Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:58:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  can't stop thinkin about this: axl usin voice enchancers?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: can't stop thinkin about this: axl usin voice enchancers?  (Read 6068 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« on: February 26, 2005, 02:22:38 PM »

lol, it's that vma thing...? nervous

in tokyo axl says after live and let die
"if we got a compressor, an eq or a filter on this, take it off"

then at the vma (if you seen it) he reaches a technic thing on his waist when he screams the opening scream, and the sound gets higher and more high picthed...
the same he does when he scream "it's gonna bring you 2 your knees"

hopefully just 2 adjust some levels, but the thought if it bein a remote 4 a compressor, an eq or a filter don't escape moi... help me

what do you think?
Is not so bad, if it is, but a little disapointing tho, imo...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 02:32:40 PM »

Maybey when he presses the button it plays a prerecorded scream? hihi Seriously though I wouldn't know about this kind of thing, maybey some one in the "Nice boys don't play Rock N' Roll" section might know something? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 02:51:07 PM »

lol, it's that vma thing...? nervous

in tokyo axl says after live and let die
"if we got a compressor, an eq or a filter on this, take it off"

then at the vma (if you seen it) he reaches a technic thing on his waist when he screams the opening scream, and the sound gets higher and more high picthed...
the same he does when he scream "it's gonna bring you 2 your knees"

hopefully just 2 adjust some levels, but the thought if it bein a remote 4 a compressor, an eq or a filter don't escape moi... help me

what do you think?
Is not so bad, if it is, but a little disapointing tho, imo...

He also did this in RIR 3, all the time...

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 02:52:20 PM »

All singers use this, he used it on the UYI tour too.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 03:01:42 PM »

the only unatural thing axl has used is the echoing sound thing. Other than that its all natural

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 03:12:30 PM »

Yeah Axl is definitely going to have to use some kind of voice enhancement because by the sound of the 2002 tour, he needs it.

duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 03:22:29 PM »

Yeah Axl is definitely going to have to use some kind of voice enhancement because by the sound of the 2002 tour, he needs it.

Agree.

Just listen to the 2002 tour promo-clip and you will hear it on Madagascar.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 03:37:38 PM »

But he didn't wear it. So why now?

My guess, is so he can have direct access and control of it. If we ever get a interview with him, I hope this is one of the questions. So...so curious! Wink

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 04:30:38 PM »

Sorry to burst you're guys' bubble, but the thing on Axl's waist has nothing to do with effects or enhancers on his voice. You know the ear pieces that he wears, that thing on his waist adjusts the volume to his ear pieces. And for the Boston promo there is no enhancer on his voice for the new songs, its called grit. Axl can still sing the same way he used to, he just doesnt do it live cause it puts too much stress on his voice. Anyway, the only song he has used an effect on for the new stuff so far is Oh My God, and that was just to put distortion on his voice.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 04:43:20 PM »

Sorry to burst you're guys' bubble, but the thing on Axl's waist has nothing to do with effects or enhancers on his voice. You know the ear pieces that he wears, that thing on his waist adjusts the volume to his ear pieces. And for the Boston promo there is no enhancer on his voice for the new songs, its called grit. Axl can still sing the same way he used to, he just doesnt do it live cause it puts too much stress on his voice. Anyway, the only song he has used an effect on for the new stuff so far is Oh My God, and that was just to put distortion on his voice.
Yeah, you're right. And you can sing so many takes in studio and select only the finest stuff. You can't do that live.
I've only noticed the reverb that he used when he screamed, it seems like the guy on the soundboard put some more reverb on his voice... But that's an usual thing to any singer.  yes

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »

Brilliant answer  ok  rofl

Axl never wore a waist pack nor did he adjust his own sound during the uyi tour. That part was totaly new with the new guns, just like his new mic stand...

He could adjust his voice level and his monitor level with that pack, if he wanted he could have added his effect during omg too, and he could have put more distortion on buckets guitar during nightrain if he wanted to...

there's one monitor guy(who adjust the monitor level) which you don't see to often(the never mind guy at rio) and the obvious fucker out in the crowd running the mixer which you'll always see....

axl could, again, with his piece adjust both his voice level and his monitor level....

that said... it is hard for a singer to adjust his own voice level in the mix while singing, so all that screwing with the pack is basically to adjust his monitor level, nothing more...

It's like, slash do this thing with the volume nob to do the dolphin sound during estraged, but there's a guy who actually switches his efx whenever he uses em'.... you dig norway  hihi beer smoking

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 09:47:21 PM »

Brilliant answer? ok? rofl

Axl never wore a waist pack nor did he adjust his own sound during the uyi tour. That part was totaly new with the new guns, just like his new mic stand...

He could adjust his voice level and his monitor level with that pack, if he wanted he could have added his effect during omg too, and he could have put more distortion on buckets guitar during nightrain if he wanted to...

there's one monitor guy(who adjust the monitor level) which you don't see to often(the never mind guy at rio) and the obvious fucker out in the crowd running the mixer which you'll always see....

axl could, again, with his piece adjust both his voice level and his monitor level....

that said... it is hard for a singer to adjust his own voice level in the mix while singing, so all that screwing with the pack is basically to adjust his monitor level, nothing more...

It's like, slash do this thing with the volume nob to do the dolphin sound during estraged, but there's a guy who actually switches his efx whenever he uses em'.... you dig norway? hihi beer smoking

Some of you need a clue. The thing on this waist is for his ear piece not for his voice enhancer. You can tell he used them on the UYI tour, I have tons of bootlegs and you can hear them everywhere. So like I said Axl  used voice enhancers on the UYI  tour too. Just listen to his screams on LALD from the UYI tour, you will hear it being used. 

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 11:51:48 PM »

Well, in RIR 3 he sing the songs pretty clearly, but you can hear distortion on the 2002 tour. I wonder what that thing of his belt is for.  peace
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 07:15:43 AM »

Brilliant answer? ok? rofl

It's like, slash do this thing with the volume nob to do the dolphin sound during estraged, but there's a guy who actually switches his efx whenever he uses em'.... you dig norway? hihi beer smoking

Some of you need a clue. The thing on this waist is for his ear piece not for his voice enhancer. You can tell he used them on the UYI tour, I have tons of bootlegs and you can hear them everywhere. So like I said Axl? used voice enhancers on the UYI? tour too. Just listen to his screams on LALD from the UYI tour, you will hear it being used.?

here's a clue for you dave, how is it possible for you too actually hear that Axl adjusts his ear piece, noone but axl hears his ear piece.

tell me about one boot from the uyi tour where you can see axl's waist pack, it's not there man because he didn't adjust it himself.

i think that the crew back then was much more tight than on the last tour, there was not much for axl to adjust, he barely even showed up to soundcheck and that says alot about the confident in the crew.

during rir3, vma medley and the festival gigs you can hear and see that axl adjust his pack alot more than lets say boston, msg etc., maybe because the venues have a different setup because other play at the same stage the same night etc.

and it is possible to have controll over your voice level and monitor level and efx with a waist pack like that, i believe that he only uses it to adjust his monitor level tho since the guy out in the crowd has a much better chance of hearing how it's supposed to be...

on the uyi boots that i have they basically adjust the sound to perfection during the first song, at least thats what i can make out of it...

peace

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2005, 07:16:13 AM »

it adjusts the volume of his earpiece.
and it's quite understandable, if he turns up the volume there, he will automatically start singing a bit louder, I think thats part of the reason he uses it too.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2005, 08:23:36 AM »

i think that the crew back then was much more tight than on the last tour, there was not much for axl to adjust, he barely even showed up to soundcheck and that says alot about the confident in the crew.

I think you're wrong.

Watch one of the MTV documentaries about GN'R and you'll hear Axl singing something like "All we need is patience.... and really good monitor men" during one of the 1992 shows.

Do you know why the Montreal show was stopped? The monitors weren't working.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 08:52:22 AM »

Weren't the reasons both sound and Axl's sore throat for the show being stopped?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 08:56:32 AM »

Explain what "grit" is for a n00b like me.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 09:35:50 AM »

Weren't the reasons both sound and Axl's sore throat for the show being stopped?

Yeah, he had just come back from time off due to throat problems, and singing without monitors might have damaged his voice even more.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2005, 11:28:40 AM »

NEW FLASH!

every vocalist in the world uses e.q, compression, reverb and delay/echo... everyone. Its no different turning up the distortion on a guitar or adjusting the eq.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: