Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  big daddy soundtrack
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: big daddy soundtrack  (Read 5358 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 04:12:29 PM »

I haven't heard that in ages. God, Axl's voice in the live part of that song is shredded. He sounds great on the 'nu-GnR' half of the song though.

Axl's voice in the whole song is the same, it was fully a new recording.

Read the article from mtv.com, it says that the first part of the song is a live recording of the old band in Paris, and halfway through it switches to a studio recording from the new band.  Axl sounded great at the end of that new recording, if he sounds like that on the new album then we're in great shape

I meant the vocals are all new.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 10:13:39 PM »

The thing about that Robin solo that drives me up a wall is the way he bends notes just to bend notes, rather than to bend them with the goal of acheiving a different pitch.  Drives me crazy when people do that.

Exactly.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2005, 06:04:01 AM »

I haven't heard that in ages. God, Axl's voice in the live part of that song is shredded. He sounds great on the 'nu-GnR' half of the song though.

Axl's voice in the whole song is the same, it was fully a new recording.

Read the article from mtv.com, it says that the first part of the song is a live recording of the old band in Paris, and halfway through it switches to a studio recording from the new band.? Axl sounded great at the end of that new recording, if he sounds like that on the new album then we're in great shape

I meant the vocals are all new.

Indeed the entire vocals seem to be new. Axl is getting hard to sound like he used to be but still this voice rocks! If he sounds like that in Chinese Democracy, hell yeah!
But this recording is a little old (98), now it's 2005. In the 2001-02 shows Axl didn't sing that way. Maybe it's bad for him to sing like that and he saves the electric,raw stuff of his voice only for the studio album.
I don't know, maybe some people can enlighten me about the vocals stuff?
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2005, 06:51:44 AM »

I just listened to that track again after first waiting to hear this so called ` new gnr `at the end credits of big daddy.................and its still as bad as when i heard it then.

I remember looking around at the nearly empty cinema, a handfull of people left in the seats, on comes the song, we sit and listen, i have to adjust my ears because i cant believe how bad the second half of the song is, and it seemed as though i wasnt the only one, a few people just shaking their heads in disbeleif as was too my girlfriend who isnt that big of a gnr fan but she like most of their stuff.

Listening to the song again, the guitar feels so out of place and out of synch its a crime!
Even axls voice sounds way too cheesy on the first `where do we go nows`.........

.........And that really is a shame.

-------and time goes by-------
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005, 08:04:45 AM »

So you liked the bass, drums and organ?  hihi

I think that's Josh Freese on drums by the way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2005, 08:59:26 AM »

Well, i didnt see fit to put my ears through anymore torture to go into a major indepth analysis after 2 main focus points kinda killed the song,

The drums didnt seem to bad actually, a little plain jane sounding, but acceptable.

But u have to admit, they absolutely ruined the song in the ` new ` 2nd half.

-------and time goes by-------
estranged.1098
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2005, 09:13:49 AM »

I share a completely different opinion.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2005, 02:48:27 PM »

i think Robin Finck did the SCOM solo brilliant. he twisted but it sounds so cool and so fresh. cuss me if u want. i dont care.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Dust N Rose
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2005, 05:50:20 PM »

Sometimes I love it more than the original. I like the organ addition and Axl's voice is really cool anyway. I guess the re-recorded Appetite for Destruction will sound that way.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2005, 07:36:57 PM »

I always thought Axl redoing this song on the credits of a mediocre film as one of the dumbest career moves he ever made. Especially since the world hadn't heard from him in years. In fact maybe doing it was a curse. because since that we've had Oh my God, the ill advised 2002 tour, and nothing. The only good thing that came out of that tour is the fact that he played a few new songs. So if CD is never released, thank the Curse of Big Daddy!! LOL

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2005, 08:29:33 PM »

So you liked the bass, drums and organ?

Yeah. I think the rhythm section is tight, the organ is nice touch that would have sounded great in the original. The vocals in the second half are good too. The guitar playing sounds rushed. It's not much better than what you might hear coming from any bar band trying to cover SCOM. I just think Robin is capable of much better playing. I sure has hell wouldn't have kept that take of the guitar solo.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: