Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:49:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If Chinese Democracy become a huge hit is there chance for reunion?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Chinese Democracy become a huge hit is there chance for reunion?  (Read 8154 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 11:35:07 PM »

I hate to admit it, but I totally agree with you. Axl has everything riding on this album; if it tanks, it's over. I'm not sure if he will ever try again or be open to a reunion, but axl rose will retreat into this house for as long as the courts allow him to have it. Let's hope the 13 million was well spent and we get a great, powerful record. Axl is a very talented guy who deserves a return to the spotlight.

I think this album could flop and axl could walk away with a big smile on his face. The man doesnt need commercial success to have money , thats for sure. And I'm sure he wont release music that HE isnt totally satisfied with , so if it flops or not rest assured axl is happy with what he has created.

I also feel that he could just as easily cull the vast amount of material that has been recorded and have a follow up to democracy out within a year and the record company would be happy for it. To think this is axl's "last chance" at anything is IMHO a silly thing to say .. so many bands have released piss poor albums that didnt sell for shit and have been afforded the luxury of doing it over and over again. A man of axl's caliber and past glory can be afforded one major flop in his career , no?

Maybe if democracy flops he can go be a producer , as long as he doesnt die he should be ok.

peace

well, he hasn't released anything in 12 years. He spent more than ten million on this album over a period of seven years; if that wasn't enough time, money, and talent to make an epic record, how could any label retain confidence in axl rose. I don't doubt the release of other tracks that were created with the CD money, but as far as further investment, I seriously doubt much cash will be forthcoming from the label.

Axl has always had thin skin when it comes to critical judgment. If the critics and public nix this record, I don't believe he will suck it up just for the art. i remember tommy stinson described axl's passion for the record and how he had everything resting on his shoulders since this was to be judged as an Axl Rose record. I got the impression that the redhead was very stressed out during this whole process and since he has responded to certain criticisms of the new songs demonstrates how sensitive he is to feedback. Failure, however, would be catastrophic for his confidence; if he cannot make a record the way he feels it has to be made, as we have seen before, he will choose not to do it. IMO
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 12:33:16 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 12:25:06 AM »

If CD is not critically accepted and doesn't do well it will cause him to quit because it is basically the music buying public's way of telling him his dream of what GNR should be was wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. He has gone through all of this in the genuine belief this is the direction GNR was destined to go, and he has had all time and resources possible to make it the perfect reflection of his dream for Guns. If it is rejected by critics and the public, what incentive does he have to make music if the public inadvertantly tell him they don't like his vision by not buying the record? This is obviously going to be his dream album, so if his dream album doesn't end up cutting it commericially that's it for him. Regardless of how much other stuff they have recorded, because that stuff probably sounds alot like the stuff on CD, so it is only logical he would have to pan the project and start from scratch, and I just don't think he has it in him.

I say he is mentally and emotionally fragile because the guy is so easily spooked it is ridiculous. Everyone in his life treats him with kid gloves because they know he is a baby about certain stuff, and even the slightest thing he doesn't like will lead to him storming off stage or not showing up somewhere. His history shows that to be 100% true. Hell, at HOB in Vegas in 01, the promoter had to chase Slash out of the hotel out of fear Axl might get spooked and not come on. And you can bet your bottom dollar he would have stormed offstage had he looked out in the crowd and saw him(which is not normal behavior), where I would argue the same wouldn't happen were he spotted at a VR show. It is nothing more than a lack of maturity with him. You heard the MTV guys saying the same thing about him in 02 at the VMA's. Starting a fight and walking off stage over a camera in St. Louis, or how about Montreal over whatever he was mad about.

The guy is emotionally unstable. I use fragile in the sense he needs to be handled with kid gloves and get things his way or he takes his ball and goes home. Everyone has things that get to him, everything gets to him though. He reads every review to see what people are saying, every article. He is desperate to be accept and viewed as being relevant. If he truly didn't care, he wouldn't rant about reviews he reads at shows and right songs about them.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 02:27:52 PM »

I would much rather the current lineup stay together then bring back the old guys.. i think they are washed up, shitalkers, and sellouts.  The current lineup has so much more talent and versatility. 

Izzy is the only one I would be glad to have back.
Meikai
Opening Act

w00t w00t!

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 09:04:32 PM »

I would much rather the current lineup stay together then bring back the old guys.. i think they are washed up, shitalkers, and sellouts.? The current lineup has so much more talent and versatility.?

Izzy is the only one I would be glad to have back.

Shitalkers? I've never heard any of the guys utter a foul statement on the topic.

In any case, I as much as most old GNR fans would love to see a reunion....Im sorry, buckethead just doesn't have the charisma Slash had......but I'm also realistic and realize there is A LOT of bad blood between all of the old gunners. I hope CD does sell well, I'll be buying a copy in hopes that Axl has done well with himself musically. But CD selling well inspiring a reunion? HIGHLY doubtfull.

I love my GNR girls from Metal Sludge!!
Me,Angel,Tina,Erika,Iris,Leith,Charisma,Julia and Maya!!
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 11:04:09 PM »

thats like getting back together with a girl you had a crush on in kindergarten after youve been married for 10 years....its just not in the cards.  impossible? no.  unlikely? extremely
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2005, 06:01:45 AM »

Depends if that girl from my kindergarten class was going to put millions of dollars in my pocket.  hihi

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2005, 08:40:23 AM »

No, No and fucking hell no.

Fuck 'Em All.
shaun
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 08:48:10 AM »

...is the Pope a virgin?   Grin
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 09:11:06 AM »

There won't be a reunion and I for one am glad for that! I hate comebacks. It's always the same, the old members started to hate each other and quit. But after ten-fifteen years they realize that their solo efforts didn't cut it and that they now want to compromise....

It should be about doing the best possible music, not searching for something that has been and can never be again.

None of the old reunited bands have any hunger or respectability left.
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 02:00:09 PM »

Honestly I wouldnt want a reuinion, If Democracy hits it proves that he doesnt need the other guys and it would also mean that Richard,Robin,Brain, and Tommy have proven themselves as the new GnR instead of a bunch of musicians that Axl put together and slapped the GnR name on them to sell records. But to answer ur question no I dont think so, theres js too much bitterness and Axl can hold a grudge till the day he dies, So I dont see it happening.

Personally I think that will undo all the work that Axls done putting these guys together and making this record, and it'll also undo all the work Slash,Duff, and Matt have put into VR  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 02:44:51 PM »

Maybey.....Maybey Not? Undecided
Your question can't be answered? no

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Warren
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 07:09:51 AM »

Real Guns N'Roses' fans want a reunion. They are waiting and hoping for it.

All the other people are only Axl Rose's fans who don't care about the genuine Guns N'Roses. They just care about Axl's little ass.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 07:12:43 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 07:22:25 AM »

All the other people are only Axl Rose's fans who don't care about the genuine Guns N'Roses. They just care about Axl's little ass.

If you are just trying to get someone to bite, then congratulations you have you fucking idiot! I have been a guns fans since afd came out in 87 and am still as bigger fan of the band now in the format its in. I loved the old band, but shit happens it went pear shaped they fell out and people left. I am also really impressed with the concerts I've seen with the new band and I believe that the new album will be something very special. But what fucking right have you got to make statements like that? Yeh sure I am a massive Axl fan but I also respect all of guns members there have been over the years. I also respect all other proper guns fans across the world who have stuck with the band through thick and thin. Not the negative mother fuckers who make stupid comments about axl or guns! You have not got a fucking clue what you are talking about! A reunion ent gonna happen get over it! Axl has created something new and one would be led to believe that he is very proud of it and VR have done the same. Get with the times and stop living in the past fool!

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 07:25:54 AM »

Before I get a telling off for abusing someone else. I am sorry! This dude just pressed all the wrong buttons with those sort of comments!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 07:52:11 AM »

Just a piece of advice, that kind of comments usually don't make a posting career here that long. We get it, you like the old band. Now, move on, they broke up. You're at a GN'R board with, surprise surprise, many Axl fans. Maybe you think this is the "we hate Axl and the new band" board?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 10:13:55 AM »

Real Guns N'Roses' fans want a reunion. They are waiting and hoping for it. All the other people are only Axl Rose's fans who don't care about the genuine Guns N'Roses.

Wrong! It's obsessive old school fans who don't care about the genuine GN'R. You just care about your huge Idolum.
A real GN'R fan would support the GN'R existing in real like estranged 33 does.

They just care about Axl's little ass.

Wrong! read Assman's post that tells you genuine music fan's point of view.

It should be about doing the best possible music, not searching for something that has been and can never be again.

None of the old reunited bands have any hunger or respectability left.
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 03:27:02 PM »

im sorry but i agree with the other guy,the old gnr wer the best!i dont mean 2 offend anyone but axl screwd them guys over an i jus cant stand buckethead!

peace

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 03:31:12 PM »

im sorry but i agree with the other guy,the old gnr wer the best!i dont mean 2 offend anyone but axl screwd them guys over an i jus cant stand buckethead!

peace
Good, cos Buckethead ain't in the band anymore? ok
We all love the old band, but ya got to give the new band a chance, you dig....what I'm sayin'? ?Smiley

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 03:59:41 PM »

Before I get a telling off for abusing someone else. I am sorry! This dude just pressed all the wrong buttons with those sort of comments!
Not exuse yourself imo...
and if you miss the old band (whoever you is) blame slash and duff 4 leaving, not axl who keeps gunsnroses goin...

and isn't vr a reunion enough 4 you, if that doesn't sound like gnr, buy Chinese Democracy when it's out  ok
music is not what it was in 60's anymore either  Cry

But is ok  Roll Eyes
I think most here likes the new band and axl's singin- and that it's called gnr is just a cool bonus  peace
+ that the hints of musical direction we heard sounds intrestin 2 me  love

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 05:14:46 PM »

If Chinese Democracy become a huge hit is there chance for reunion? Maybe then Axl will be satisfy and be on-line to talk with old members...What do you think? Maybe Chinese Democracy have just one purpose - to give a proof for Axl`s rights and his talent.
CD has nothing to do with chances of a reunion.  Also, there can't be a reunion because people don't like to be controlled, and some people can't relinquish any control at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: