Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CKY talk about Philly incident
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CKY talk about Philly incident  (Read 6607 times)
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« on: February 21, 2005, 07:40:43 PM »

On Bam Margera's show on Sirius radio about ten minutes ago, CKY are there to play live in the studio.  They kept referring to one of their guys as Chad "Rose" (He spent too much time hanging out with Axl Rose!) (Axl was really cool though!) --It's hard to tell which band members were saying what but,-- And the conversation got around to the Philly incident.  They are from Philly, btw.  According to them they got a ten minute heads up that the show wasn't gonna happen.  They said Axl went to the Giants game instead of the show.  How true that is, I don't know.  But they were there.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 07:47:24 PM »

The Giants didn't play that night so he couldn't have been there.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 08:38:10 PM »

I think we will never know the truth on that story.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 08:49:10 PM »

unless Axl brings it up in one of he`s future rants, i can see that  rant     hihi  rofl

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 08:52:39 PM »

For the record it was Bam Margera who said he was watching the Giants game, not any of the band members.  I'm sure he just heard the same things everyone else has about Axl watching a Knick's game or whatever and just got confused.  None of the band members have ever really said anything bad about Axl.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 09:00:01 PM »

Basically CKY has said that Axl was very receptive to them and they got to hang out with him a few times.  The members have also said he was an asshole at times, but never really meant it in a derogatory name.  We all know Axl is an asshole (Hey nothing against it, it's his persona and it works extremely well for him) and it shouldn't be taken out of context.  The whole CKY crew from the videos and the band are all self-proclaimed assholes so it just fits right.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 09:57:55 PM »

Yes it was Bam who said it, but why didn't they dispute it?  I don't believe it myself, but it makes ya wonder.  The whole conversation was silly so maybe they just don't care.  I liked the story about their bus almost getting trashed it Vancouver. heehee

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 12:57:36 AM »

Ok, I was at the Philly show, and remember it all too well.  First of all it was a Friday so there was no Giants game that day.  There's no football on Fridays.  And second from what I remember one of the dudes in the band said Axl was backstage and ready to go or something like that.  So not only are they a bunch of liars, but who cares what they have to say anyway?  Are we gonna hear from Mix Master Mike next or what?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 07:41:22 AM »

"one of the dudes in the band said Axl was backstage and ready to go or something like that."

Well damn, I'd hate to see what he's like when he's not ready to go...LOL...it's all too funny now hihi
Isn't this a dead horse yet?
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 08:09:11 AM »

unless Axl brings it up in one of he`s future rants, i can see that? rant? ? ?hihi? rofl

yeah cause Axl Rose always speaks the truth  drool

homo homini lupus...
jingles
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 09:56:23 AM »

None of the band members have ever really said anything bad about Axl.
They posted something trashing GNR/Axl when the tour was ended.? CKY was pretty terrible, I wouldn't pay any attention to what CKY says about anything, ever. It was fun having them respond to our hand gestures and taunting in Detroit though.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 02:12:12 PM »

Well from the info we have collected the story seems to go something like this

The band were promised so much a show - but weren't selling all the tickets - Clear Channel was losing money and wished to switch the deal, this occurs around about the time of the MSQ show - Axl refuses to play in Philly in protest - CC sues him and he counter sues - hence no one is allowed to talk about anything and Dizzy and Tommy's endless referal to on going legal problems

Okay its just what i  think happened and to be fair all the evidence we have supports this...i think its the truth, everything fits and most of this has been confirmed albeit indirectly at times. Stories that ''Yoda'' told Axl not to go lack that......credibility, this version atleast gives Axl some kind od rationale.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 02:05:10 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 02:55:57 PM »

I don't say it's definitely the truth especially about why Axl didn't turn up that night, but that's otherwise very likely to be about the size of it, considering. Still heaven knows.
WalrusOct9
Headliner

one, two, three, fourteen

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 03:24:22 AM »

Some of the shows weren't selling well, but Philly was almost sold out, and MSG had sold out...they were set to hit the bigger markets towards the end of the tour (LA among them) where I'm sure they would've done pretty well.  Just seems odd, they knew what ticket sales were like before the tour started, they could've pulled the tour before the first show if they thought they were going to lose money on it. 
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 10:12:43 AM »

actually 12\6 was sold out in Philly...and they were giving coupons away for the Sunday show (see GNR for 10 bucks with your ticket stub from the first show)...I like Izzy's thoughts on the matter...great protest axl, real smart hihi
Anyone ready for round 4?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 02:24:47 PM »

Anyone ready for round 4?

I'm still waiting for round one. If it happened I musta blinked and missed it.

I never understood axl's "round one" comment anyways , I mean if the VMA's was some kinda "fight" then he given the bad reviews he obviously lost that round. Is it a slag towards old band members? If so they (VR) have won rounds 2 thru 12 by appearing on major awards shows and late night TV shows and wowing the crowd compared to axl's one appearance.

I dunno , the round one comment always struck me as .. erm , strange.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2005, 04:40:17 PM »

The performance was uneven vocally, but there was such incredible energy in that theater for this rare appearence of GnR. The band sounded great, axl sung Maddie very well, and the dueling solos at the end kicked it.  I think all in all it was a highlight, but not the  homerun that it could have been.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 07:26:30 PM »

The performance was uneven vocally, but there was such incredible energy in that theater for this rare appearence of GnR. The band sounded great, axl sung Maddie very well, and the dueling solos at the end kicked it.  I think all in all it was a highlight, but not the  homerun that it could have been.

still doesnt explain what round one meant.

My highlights of that show was A: How quickly bucket changed guitars from madagascar to PC .. like blink yer eye and you miss it. wow.  B : Nunchucks twirling at the front of the stage while confettii was flying.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2005, 07:29:33 PM »

the next round will be round 3...
vmas flat out rocked

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2005, 07:36:15 PM »

still doesnt explain what round one meant.

My highlights of that show was A: How quickly bucket changed guitars from madagascar to PC .. like blink yer eye and you miss it. wow.  B : Nunchucks twirling at the front of the stage while confettii was flying.

round one? I dunno, only Uncle Axl knows what the plan was. Certainly we are all in the dark as to what happened in Philly.

I wouldn't give VR too much credit for what they accomplished. It was a very good effort but they clearly don't have as much on the line as Axl does right now, not only his professional career but also his livelihood.  Clearly VR never found themelves on the succeed or die mission on which axl is currently booked.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 07:45:20 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: