Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:26:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy records song with Paul Westerberg
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy records song with Paul Westerberg  (Read 8033 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: February 24, 2005, 08:05:04 PM »

While appearing on Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones' Los Angeles radio show earlier this week, Westerberg revealed he recently recorded a song with Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, which is expected to appear in Cameron Crowe's forthcoming film "Elizabethtown."

Full news article: http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000817154

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 08:21:08 PM »

Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson !!!!!!!!!!  Angry

Like peeing clouds!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 08:58:31 PM »

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson !!!!!!!!!!? Angry

When will they get it right!!!

EEEERRRR Little boy
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 09:01:33 PM »

Cool news beer

Cant wait to hear the song...

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 09:34:56 PM »

so much for the "Axl won't let Tommy go over to Paul's and play..! *whaaah*  hihi
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 03:30:40 AM »

I think there weill be a Pats reunion show before we hear anything from GnR...

Shit.. Tommy has had time to record a solo album, tour the states and europe...  and record with his old band.....

What the fuck is axls problem... If he lets Tommy go thats a huge mistake...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 03:32:58 AM »

well the fact that they both were in the replacements makes the fact that they reunited a big deal, if they said gnr, then it wouldn't be made out as a big  of a deal to the average fan

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 08:07:50 AM »

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson !!!!!!!!!!? Angry

When will they get it right!!!

When Axl will release the record and Tommy will be in the GNR members written in the booklet.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 08:32:20 AM »

I think there weill be a Pats reunion show before we hear anything from GnR...

I doubt it very much. Paul's interest in a reunion seems to have died down in the last couple of years. On Steve Jones' show the other day, he said it wouldn't be fair to do it without original drummer Chris Mars. Mars dedicates his entire career to visual art now, he's not interested in making music anymore.
Also, I have a feeling Tommy is pretty happy with where he is musically today. Going back and doing a reunion tour to play the "good ol' songs" would be kinda sad I think.  Paul played in LA 2 nights in a row at the beginning of the week. Tommy could have joined him if he had wanted. But he didn't.
So I don't think a Mats reunion will happen anytime soon. Which is probably for the better. Reunions are lame.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
madagas
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 08:44:22 AM »

Kinda sad like going on tour with a new band and playing almost all of AFD? hihi hihi
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 09:34:15 AM »

Kinda sad like going on tour with a new band and playing almost all of AFD? hihi hihi

Haha. I knew you would take the piss. So predictable.

Well, that was last time and hopefully the next will be different.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 09:43:27 AM by Pandora » Logged

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 09:37:33 AM »

Haha. I knew you would take a piss. So predictable.

Well, that was last time and hopefully the next will be different.

Axl said in early 2002 that was the start of something new. And they played the same setlist... But I hope the 'next time' you mentioned is near and in that case they'll surely play new songs.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 09:45:26 AM »

weren't several interview of both tommy and mark saying that they will never work together again ? ... i'm lost with all that.
there is one thing for sure, the new guns n roses is NOT band in the classical definition.
it's really freelance workers working for a "genius". they can say they like it. this is not their band, and maybe they know it.

madagas
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 09:46:41 AM »

Pandora, it was too easy. Paul and Tommy seem very amicable lately. I actually think Paul would do it if Tommy would. They take swipes at each other but I believe alot of times it is just tongue in cheek. ?Wink ps Chris Mars is the Steven Adler of the Mats...not exactly an important part of the group. Anyone could play his fills.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 10:10:40 AM »

While appearing on Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones' Los Angeles radio show earlier this week, Westerberg revealed he recently recorded a song with Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, which is expected to appear in Cameron Crowe's forthcoming film "Elizabethtown."

Full news article: http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000817154

/jarmo
I don't think it's a good news for GN'R. I see that as a message from tommy, something like "if nothing happened with GN'R, I would rejoin paul and reform the Replacement, I need to do something".
a few month ago Tommy said he would never work with Paul again, that it's over, that he is 100% behing Axl and blablabla, and now we learn he made a song with Paul a few weeks ago...come on...I think this is a clear message toward the GN'R situation.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 10:19:27 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 10:38:17 AM »

I don't think it's a good news for GN'R. I see that as a message from tommy, something like "if nothing happened with GN'R, I would rejoin paul and reform the Replacement, I need to do something".

Didn't you know he has a solo career?

If nothing happens with GN'R, I hope that he'll record another solo album.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 10:39:51 AM »

That's insane. I actually gasped when I read the headline on the main page here. Stunner. But then again, maybe not. When you get older you tend to forget all those things that piss you off. This won't affect GNR.

I've seen enough.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 10:46:56 AM »

Pandora, it was too easy. Paul and Tommy seem very amicable lately. I actually think Paul would do it if Tommy would. They take swipes at each other but I believe alot of times it is just tongue in cheek.  Wink ps Chris Mars is the Steven Adler of the Mats...not exactly an important part of the group. Anyone could play his fills.

Hey, I never said they were not on good terms, although that collaboration seems to have marked the first time they saw each other in person in 6 or 7 years. But Tommy seems to have moved on musically. And you can say what you want about Chris being unimportant in the equation. The fact is he's an original member and it wouldn't go down too well with the fans if he was replaced (pun non intended). Not to mention they don't have any lead guitarist. I don't think Bob is going to come back from the dead and Slim Dunlap is not interested. That leaves us with two members. Kinda half-assed if you ask me.  Undecided

a few month ago Tommy said he would never work with Paul again, that it's over, that he is 100% behing Axl and blablabla, and now we learn he made a song with Paul a few weeks ago...come on...I think this is a clear message toward the GN'R situation.

No, there's no clear message, just the product of one of your paranoid deliriums.
Tommy never said he wouldn't work with Paul. He said he wouldn't take part in a Mats reunion. Working on a song for a movie score does not exactly equal impending reunion.
After all, Izzy worked with Slash & Duff in the infancy of VR. Did he join the band? No. He also recorded a few songs with Steven. Did they form a band together? No.
OK, I admit Izzy is probably not the best example out there, but I'm too lazy to think of another one. If anyone has a better example, feel free to post it here.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 10:54:45 AM »

No, there's no clear message, just the product of one of your paranoid deliriums.

calm down...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 08:52:09 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 11:00:32 AM »

She's got her attitude and shiny shoes! I think Tommy also worked with Paul some on Stereo/Mono in the "Granpaboy" band. Actualy, I am pretty sure he did. You hear him distinctly on track 3 and 7 doing background vocals. Great album. I'll bet Slim would be interested if the money was right! peace
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 11:03:24 AM by madagas » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: