Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash's Subtle Re-Union Message to Axl??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Subtle Re-Union Message to Axl??  (Read 12392 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2005, 02:05:34 PM »

"He's in my Ass!!! Thats where Slash is go home fucktard!" Leeds 2002

how is that trashing slash? if anything its trashing the fan in the crowd that had the sign.
"I read a review where some guy said there were a lot of technical problems in the band.... Izzy couldnt hear himself. You want to know why Izzy couldnt hear himself. Because Izzy would be so wacked out that our roadies would have to turn his amps down because once we would start playing a song Izzy would begin playing an entirely different song. Another interesting tidbit for your trivial persuit"

Again how is this trashing? He is stating a fact. Izzy was fucked up back then. Slah has even said it in older interviews that Izzy was so fucked up that they had to turn his amps down.

"Slash may look like the fucking De La Hoya but he can suck my dick!"

Thats a fact too, besides the suck my dick part which he never even said. Slash looks like hes the nicest guy ever, but in reality hes an asshole who will do anything for money and publicity.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 02:07:27 PM »

Since Scott plans to release a solo album

Huh

Where did you hear this?

Erm, months ago, as I remember when Scott was laying down vocals, there was some news that Scott would want to do a solo album in the next years.

I've found this tiny mention of the solo album, but I think we should continue this in the VR thread.

Scott Weiland Forced Into Rehab
Friday October 31, 2003 @ 04:00 PM
(...)
The latest news resulting from Monday?s incident: the Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver singer has been court-ordered to spend six months in a residential drug rehab centre.
(...)
The STP/Velvet Revolver frontman has also started his own record label (Softdrive) and is working on his second solo album. We?ll see if he can get it together for the sake of the music.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2003/10/3102.cfm

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2005, 02:12:25 PM »

i think you are a little off on this quote, im pretty sure he said something like "slash may seem like de la hoya but he's really the fucking vargas"

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2005, 02:15:54 PM »

i think you are a little off on this quote, im pretty sure he said something like "slash may seem like de la hoya but he's really the fucking vargas"

'and I am Serpico and they are the bad cops and they can suck my dick' or something like that.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005, 02:25:10 PM »

Gunners,
I'm just having a laugh with this one but this quote from Slash in a recent VR article suprised me:

He claims that while Velvet Revolver were auditioning singers, the final link in the original GN'R story, guitarist and star songwriter Izzy Stradlin, dropped in on a rehearsal.

"In the process we wrote probably about eight or 12 original songs which would have been the best Guns N'Roses album, had Axl sung it," Slash enthuses. "It was really cool stuff. It wasn't right for Velvet Revolver but with that combination of Duff and Izzy and myself, it was a f---in' bunch of really, really great Guns N' Roses music which unfortunately will probably never see the light of day."

I think this says a lot about Slashs acknowledgement of Axls forever holding position as the spiritual leader of the devastating threesome of Slash, Izzy and Duff.

I wonder what accommodation would have to be come to to get Axl to sing on those tunes? Even if Axl worked alone without ever seeing the other guys and they put it out under a different band name it would be the worst kept secret in music history and the album would sell by the truckload. In fact, has anything as weird as that ever been done successfully by any other musicians?

Sure all parties have moved on but HOT DAMN these kind of quotes make my legs twitch. I cannot help thinking what the old GnR with 52 more years of life lived between them would sound like now. I know this is dead horse stuff but damnnnn………
Peace,
Intercourse

One day, when we are all over 60 and enjoying our retirement, we will all belong to an Assisted Living facility group night out and on the bill will be this:

Guns n' Roses reunited.

Come and see what no one thought would ever happen. ?

So, we will all sign up (similar to a Grayline Sightseeing bus) charted tour to see the show. ?We will all have a section near the disabled area and will rock out in our wheelchairs.

Axl's braids will be gray, but he'll still move and sing like a motherfucker
Slash's hair will be white (and he have found his stolen top hat) and will pump us with guitar solos
Izzy will weigh 300 pounds
Steven will be the normal one since he was the most fucked up one during their prime so he will come full circle
Duff will use only non verbal communication since he doesn't have much of a memory and relies on Matt fill him in on what happened during their prime.

They will play everything off of AFD, UYI 1 and 2, TSI, CD and VR, and few Slash guitar solos off of Snakepit.

Buckethead will open for them? hihi

The show will kick major ass.

Don't worry about the price of the tickets either because we will all be able to have AARP/Senior Citizen discounted tickets ok

Don't say never because you just never know how or what will happen in a lifetime.

Who's with me? Tongue

« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 02:28:49 PM by dolphin » Logged
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2005, 02:27:48 PM »

Belive me I know Steven will never be normal  hihi

smoking Izzy  smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
RichardNixon
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2005, 02:55:23 PM »

Gunners,
I'm just having a laugh with this one but this quote from Slash in a recent VR article suprised me:

He claims that while Velvet Revolver were auditioning singers, the final link in the original GN'R story, guitarist and star songwriter Izzy Stradlin, dropped in on a rehearsal.

"In the process we wrote probably about eight or 12 original songs which would have been the best Guns N'Roses album, had Axl sung it," Slash enthuses. "It was really cool stuff. It wasn't right for Velvet Revolver but with that combination of Duff and Izzy and myself, it was a f---in' bunch of really, really great Guns N' Roses music which unfortunately will probably never see the light of day."

I think this says a lot about Slashs acknowledgement of Axls forever holding position as the spiritual leader of the devastating threesome of Slash, Izzy and Duff.

I wonder what accommodation would have to be come to to get Axl to sing on those tunes? Even if Axl worked alone without ever seeing the other guys and they put it out under a different band name it would be the worst kept secret in music history and the album would sell by the truckload. In fact, has anything as weird as that ever been done successfully by any other musicians?

Sure all parties have moved on but HOT DAMN these kind of quotes make my legs twitch. I cannot help thinking what the old GnR with 52 more years of life lived between them would sound like now. I know this is dead horse stuff but damnnnn………
Peace,
Intercourse

I wouldn't read to much into this. It's a "what might have been" kinda thing. I think Slash is happy with VR and I think Axl's pride will never allow him to get the original GN'R back together. If he did reform the old-school GN'R, he would acknowledge those who say GN'R is not GN'R without Slash, Duff, and Izzy, and his version of GN'R 2001-would forever be considered fraudulent.

Now, several years from now, when CD has come and gone, that's another story...

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2005, 04:13:05 PM »

this is one of the funniest axl quotes - i piss myself laughing every time i read it
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2005, 05:29:30 PM »

Gunners,

Sure all parties have moved on but HOT DAMN these kind of quotes make my legs twitch. I cannot help thinking what the old GnR with 52 more years of life lived between them would sound like now. I know this is dead horse stuff but damnnnn???
Peace,
Intercourse

Thanks for posting that and I agree 100%. Any talk that even cracks the door a tad on even a remote possibility that GnR in it's orignal incarnation could possibly/maybe record new music together again is ... I can't think of a word that properly describes it, scary/awesome/fucking great/outstanding...

The GnR story is such a tragedy.

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2005, 05:32:22 PM »

With all the time Axl spends being silent, you would think his chances of saying something so profoundy stupid would be decreased....
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2005, 05:44:16 PM »

You can say a lot of things about Slash, but the man knows his rock music history- and he must constantly lament that just when Guns was seemingly on the verge of cementing themselves with the likes of Zeppelin and the Stones with just one more great album- the whole thing disintegrated. For that reason alone- I think he will always leave the door slightly ajar for a reunion- no matter how bad things get. Axl on the other hand... I don't think the man is driven by that same motivation. He's looking to express his art- and at the moment- Slash is the wrong guitar player to do so (in his eyes). Period. Undecided

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2005, 05:46:53 PM »

With all the time Axl spends being silent, you would think his chances of saying something so profoundy stupid would be decreased....

Haha that video clips at mygnr.com if anyone wants to see it. Axl says it during the middle of Patience or some other ballad.
CamelWides
What if Chinese Democracy is only released in China?
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2005, 06:40:46 PM »

I like VR myself. I even like the songs that many people think are sub-par, like Big Machine. But I would rather have a real GnR album all the same. Maybe VR will take a break before recording their album after the next one. During that time CD will either be a phenomenon or 'just' do as well as Contraband.
Then maybe Axl's current muscians will need to take a break, and during that time Axl and VR minus Scott will get together, create the album, then things will blow up and Axl will try to get a court order to prevent the next real GnR album from coming out.
But then someone will release this next real GnR album on the file sharing networks, and we'll get what we want, minus the touring part, whether anyone likes it or not.
Then VR will release a third album and Axl will get to work on the sequel to CD. I could live with that.
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2005, 06:46:57 PM »

Slash just likes to blame everything on Axl.  If Slash slipped and fell on stage with VR, he'd make it out to be Axl's fault somehow. 

I don't think Slash would do anything with Axl even if Axl wanted to.  I can't think of any other way to describe Slash than that he is a tease.  Like, on BTM he implies that something could possibly happen with GN'R someday. 
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2005, 06:52:46 PM »

Slash just likes to blame everything on Axl.? If Slash slipped and fell on stage with VR, he'd make it out to be Axl's fault somehow.?

I don't think Slash would do anything with Axl even if Axl wanted to.? I can't think of any other way to describe Slash than that he is a tease.? Like, on BTM he implies that something could possibly happen with GN'R someday.?

he wants to be the good guy. In a way he is saying '' well, we could kick ass all over again, but we can't because of axl"..

I bet those "great songs" that izzy wrote for VR don't even exist... and if they do I bet they're not that good to begin with, I don't buy that whole "they were not good for VR".

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2005, 06:56:38 PM »

Slash just likes to blame everything on Axl.? If Slash slipped and fell on stage with VR, he'd make it out to be Axl's fault somehow.?

I don't think Slash would do anything with Axl even if Axl wanted to.? I can't think of any other way to describe Slash than that he is a tease.? Like, on BTM he implies that something could possibly happen with GN'R someday.?

he wants to be the good guy. In a way he is saying '' well, we could kick ass all over again, but we can't because of axl"..

I bet those "great songs" that izzy wrote for VR don't even exist... and if they do I bet they're not that good to begin with, I don't buy that whole "they were not good for VR".

Maybe Slash didn't want that connection to GN'R.  Or Izzy didn't want his songs on there.

Well, Slash isn't coming off as the good guy.  He just makes himself sound like an ass.  And he confuses the fans.  Because they're left wondering "would Slash do a reunion or not?".
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2005, 07:10:19 PM »

It's a pretty understandable thing for slash to say. I wouldn't want to make any claims of knowledge as to his personal feelings towards axl but i think slash has a great deal of respect for axl's talents. The same can be said for axl towards slash tho, he's never doubted the man's ability, maybe his direction tho....

Although i know this isn't serious, any ideas of a reunion in this decade are pretty silly.

the only reason why Axl n' Slash were friends it's just cuz Slash knew that Axl was a' amazing singer from the start, slash knew he couldn't find a special singer around the planet like Axl Rose so he had to take the guy to make GNR Band but it's easy to see that Axl n' Slash weren't good friends deep own inside always...drugs, parties, MONEY n' whores were the only ways to hold those guys together for awhile but anyway GNR was destroyed in the end  Undecided
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

the only reason why Axl n' Slash were friends it's just cuz Slash knew that Axl was a' amazing singer from the start, slash knew he couldn't find a special singer around the planet like Axl Rose so he had to take the guy to make GNR Band but it's easy to see that Axl n' Slash weren't good friends deep own inside always...drugs, parties, MONEY n' whores were the only ways to hold those guys together for awhile but anyway GNR was destroyed in the end? Undecided

They have to miss each other.  Maybe it's one of those things where they need to get together and smack each other with guitars in order to work things out.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2005, 07:27:56 PM »

the only reason why Axl n' Slash were friends it's just cuz Slash knew that Axl was a' amazing singer from the start, slash knew he couldn't find a special singer around the planet like Axl Rose so he had to take the guy to make GNR Band but it's easy to see that Axl n' Slash weren't good friends deep own inside always...drugs, parties, MONEY n' whores were the only ways to hold those guys together for awhile but anyway GNR was destroyed in the end? Undecided

They have to miss each other.? Maybe it's one of those things where they need to get together and smack each other with guitars in order to work things out.

dream on!  Roll Eyes

...those guys hate each other right now when the new album n' a lot of shows have been canceled because of Slash, because of ex gnr members!!!! all what they have they're old memories which make'em all see they reached fame out once, that's it!  Sad
...n' please believe me, Slash never loved Axl like his true friend...slash could love Steven or Duff more than he loved Axl always!  yes
CamelWides
What if Chinese Democracy is only released in China?
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2005, 08:09:29 PM »

Unfortunately, I have the gut feeling your right on the money RoseVen.  crying

I just wish Izzy had a deeper part in the new GnR album at least. And hell, get Adler back, at least for the recording.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: