Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:58:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If Chinese Democracy become a huge hit is there chance for reunion?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Chinese Democracy become a huge hit is there chance for reunion?  (Read 8155 times)
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 27, 2005, 10:15:32 AM »

If Chinese Democracy become a huge hit is there chance for reunion? Maybe then Axl will be satisfy and be on-line to talk with old members...What do you think? Maybe Chinese Democracy have just one purpose - to give a proof for Axl`s rights and his talent.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 10:40:12 AM »

Dude you gotta face the facts, theres not going to be a reunion. Theres too much bad blood between the band for that to happen. And I'm happy that it will never happen. We got the new band and they rock so.......
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 10:59:25 AM »

I think it will point the other way.. CD`s hit status will make a reunion even more fare away
Im sure in the future somtime, there are a posability for a reunion concert, but that is fare in the future..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 11:14:26 AM »

Don't count on a reunion anytime soon. Although I?ve always thought that they eventually will get back together for one night or some sort of mini-tour (money can be very persuasive), purely cashing in on nostalgia (in 2012, 25 years after releasing ?Appetite?, or so). When people get older they often tend to get a little more reasonable and softer around the edges so to say?

Whatever may happen, I don?t think Axl sees CD as something he has to make to proof something to the ex-members?

-PEACE-

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 11:55:44 AM »

I've always said that when "Chinese Democracy" comes out, it will be a huge success. Musically and commercially. I feel it. I'm extremely optimistic about the success of this album. The buzz around it is really big...it will sell a lot.
Now concerning a reunion, that's the ultimate dream of lots of people, but let's be realistic: I don't see it happening "soon" at all. Axl doesn't seem ready for that. He may have his personal reasons though.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 12:08:41 PM »

Sorry...there will never ever ever ever be a reunion. ?We have the same odds of John Fogerty and old CCR getting back together, or Roger Waters and Pink Floyd...there is just too much bad blood.

Also, if CD's a hit why would that make a reunion more likely? ?That makes no sense. ?If CD were to fail, (which as we know from the sounds of The Blues, Maddy, and CD, that it can't fail) but if it were a COMMERCIAL failure, then your odds of a reunion go from .001% to .01%. ? Smiley

Also, from what I hear, if you dig the old band, there's this alright band out there called Velvet Revolver. ?Cheesy

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 12:14:17 PM »

If Chinese Democracy become a huge hit is there chance for reunion? Maybe then Axl will be satisfy and be on-line to talk with old members...What do you think? Maybe Chinese Democracy have just one purpose - to give a proof for Axl`s rights and his talent.

Oh for fucks sake!! If Chinese Democracy is a success it will be because what axl and the new band members have created amoungst themselves, it hasnt got bugger all do with the old band members! They left!!!!

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 12:22:13 PM »

Hell no if Chinese Democracy is a hit then Axl knows he can pull it with the guns he has now

EEEERRRR Little boy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 01:20:13 PM »

I think the old band chemistry ran out before TSI. Lets focus on the new chemistry.

Whatever may happen, I don?t think Axl sees CD as something he has to make to proof something to the ex-members?
Exactly. It would be the dumbest reason to make music. We would be the most moronic fans waiting for the sissiest album.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 02:09:14 PM »

but if it were a COMMERCIAL failure, then your odds of a reunion go from .001% to .01%.   

If it's a commericial failure we will have seen the last of Axl Rose as a musical performer as he will no doubt leave the music world. After all of the hype and money that went into this project, if it does not sell well his career is over no matter how much the hardcore fans argue that is a musically better album than anything he has ever done.

The record label is not paying 13 million or whatever it is for 2-3 million sales U.S and 4-5 million worldwide. VR or any new band for that matter can end up doing that at a small fraction of the cost. At the end of the day the label could give 2 shits about creative merit, they want to see results with that type of capital invested. So if we want to see a reunion or even a second album for that matter, we better hope to hell this album sells like wildfire.

I think it will be good, but I haven't heard any rockers that sound any better than anything on the radio today, and certainly don't hold a candle to GNR's previous work, which will ultimately be the standard when looking at balls out rockers. I love Maddy and the Blues, but the people I have screened them to who aren't hardcore about GNR like me give the basic, "they're good but Maddy sounds like a NR knockoff and the Blues sound like a cheesy 80's song." I am sure he has better songs, but out of that 3 billion albums worth of material they have recorded he needs to pick the absolute 15 best songs because having a 3 album plan won't mean shit if the first album doesn't sell well as there will be no next album. So let's hope there is much better hiding in there, because while Maddy, CD and the Blues are good songs they won't sell  5-7 million albums in the U.S, and for 13 million bucks that will ultimately be the labels expectation regardless of how much certain people around here claim that sales don't matter as long as the album sounds good. If you want a 2nd album, pray for good sales, or there will be no next album.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 02:39:15 PM »

There will NEVER be a reunion.... Face it!!!!
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 03:49:31 PM »

Yeah when are people gonna understand its not gonna happen. And 2nd if Chinese Democracy become huge it will be like putting the nail in the coffin of ever having a reunion. No offense but thats a dumb question.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 04:16:11 PM »

No offense but thats a dumb question

No such thing as a dumb question get of your high horse... give the guy a break

I would be the last person in favor of a reunion, I always liked the new gnr more then the old. In the world of GNR the most surreal things happen, the old line up getting back together would fit perfectly in all of that...

-PEACE-

« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 04:39:27 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 05:00:13 PM »

Yeah I think the old GNR will get back together. In about 5 or 10 years they'll show up at the rock n roll hall of fame and play a few songs together. But thats it.

jgfnsr
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2005, 05:34:58 PM »

Also, from what I hear, if you dig the old band, there's this alright band out there called Velvet Revolver. ?Cheesy

Yeah, you'll hear some people sayin' Velvet Revolver is the closest thing you're gonna get to the old band. 

Hardly.

The old Guns N' Roses that band is not. 

Stone Temple Pilots on steroids would be a more accurate description.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2005, 08:38:55 PM »

Chinese Democracy has to come out first!  And I'm now not to sure that will even happen.  I hope it does, but I'm starting to lose hope.  I need to here something positive soon.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Metallica Man
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 08:56:26 PM »

I don't believe for a second a huge album would cause a reunion,however, I did read in a post here they would be happy if there wasn't a reunion,are you on drugs? The original GNR was the shit,how could you possibly not want to see them together again?
shaner
Opening Act

That old man, he's a real mother fucker!!!

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 09:07:42 PM »

One thing that most people know from life experiences....Any thing can happen!!! As long as Axl and the other X memebers are still alive, its always possible......but not likley.
Look at the Police...they got back together for one show!! They hated eachother, well more the rest hating Sing....gee that sound like someone other band I know........

Everything smells like horse shit, down here on the farm!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 10:29:48 PM »

but if it were a COMMERCIAL failure, then your odds of a reunion go from .001% to .01%.   

If it's a commericial failure we will have seen the last of Axl Rose as a musical performer as he will no doubt leave the music world. After all of the hype and money that went into this project, if it does not sell well his career is over no matter how much the hardcore fans argue that is a musically better album than anything he has ever done.

The record label is not paying 13 million or whatever it is for 2-3 million sales U.S and 4-5 million worldwide. VR or any new band for that matter can end up doing that at a small fraction of the cost. At the end of the day the label could give 2 shits about creative merit, they want to see results with that type of capital invested. So if we want to see a reunion or even a second album for that matter, we better hope to hell this album sells like wildfire.

I think it will be good, but I haven't heard any rockers that sound any better than anything on the radio today, and certainly don't hold a candle to GNR's previous work, which will ultimately be the standard when looking at balls out rockers. I love Maddy and the Blues, but the people I have screened them to who aren't hardcore about GNR like me give the basic, "they're good but Maddy sounds like a NR knockoff and the Blues sound like a cheesy 80's song." I am sure he has better songs, but out of that 3 billion albums worth of material they have recorded he needs to pick the absolute 15 best songs because having a 3 album plan won't mean shit if the first album doesn't sell well as there will be no next album. So let's hope there is much better hiding in there, because while Maddy, CD and the Blues are good songs they won't sell  5-7 million albums in the U.S, and for 13 million bucks that will ultimately be the labels expectation regardless of how much certain people around here claim that sales don't matter as long as the album sounds good. If you want a 2nd album, pray for good sales, or there will be no next album.

I hate to admit it, but I totally agree with you. Axl has everything riding on this album; if it tanks, it's over. I'm not sure if he will ever try again or be open to a reunion, but axl rose will retreat into this house for as long as the courts allow him to have it. Let's hope the 13 million was well spent and we get a great, powerful record. Axl is a very talented guy who deserves a return to the spotlight.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2005, 10:50:23 PM »

I hate to admit it, but I totally agree with you. Axl has everything riding on this album; if it tanks, it's over. I'm not sure if he will ever try again or be open to a reunion, but axl rose will retreat into this house for as long as the courts allow him to have it. Let's hope the 13 million was well spent and we get a great, powerful record. Axl is a very talented guy who deserves a return to the spotlight.

I think this album could flop and axl could walk away with a big smile on his face. The man doesnt need commercial success to have money , thats for sure. And I'm sure he wont release music that HE isnt totally satisfied with , so if it flops or not rest assured axl is happy with what he has created.

I also feel that he could just as easily cull the vast amount of material that has been recorded and have a follow up to democracy out within a year and the record company would be happy for it. To think this is axl's "last chance" at anything is IMHO a silly thing to say .. so many bands have released piss poor albums that didnt sell for shit and have been afforded the luxury of doing it over and over again. A man of axl's caliber and past glory can be afforded one major flop in his career , no?

Maybe if democracy flops he can go be a producer , as long as he doesnt die he should be ok.

peace

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: