Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:21:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you miss the "Classic-Rock" vibe in GN'R?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you miss the "Classic-Rock" vibe in GN'R?  (Read 5977 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: February 23, 2005, 11:34:06 AM »

This is definitely what I miss the most in the "new" band compared to the real one that ruled the world in the late 80's/ early 90's. I miss this blues-Rock roots and sound, I miss this conception of music, this global "classic-rock" approach, I miss this vibe a lot, what about you?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 09:01:46 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 11:37:23 AM »

Ah well.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 11:41:20 AM »

No.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
GNR2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 11:43:34 AM »

AT THE MOMENT I THINK ME AND EVERYONE ELSE ERE JUST MISSES GNR ALTOGETHER AN WILL DO UNTIL THEY BRING THE MO'FOIN RECORD OUT! ?crying

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 11:54:45 AM »

I miss the AFD vibe, and Slash/Izzys guitar riffs had alot more potential than they were able to show. It was one rock out album. The illusions were experimental and more produced. Slash has said the sound is awesome when the production and sound effects arent glossed over the illusions, which im curious to hear. Axl should re-release raw versions of the illusions. It is a way to make a quick buck...just ask VR, and most fans will probably like the songs. For some reason i dont think Axl plans on doing it. I heard that AFD was re-mastered, and supposedly sounds worse, but why not the illusions?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 11:58:18 AM »

Nay.

You have old records n boots.
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 12:33:36 PM »

I agree
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 01:15:26 PM »

AT THE MOMENT I THINK ME AND EVERYONE ELSE ERE JUST MISSES GNR ALTOGETHER AN WILL DO UNTIL THEY BRING THE MO'FOIN RECORD OUT! ?crying

I know where your coming from, I think we all do.  I do miss the blues based rock and roll, that music never changes, its timeless, fuck those who thinks it not. This whole thing about saying that shit is dated, is the reason rock today stinks so fucking bad, because all the talent and soul has been drained and no talent ass clowns can make records all day with no substance, and they call it god awful modern rock.  That "modern rock" mentality is a sorry excuse to play three cords and use the soul-less computer effects to invent there pathetic lifeless sound.  Having said that, The new gnr, I think, are more talented than we give them credit for, and will deliver something great.....but yeah I just want to hear it, I have moved on from the old band as far as crying over the spilled milk, but I still listen to the old band, yet not in denial, but for the fucking brilliance and greatness that was and hopefully is Gnr.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 01:18:39 PM »

i kind o miss it yeh. but still, their new musik still's gr8.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 01:24:34 PM »

what type of musicstyle does richard seems most confident in in the new boots? Roll Eyes and tommy?
i really like the new stuff in the mix, so i don't miss that they only consist of the classic rock stuff? beer
if it was that they did  Smiley

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 02:41:09 PM »

I do miss that vibe.  Gilby hit it on the head when he said GNR was always like a harder version of the Stones.  I like the pure GNR rock sound.  I love Nice Boys and Reckless Life.  I love Hair of the Dog.  I hope Axl still includes that type of sound if he ever releases CD.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

I know where your coming from, I think we all do.  I do miss the blues based rock and roll, that music never changes, its timeless, fuck those who thinks it not. This whole thing about saying that shit is dated, is the reason rock today stinks so fucking bad, because all the talent and soul has been drained and no talent ass clowns can make records all day with no substance, and they call it god awful modern rock.  That "modern rock" mentality is a sorry excuse to play three cords and use the soul-less computer effects to invent there pathetic lifeless sound.  Having said that, The new gnr, I think, are more talented than we give them credit for, and will deliver something great.....but yeah I just want to hear it, I have moved on from the old band as far as crying over the spilled milk, but I still listen to the old band, yet not in denial, but for the fucking brilliance and greatness that was and hopefully is Gnr.
fucking brillant post ok that's exactly what I think too. "Classic-Rock" is timeless. It's more than just music, it's a way of life, It's Rock n' Roll. It changed the world!

Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 04:05:28 PM »

It's what I like best about the original band, but I realize that Axl is not one to compromise for other people's sake. The problem is that I don't even know what the hell this new line-up is going to for sure sound like. We don't have enough material to determine that, but with the material that we do have, there is still that Use Your Illusion type of vibe to it and I trust that Axl has not and will not perform or produce music that is not what he is about. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 07:07:18 PM »

Just Like a Rolling Stone - what an awesome sound......

and yes, GNR were pretty good at this "classic rock sound".  the cover of dead flowers killed. i hope axl didnt get "modern" all the way.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 07:16:24 PM »

I love "dead flower", especially the Gliby/Axl studio version.  the Live version (Argentina'93) is great too.

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 08:00:43 PM »

Yeah, I do miss the old rock n roll vibe... after seeing VR a few times, and GnR once back in 2002, there really does feel as though something is missing from the current GnR line up... but what can you do... the band has moved on and the fans have to choose whether or not they are able too as well. 
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2005, 08:06:31 PM »

Times are changing and with that the music is changing if we just had AFD all over again and again you'd get pretty sick of it

EEEERRRR Little boy
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 08:57:49 PM »

The last thing I want to see happen is for GNR to become a band like AC/DC or Def Leppard, and shamelessly cling to the same sound over and over (or in Leppard's case, diluting it into pitiful easy listening gruel). We've got AFD, and there's no way that Axl and the new guys can exceed the excellence of the style on that disc - So why try to replicate it?

Thankfully even Axl realizes this, and he's moved on.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2005, 09:20:16 PM »

To answer the thread title - yeah, kinda.  Hearing "Silkworms" and realizing this is being passed off as Guns N' Roses isnt a great feeling.  Undecided  Hopefully, Im surprised and the songs on the album sound more like "GNR" than Im expecting.
reynics22
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2005, 10:09:46 PM »

The last thing I want to see happen is for GNR to become a band like AC/DC or Def Leppard, and shamelessly cling to the same sound over and over (or in Leppard's case, diluting it into pitiful easy listening gruel). We've got AFD, and there's no way that Axl and the new guys can exceed the excellence of the style on that disc - So why try to replicate it?

Thankfully even Axl realizes this, and he's moved on.

ditto.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: