Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:32:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  big daddy soundtrack
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: big daddy soundtrack  (Read 5363 times)
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: February 23, 2005, 08:18:07 AM »

can anyone tell me the answer to this:

at the end of the adam sandler movie big daddy, as the credits role, there is a version of sweet child. it sounds live, and features someone shouting figaro figaro figaro. anyone heard this and know where its from??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 08:32:52 AM »

That's the first recording of the new band that we got to hear.

Actually, it starts with the old band but then morphs into the new band at that time playing SCOM.

A news story about it: New Guns N' Roses Makes Mystery Debut; Live Album Sessions Underway

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 08:34:48 AM »

http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/audio/GNR_SweetChild_BigDaddy-newgnrdotcom.mp3

Don't know if I can post this (in other case sorry  peace)
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 02:34:44 PM »

I wonder how axl got the okay to rerecord part of sweet child and release it but not get the okay to release a rerecorded jungle?

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 02:48:56 PM »

i know its an old subject but can some1 quickly tell me what songs axl redid vocal wise and band wise on live era?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 08:08:11 PM »

I know he def did Estranged but somebody will help you out with the rest

EEEERRRR Little boy
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 09:23:50 PM »

I know he def did Estranged but somebody will help you out with the rest

Dizzy was good with that from what I remember; unfortunately hes no longer with us.  Cry

I wonder how axl got the okay to rerecord part of sweet child and release it but not get the okay to release a rerecorded jungle?

I think the fact that it was only half-new, not featured on a soundtrack, uncredited, and placed deep in the credits allowed him to get away with it.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 10:33:09 PM »

I really like this here new/old SCOM and all.
Someone should have told Axl that according to Holy Bible it is a massive fucking SIN to have something to do with a movie that stars Adam Sandler though.
I pray for his mortal soul.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 10:58:17 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 10:51:27 PM »

I havent listened to this file in a long time so I gave it another spin tonight .. erm ahhhh ...  nervous

I'd like to hear the new band and todays axl give us their interpretation of Appetite ... I think some songs would undergo massive changes. I dont even know what to think about this one .. robin really changes slashes solo alot .. but if I didnt hear slash play it originally how would I feel about it? hmmmmm

thats the only problem with this new band recording the AFD material .. it wouldnt be able to stand on it's own as it would face constant comparisons to the original. would be interesting though.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

Dizzy was good with that from what I remember; unfortunately hes no longer with us
i miss him and MrId

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 08:15:18 AM »

I haven't heard that in ages. God, Axl's voice in the live part of that song is shredded. He sounds great on the 'nu-GnR' half of the song though. As for Robin's solo....dear god what a pile of crap that was. Talk about shitting all over one of the greatest guitar solos ever.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 08:42:18 AM »

I haven't heard that in ages. God, Axl's voice in the live part of that song is shredded. He sounds great on the 'nu-GnR' half of the song though. As for Robin's solo....dear god what a pile of crap that was. Talk about shitting all over one of the greatest guitar solos ever.

Maybe you and I have different ideas about how things like this should be done. I usually prefer it when a band does a re-recording or a cover, if it's actually different instead of a note for note copy of the original. Robin played the solo in his style. I don't think he tried copying Slash at all. Sure, it was influenced by the original solo....

Why do you think they added an organ to the song if they just wanted to record a version that was close to the original one?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 08:43:46 AM »

cheers jarmo, it had the hell confused out of me
estranged.1098
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 10:18:10 AM »

I haven't heard that in ages. God, Axl's voice in the live part of that song is shredded. He sounds great on the 'nu-GnR' half of the song though.

Axl's voice in the whole song is the same, it was fully a new recording.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 11:35:01 AM »

I usually prefer it when a band does a re-recording or a cover, if it's actually different instead of a note for note copy of the original

Like Avril Lavigne with KOHD  nervous Grin
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2005, 03:30:04 PM »

I haven't heard that in ages. God, Axl's voice in the live part of that song is shredded. He sounds great on the 'nu-GnR' half of the song though.

Axl's voice in the whole song is the same, it was fully a new recording.

Read the article from mtv.com, it says that the first part of the song is a live recording of the old band in Paris, and halfway through it switches to a studio recording from the new band.  Axl sounded great at the end of that new recording, if he sounds like that on the new album then we're in great shape
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2005, 04:33:51 PM »

mmh  that`s a matter of taste   i really like both solos the robin one and the slash one, ya know, both have pro`s and con?s...

and they use the organ in the live versions, too. right?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2005, 08:48:23 PM »

Maybe you and I have different ideas about how things like this should be done. I usually prefer it when a band does a re-recording or a cover, if it's actually different instead of a note for note copy of the original. Robin played the solo in his style. I don't think he tried copying Slash at all. Sure, it was influenced by the original solo....

Why do you think they added an organ to the song if they just wanted to record a version that was close to the original one?

/jarmo

I think the organ is great. And I'd have not problem with Robin doing his own thing, but he's playing what is pretty much Slash's solo and not doing it very well. It doesn't take a musician with perfect pitch to hear that he's bending a lot of notes badly out of tune and the phrasing is ahead of the beat which just makes it sound like someone not doing a good job of copping Slash's lead in SCOM.

I love Robin's playing most of the time. I think he's a great player but that solo just shocked me. He's capable of much better, unless he was doing a piss take and I missed the joke. Or maybe everyone is so hard up for new GnR that they are willing to accept that as good guitar playing. If Chinese Democracy ever sees the light of day and thats the kind of playing thats on it then I will be severly let down.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

Robins solo is a tad rusty but Axl's still got it!!!

EEEERRRR Little boy
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 08:17:11 AM »

The thing about that Robin solo that drives me up a wall is the way he bends notes just to bend notes, rather than to bend them with the goal of acheiving a different pitch.  Drives me crazy when people do that.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: