at the Chile 92 DVD for example.. look at the pure venom and anger when he's finishing 'It's So Easy', you can hear it in his voice and see it in his face.

I noticed the same thing. But as far as I know, he was still with Stephanie at that point (February 12th 1992). So I guess he had some other issues going on, plus the fact that those animals were throwing shit onstage.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
anythinggoes
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2004, 01:47:05 PM »

Best rant Argentina 92 after the 2nd time stopping the show after the audience throwing things at the band " if you see someone throwing something............   beat the fucking shit out of them"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

When did Steven sue them? Could the rant have been about that?

And I always thought "Homefuck" was pretty stupid as well. I have always assumed Axl was trying to be cool and use homeboy but with his own twist cause wasn't he was pretty heavy into rap at the time? cause he always wore Naughty by nature shirts and stuff and recorded my world and talked about an album with every song like my world.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 02:04:48 PM by Neemo » Logged

Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2004, 04:01:24 PM »

lol i always thought home fuck must be an american thing but if non of you know, who does? like narley- what the fuck does that mean- is that an american thing- i've heard slash say it, shannon hoon and axl a few times!

It's evolution, baby!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2004, 04:16:26 PM »

gnarly   
adj.

def: used to describe anything really far out and amazing, not necessarily lovely; an extraordinary stunt, or event. Also, onomatopoeia.
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2004, 04:45:18 PM »

o thanks  Grin

It's evolution, baby!
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2004, 06:02:44 AM »

so funny it hurts rofl rofl rofl rofl

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2004, 07:46:20 AM »

Home Fuck is a nevative term used for someone you know. Like home boy, but negative. Hope that helps you.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2004, 04:15:21 PM »

Home Fuck is a nevative term used for someone you know. Like home boy, but negative. Hope that helps you.
cool-i never knew that thanks  Tongue

It's evolution, baby!
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2004, 07:33:05 PM »

cool-i never knew that thanks? Tongue

me neither

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: