Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think Axl is ready ...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think Axl is ready ...  (Read 4217 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: March 02, 2005, 06:47:25 AM »

... to handle with questions like:

"do you miss the old guys?"

"how about the finishing touches since 2001? did you guys lied just to the fans stop askin you guys the same questions?"

"you and Slash are still friends?"

"what do you think of Velvet Revolver?"

Huh

you know, when Axl and GNR come back for the real thing, at least 1 in a milion ( talking ?bout reporters / interviews here ) will ask questions like that ... I will hate if, before the interview happens, Axl or his manager said something like "... these few questions will not be answered, if you not agreed, he won?t do the interview"
IMO, if Axl is proud of his album and his band, he can always answered questions like that... I just wish that the 2 bands get along playing rock n roll

peace

usedname
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 06:56:51 AM »

Is Axl ready?  Who knows?  All in good time peace
gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 09:16:50 AM »

Axl is reafy but the question is:is axl want...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 09:20:32 AM »

Apparently not.... Undecided
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 09:27:11 AM »

... to handle with questions like:

"do you miss the old guys?"

"how about the finishing touches since 2001? did you guys lied just to the fans stop askin you guys the same questions?"

"you and Slash are still friends?"

"what do you think of Velvet Revolver?"

Huh

you know, when Axl and GNR come back for the real thing, at least 1 in a milion ( talking ?bout reporters / interviews here ) will ask questions like that ... I will hate if, before the interview happens, Axl or his manager said something like "... these few questions will not be answered, if you not agreed, he won?t do the interview"
IMO, if Axl is proud of his album and his band, he can always answered questions like that... I just wish that the 2 bands get along playing rock n roll

peace

Intresting Topic RnT!
Coz if Axl will be back in the spotlight soon, and have to do som interviews, then he will get alot of question like that! Can he deal it. I even thnik he looked a bit angry when Loder said; "This is taking a looong time" ?hihi But sure, he gotta deal with it, and tell the truth, or else the media gonna write bad stuff about him again!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 09:38:17 AM »

My guess is that Axl WILL shy away from the more personal and unrelated topics such as his relationship with Slash, the old band, etc. He will want the focus on his new music...and that's it.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he did do an 'in-depth' interview with Kurt Loder or someone of that nature in which he addresses some of these less important issues with the caviet (sp?) that it will be the one and only time he will discuss/answer questions of this nature (in order to both satisfy the public's curiosity and to get the rest of the press off his back with regards to dwelling on the past).

Sounds at least plausible to me.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 09:40:41 AM »

My guess is that Axl WILL shy away from the more personal and unrelated topics such as his relationship with Slash, the old band, etc. He will want the focus on his new music...and that's it.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he did do an 'in-depth' interview with Kurt Loder or someone of that nature in which he addresses some of these less important issues with the caviet (sp?) that it will be the one and only time he will discuss/answer questions of this nature (in order to both satisfy the public's curiosity and to get the rest of the press off his back with regards to dwelling on the past).

Sounds at least plausible to me.

im with u on thet one!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 11:48:42 AM »

Enough with Kurt Loder already! Jesus, he does an interview with him years ago & everyone carries on like they have some sort of spiritual connection.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 11:52:03 AM »

LOL...the ooommmm connection with Kurt....LOL
Well he'll probably pull the diva thing and have restrictions on what you can and cannot talk about...or
he'll act like a 43 year old rock star and he won't pull punches and just say what he thinks--I would hope for the latter Grin
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 12:24:58 PM »

well during the 2002 tour when he did interviews there was a strict list of things that could and could not be asked to axl given to each DJ before the interview. I dont see that changing. I could see him giving one or two candid and in-depth interviews but for the most part I'm betting most interviews will follow a guideline of what axl wants to answer and what he doesnt.

I'm sure we'll hear his opinions on former members and whatnot onstage though.  hihi

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 12:51:38 PM »

Enough with Kurt Loder already! Jesus, he does an interview with him years ago & everyone carries on like they have some sort of spiritual connection.

Actually they do have a connection...... every major interview with Axl has been done by Kurt. Why you ask??
Because Axl is comfortable with him, and can some what control the questions and subject matter. He doesn't have that pull with anyone else and isn't important enough at this time to demand things from an interviewer. Sure a local rock Station DJ will bow down to the requests of W. Axl Rose, but you won't see many heavy hitters agreeing to sit down with him if they get a script of 5 questions they get to ask him. Sure it will be good to get exposure in all markets by doing interviews at radio stations during the 2012 Chinese Democracy World Tour, but the big scores will be with shows like Stern, and Howard Stern would tell Axl and his script to go back to 1987 where people were impressed by him. He would never agree to pull punches and would probably just make Axl look like an ass if he did agree to even allow him on the show.

I can see it now:

Merk: Howard here is a list of approved questions, and pay attention to the disclaimer, no talking about the former members or the tour cancellations in 2002.

Howard: No problem, this is going to be great, Axl will have an easy time.

fast forward 20 minutes

Howard: Lets Bring out Axl whos here to promote his new CD Chinese Democracy
Artie: I am psyched to be meeting Axl, I used to love listeing to Welcome to the Jungle while I did blow getting ready for MAD TV
Robin: I hear he has a great new band for this CD
Howard: Here he is..... your looking great...sit down get comfortable
Axl: happy to be here.... I'm a huge fan of the show.
Howard: I have something Ive always wanted to ask you,....... What's Slash like.... That guy seems like a real class act.
Axl just sits and scowls.
Axl: actually I came here to talk about this new disc, Im real proud of it.
Howard: Exactly......So how hard was it making this album without Slash?
Axl looks around the room for someone to bale him out.
Merk: actually we won't be commenting on former members oif the band.
Artie: WHAAAA, I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT SLASH, WHAAAA

That goes on for a few more minutes... Axl walks out then gets shit on untill 10:45 a.m. EST Then the negative stories begin to roll out.

The only one who will either agree to his lame ass questions, or actually stick to them is Loder, strictly because he is the only medai member left that has a hardon for Axl Rose

Crowebar
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 12:56:31 PM »

I remember reading the text of some interview Axl did in 2002, where he specifically said that the truth (as he remembers it) about everything that went down in the past would be revealed someday, after the new album is finally released.

This will either be a one-time exclusive like the ones mentioned above or better yet, an Axl authorized biography book. ok

That would be very cool and would probably contain a ton of never before seen photos and stuff. beer

I hope that's what Axl has up his sleeve for us down the road. yes
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 01:02:54 PM »

Personally I don't care if Axl doesn't do any interviews, although I would like to hear the 'story' behind Chinese Democracy, including some clarification on some of the more entertaining rumours (Las Vegas Strip Club, IRS etc).

If he just released the god damn album and turned up to gigs that would be sufficient!

Here today...ready to rock
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 01:13:06 PM »

I hope Axl will go on the Rockline radio show. That guy Bob Coburn is smart. I'm sure he would ask interesting questions without having to kiss his ass. Plus listeners could call in and ask their own questions.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 01:36:05 PM »

I hope Axl will go on the Rockline radio show. That guy Bob Coburn is smart. I'm sure he would ask interesting questions without having to kiss his ass. Plus listeners could call in and ask their own questions.

Rockline is fantastic and Coburn is a class act, asks tough/relevent questions with extreme tact.

Listeners questions are always the wildcard, I've been on Rockline numerous occassions with The Cult guesting and have had mixed results.? They screen the questions and basically make you tell them verbatim what you would like to ask of the band.? I reworded a question about the inclusion of Billy Morrison as touring bass player into a question about Martyn LeNoble's firing from the band and was thoroughly chastised by the producer after the call.? She said the band's management wasn't happy in the least and threatened to ban me "for life" from the show.? Turns out, Billy Duffy answered my question brilliantly and I've been on a few more times since the "incident".

« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 01:39:46 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 03:23:25 PM »

I read that Axl's lawyers or managers or someone gives pre approved topics for DJ's and journalists to discuss. I am sure we can generalize and asssume that you cant bring up.

What happened with the old guys
Have you had surgery
Why has this album taken so long
When is this album going to come out
Is it true that you are into new age religions and have spiritual advisors?
What is a homefuck?

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 03:56:15 PM »

No matter what Axl will say about "what went on" will be his own version. Remember Steven Adler "revealing the truth" of what was going on back at the time when blah? Every person has his very own version of what has been going on. Think of the last girlfriend / boyfriend you split up with (why did you, actually?)?

So yeah, it definitely would be interesting to hear "Axl's truth", and what he thinks about foo and blah. Bu ast there's not "a reality", this ain't gonna bring any light into anything, and certainly it's rather irrelevant concerning the new album which Axl will be supposed to promote when such an interview might (not) take place. So probably ther's not much of any relevance to say anyway, so why not remain quiet. There are many realities, and every one of us has their own .

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 03:59:48 PM »

I think we already know some of the answers ... Cheesy

What happened with the old guys.                    -they fuckin quitted.
Have you had surgery                                        -You wish!
Why has this album taken so long                     -shorter than expected. Some ppl even said it would never come out.
When is this album going to come out               -do you think I'm here just to answer your silly questions?
Is it true that you are into new age religions and have spiritual advisors? -I wish!
What is a homefuck?                                          -ask younggunner ok
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 04:02:49 PM »

I think we already know some of the answers ... Cheesy

What happened with the old guys.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? -they fuckin quitted.
Thank god 4 that,? Roll Eyes cause gnr couldn't be more intrestin 4 me than it is now? peace

Bandwise they were goin... somewhere with that spagettin disaster...? Roll Eyes
so it kinda kewl now...instead of continuin like rollin stones? Cheesy

Like rollin stones was cool, i liked  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 04:06:49 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 06:02:21 PM »

No Axl isn't ready!! I can't even imagine Axl doing a cover story for ANY magazine. I would love to see it just like everyone else, but it just isn't likely to happen. Even if CD is finally released, I don't think we will see any in-depth interviews with Axl. Yes there will be shitloads of news stories about CD's release,in fact I believe it will be the biggest news story of whatever year it is released, but I don't see Axl playing a part in it.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: