Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A few thoughts
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A few thoughts  (Read 4754 times)
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« on: March 01, 2005, 10:33:29 PM »

Well I guess we all can hope for an album release sometimes in the near future.  With the publishing deal going through and Merck flirting with the idea of Gnr touring.  I was just wonderin if there was a concern about Axl maybe being fearful after what happened to Dime Bag....rip.  I know it has to have struck a chord to musicians alike, that have played such an important parts in the history of music, and then to split up.  There is a whole lot of craziness in this world. I also think that Axl is awfully worried about his album in the hands of piracy.  I just wonder if the album is 90% done, why haven't there been any leaks?  It has to be the biggest project in history, that has had the most secrecy and lock down than any album no hands down.  Its is amazing, that the integrity of Axl's music has been so protected, what do you all think has kept this album so protected, is it money.  Also how about the secrecy of the people in the project and even the people they know of that havent said anything.... well its a mystery to me, what about you all

Just a few thoughts from a fan with a few questions peace
jgfnsr
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 02:38:04 AM »

Well I guess we all can hope for an album release sometimes in the near future.? With the publishing deal going through and Merck flirting with the idea of Gnr touring.? I was just wonderin if there was a concern about Axl maybe being fearful after what happened to Dime Bag....rip.? I know it has to have struck a chord to musicians alike, that have played such an important parts in the history of music, and then to split up.? There is a whole lot of craziness in this world. I also think that Axl is awfully worried about his album in the hands of piracy.? I just wonder if the album is 90% done, why haven't there been any leaks?? It has to be the biggest project in history, that has had the most secrecy and lock down than any album no hands down.? Its is amazing, that the integrity of Axl's music has been so protected, what do you all think has kept this album so protected, is it money.? Also how about the secrecy of the people in the project and even the people they know of that havent said anything.... well its a mystery to me, what about you all

Everyone seems to believe it is inevitable that there will be links before the album is released.

I've never understood this.  Sure, it's possible, but I doubt there has ever been an album in history more protected than Axl's.

And the same goes for the man himself.  In times past, unless he makes one of his sudden decisions to "confront" somebody  hihi, he is always surrounded by bodyguards.
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 08:21:26 AM »

For all the worrying being done about piracy, the world did not jump on the new songs played live and start distributing them about the web. None of my casual GNR fan friends have even heard of them and they download music all the time (legally of course). Is this also a worry?
There's been a lot of talk about the new tunes being amazing yet they never became cult classics across the web or even garnered much press attention...maybe the boat has sailed with the general public and press in it....I hope not.
Peace,
Intercourse
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 12:36:31 PM »

you can protect it as much as you want but unless axl is sitting at home burning each and every copy off himself on his computer then it's hard to stop some random employee at the mastering plant from slipping one copy in his pocket and then putting it online.

Imagine axl burning all the copies himself at home on his computer.  rofl

ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 12:50:17 PM »

It does puzzle me that artists like Eminem, U2, 50 Cent who have recently released albums have to push there release dates forward because of leaks, but like you said Saul why has'nt the new album been leaked? personally i don't want to be leaked anyway, but maybe it just proves how much of a really big album this could be, Axl has been making music for the last 12 years (i hope lol) and none of it has been leaked even with the internet boom in the late nineties.

Bow!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 12:54:49 PM »

To me the lack of leaks is more troubling than a sign of how big the project is. The fact that it hasn't leaked is that it hasn;t hit the hands of someone who can leak it. It's not like Geffen/Universal has handed the security reigns over to the NSA and it is impossible to leak.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 01:01:01 PM »

I'm gunna guess that the reason there hasnt been a leak yet is because it hasnt been "sent off" for final mastering/packaging.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 05:05:59 PM »

you can protect it as much as you want but unless axl is sitting at home burning each and every copy off himself on his computer then it's hard to stop some random employee at the mastering plant from slipping one copy in his pocket and then putting it online.

Imagine axl burning all the copies himself at home on his computer.  rofl
that's exactly what he and Robin have been doing during 2003 and 2004 besides completing games!!! Shocked

Seriously, they may well be trying out the most advanced technologies in the vanguard that guard the baby from piracy.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 05:31:52 PM »

I believe that with not even one song leaking over all these years lends credence to the theory that there isn't even an album to leak. I know that alot of people  hate to hear that, and as much as I hate to say it, the theory is a real possibility and its something that should be discussed,not ignored. After all these years,if Axl supposedly has up to 200 songs, some of the material would have been on soundtracks,video games,etc. He could have released songs and it NOT interfere with CD. Unless CD is gonna have 200 songs on it, we should have gotten a few songs out by now.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 05:49:04 PM »

After all these years,if Axl supposedly has up to 200 songs, some of the material would have been on soundtracks,video games,etc. He could have released songs and it NOT interfere with CD. Unless CD is gonna have 200 songs on it, we should have gotten a few songs out by now.
200 songs?
Judging From what I've heard, there were ONLY dozens of new songs Axl had recently recorded.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 05:53:41 PM »

There is people on this board who say that Axl has 200 songs to work with on CD. That's probably the biggest joke about this whole mystery. We're gonna be lucky if we get a full length cd. We sure as hell ain't ever gonna hear 200 songs..unless Axl lives to be 1000.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 06:04:24 PM »

Here is the big "mystery to illegal downloading".  If you want your CD hidden till release its not that hard.  In most cases, the record company or the band themselves will release the "illegal" songs onto the web in an attempt to "stir-up" interest.  So the likes of CNN Fox News and magazines will let the consumer know that there is an album out.  Then in turn, the record companies will put the CD on shelves early with some type of bonus features.  In retrospect, MOST of the leaking from unreleased albums onto the web is a marketing ploy done by the record companies.  Axl should have no worries, unless the leaking of a song or two is part of the plan.

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 06:51:45 PM »

There is such a thing as having too much intergrity.  If you take that much pride in your work, then it becomes a mockery of itself.  CD is a joke to me.  It's something that is blown way out of proportion and is very dramatic with all the secrecy and everything. 
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 11:17:15 PM »

This whole 'Chinese Democracy is special and wont get leaked' stuff is nonsense. As special as it is to you and me (as Guns fans) it is just another album to a lot of people and RNS or wheoever will get hold of it one day and it will leak and thousands of geeks who never even heard of Chinese Democracy will go online and see:
Guns N' Roses Chinese_Democracy-2012-RNS

and they'll be like 'oooooooh look Guns N Roses, the ones who did Welcome to the Jungle have a new album, download that one'

This shouldnt matter though, yeah sure it affects sales and I don't agree with it (I'm with the people who say if u like an album, buy it  ok ) but it happens to all big artists like U2, Eminem, Metallica and they all still have a success. The secret is (like someone else said) to release a bonus disc/dvd with the retail version to attract more people to own the real thing.
Someone also said because there has been no leaks that could be because there is NOTHING TO leak. Well we know for a fact there is some new material, we heard 5 songs live and i'm sure there are more tracks. I think it is all just down to Axl being a perfectionist, he keeps tweaking these tracks and changing shit around. The ones he played live were ones I think he was completely happy with, the other ones ('The Big Guns') he probably wants to be absolutely perfect so that when we do hear them we are completely blown away.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
dboyd13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 12:26:49 AM »

I checked out the 2 new Nine Inch Nails mps on the net for free.  They were very good.  If CD leaked on the net, I would listen and still go out and buy at 12:01 AM on the day it came out.  Internet piracy is overrated.  It is a fact that music still sells tons of copys!!!  All the MP3 leaks do, is fire me up to buy the cd when it comes out.  Hell, MTV and their "leak" will put out songs days before the cd is out in stores.  Kids still run out to buy them.
  Just cause I heard the 2 NIN songs, does not mean I wont get their cd, Im all over it on May 3!
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 11:52:35 AM »

Well I guess we all can hope for an album release sometimes in the near future.? With the publishing deal going through and Merck flirting with the idea of Gnr touring.? I was just wonderin if there was a concern about Axl maybe being fearful after what happened to Dime Bag....rip.? I know it has to have struck a chord to musicians alike, that have played such an important parts in the history of music, and then to split up.? There is a whole lot of craziness in this world. I also think that Axl is awfully worried about his album in the hands of piracy.? I just wonder if the album is 90% done, why haven't there been any leaks?? It has to be the biggest project in history, that has had the most secrecy and lock down than any album no hands down.? Its is amazing, that the integrity of Axl's music has been so protected, what do you all think has kept this album so protected, is it money.? Also how about the secrecy of the people in the project and even the people they know of that havent said anything.... well its a mystery to me, what about you all

I think if Axl demands it...he can pick and choose who hears the album and who does not. I don't think Robin or Tommy have the same clout that Axl does. No disrespect to them, it's just the nature of the beast.

I agree though that it is troubling...it could lead someone to believe that there really isn't anything to pirate.

interesting tangent---remember when Metallica called Axl an ass hole for how he "treated the fans"...well I don't recall Axl suing anyone for piracy of one of their gay, over-rated movie soundtrack songs.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: