Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:41:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Frameshift-An Absence of Empathy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frameshift-An Absence of Empathy  (Read 6056 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: February 23, 2005, 05:09:20 AM »

Featuring Sebastian Bach on vocals. I think this is going to be an interesting record, but I don't know if SB is going to do ok for progressive music. At least he isn't clinging to the past like Vince Neil or other former rock stars...
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 12:22:53 PM »

http://www.frameshift2.com/

You can watch videos of the guys in the studio, playing some samples. Some sound really good, and it looks like Bach can still hit those high notes. To me, he sounds as good as ever. But they do act like two douchebags in those videos.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:25:36 PM »

Bach is still a douchebag? Good to hear he hasn't changed!  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 05:37:46 AM »

Just got this album his voice really suits it and his voice sounds as good as ever, this is so much better than his solo albums it's definately worth checking out.  A lot of the tracks still manage to have a surprisingly catchy feel to them, i recommend the track Blade, over 9 minutes, female vocals as well, bag pipes intro, amazing guitar work....awesome stuff ok
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 06:13:15 AM »

Is he on all/most songs or is he just featuring on a couple of tracks?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 07:51:47 AM »

Is he on all/most songs or is he just featuring on a couple of tracks?
He is on all songs as the main vocalist it's like having him as a band frontman put simply and it is really good stuff...trust me.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 02:23:50 PM »

Downloading Blade now, will let you know what i think.
I can normally rely on the Stoned one to throw up some tasty tid bits, hows the non smoking going? I'm Stoned!  smoking
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 04:04:39 PM »

Downloading Blade now, will let you know what i think.
I can normally rely on the Stoned one to throw up some tasty tid bits, hows the non smoking going? I'm Stoned!? smoking
It's total and utter hell...everytime i get money i buy DVDs straight away so i have no money to spend on weed, i'll probably give in eventually but i haven't touched it since June 10th so even if i go back to it tomorrow it's the longest i've gone without since...errr..(i'll get back to you on that one).  Speaking of Tasty Tid Bits listen to The Glitterati...very good stuff similar to Hurricane Party which if i remember correctly you liked.  Just to stay on topic and not get bollocked for not mentioning the actual topic i would liken some tracks to what Nightwish would sound like with Bach on vocals, even though i am not really a Nightwish fan it's still good don't be put off by that comment...jeez i still burble bollocks when im not stoned.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 04:55:29 PM »

Ive heard The Glitterati and the one song ive heard, i enjoyed. Very Rock and Roll, which is of course par for the course, if it doesnt rock, it should die.

Purchased a 1/2 Oz at the beginning of the month, its just running out, i hate being dry!

Ok, Blade finished downloading, i like it.
Sounds a lot like something Hammerfall would pull off, album, after album, after album.

Nightwish suck, but there lead singer could also suck if she was stupid enough! Wink

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 05:34:31 PM »

Ive heard The Glitterati and the one song ive heard, i enjoyed. Very Rock and Roll, which is of course par for the course, if it doesnt rock, it should die.
They're a class band to catch live, they play the small venues and tickets are cheap

Purchased a 1/2 Oz at the beginning of the month, its just running out, i hate being dry!
That sucks i try and buy more before i run out otherwise i don't enjoy the last few joints as much (having an unreliable dealer back home i often don't know when he can be arsed coming round to mine to drop some off), miles better at uni never run dry there.

Sounds a lot like something Hammerfall would pull off, album, after album, after album.
Never heard of them...worth listening to then?

Nightwish suck, but there lead singer could also suck if she was stupid enough! Wink
Yeah saw them at Download wasn't impressed but damn she's hot, that's why i said though don't be put off by the similarity it's a mild one i guess, only one that came to mind....Weezer suck to...but i am downloading that song now...may as well listen to it...may be awhile before i score.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 06:04:44 AM »

Never heard of them...worth listening to then?

There a battle metal metal band, i suppose you could say in a way they are the pioneers of the genre, well them and Manowar...its alright stuff, not as good as Manowar but ok all the same.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 04:47:47 PM »

Vocalist SEBASTIAN BACH, who recorded the FRAMESHIFT album An Absence Of Empathy with Henning Pauly earlier this year, has updated us with the following: "I am happy to say that on the whole I am very pleased with the Frameshift 2 - An Absence Of Empathy CD mixes. I am especially proud of the song 'Blade'. Henning did a great job on the final mix of this song. I would have to say that, at the moment, 'Blade' is my favorite song I have ever recorded in my 20 year career. It went over great with the crowd when we did it live in Italy and NJ this summer, and we will definitely keep the song in the set for the four shows in November! I also think that the CD mixes of 'Miseducation' and 'What Kind Of Animal' are incredible. I would not change a thing about these final mixes. Unfortunately, I cannot say I am 100% happy with every final mix on the CD. I, of course, did not hear the CD before it was put in the stores, and if Henning would have honoured his word we would have ended up with a CD that we were both completely proud of. Who knows, maybe someday we can get together again and make this happen. I am certainly not holding my breath for that."
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 11:35:34 PM »

i just downloaded it... its not bad.. but did anyone else think a lot of the songs had a wierd sound to them.. it wasn't really metal.. it was something in between metal and show tunes... one or two songs reminded me of skid row though..so it was worth it
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 01:11:58 AM »

Featuring Sebastian Bach on vocals. I think this is going to be an interesting record, but I don't know if SB is going to do ok for progressive music. At least he isn't clinging to the past like Vince Neil or other former rock stars...
You just couldn't resist the opportunity to rip on Vince could ya? What an a**hole!! 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 01:39:55 PM »

i am a huge bach fan and i just heard about this!!

damn i'm out of the loop.

well based on these posts this record is killer huh? i'm gonna check it out.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 08:55:41 AM »

I added it to my latest cd binge....it better be good rant

Wink

Quick! To the bandwagon!
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 03:56:56 PM »

it definitely is good. kickass, per say.
i think it's really rad, concepts and songwise, it's neat, and different and i'm glad i own it.

people, check out ebay, it's cheap and available.

robots.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 12:40:37 PM »

i'm listening to it now, its fucking CRAZY!!!

ill get back to u guys later with a more detailed review  ok

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 02:52:23 PM »

This album is one of my favorites albums EVER! Baz sounds AMAZING on it, way better than when he was on Skid Row, Sebastian "GOD" Bach just doesn't get older, he get BETTER!!!  ok

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

this record is hands down the best i've heard all year.

I love all the songs, Bach is totally on fire and nails every song perfectly.
I think anyone who enjoyed Skid Row with Bach will love this.

its something different but its great.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: