Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Steven and Jizzy on the new gnr
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven and Jizzy on the new gnr  (Read 10760 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« on: February 21, 2005, 03:24:52 PM »

Steven Adler: "It's not GUNS N' ROSES!"

Jizzy Pearl: "You know what? I think, and there's no disrespect towards Axl at all, but I think that if there was a record and if there would've been a record it should've come out a while ago. I think that so many years have gone by that it's almost...it would have to be 'Sgt. Pepper', literally, or 'Back in Black'! Or 'Appetite...'! It would have to be that good to be able to reignite anything and that's a phenomenon that doesn't really happen. It's a shame that things happened the way they did! I wish it had come out earlier because I think it might have done well."

read the rest here:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=33183

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 03:27:11 PM »

Sad ! nervous
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 03:37:49 PM »

Jizzy Pearl: "You know what? I think, and there's no disrespect towards Axl at all, but I think that if there was a record and if there would've been a record it should've come out a while ago. I think that so many years have gone by that it's almost...it would have to be 'Sgt. Pepper', literally, or 'Back in Black'! Or 'Appetite...'! It would have to be that good to be able to reignite anything and that's a phenomenon that doesn't really happen. It's a shame that things happened the way they did! I wish it had come out earlier because I think it might have done well."

read the rest here:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=33183

Axl wouldn't have needed to try hard to beat Sgt Pepper or Back in Black ok

Steven Adler once again moving forward with his new project - nothing like living in the past i guess.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 03:40:48 PM »

I understand what Jizzy is saying- but I beg to differ. Chinese Democracy in '99 or '00 probably would have been too buried by the likes of Limp Bizkit, NIN, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Metallica, etc. to make the major impact we all want it to. In 2005 however, the music scene has changed and people are desperate for a real rock star- which for all his faults- Axl most defintely is. I think CD's prospects are actually better now- especially after the extemely encouraging response to GH and the Behind the Music.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 03:44:48 PM »

CD will be 10 times better than anything Jizzy and Adler put out, period. ?Trust me, when CD does come out it will be huge. ?GNR will be back on top of the world with a memorable and timeless album under their belts.

Meanwhile, Adler will be reliving his appetite glory days and Jizzy will still be rehashing Ratt covers.

-F
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 03:50:32 PM by Funeral » Logged
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 03:46:57 PM »

Steven Adler once again moving forward with his new project - nothing like living in the past i guess.

You'll have to forgive him... he is slightly retarted you know. How can anyone take this guy seriously anymore?! lol!

And as for Jizzy... Ah fuck it.... I can't even mention the name without bursting into laughter. yeah i'm immature but come on! If somebody named me after semen.....

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 03:56:22 PM »

nice to hear from the real IZZY ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 03:59:21 PM »

HA! this is coming from the same guy who named his band after Appetite for Destruction and is going out and playing GnR songs on tour.  what a hypocrtie.
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 08:29:53 PM »

I understand what Jizzy is saying- but I beg to differ. Chinese Democracy in '99 or '00 probably would have been too buried by the likes of Limp Bizkit, NIN, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Metallica, etc. to make the major impact we all want it to. In 2005 however, the music scene has changed and people are desperate for a real rock star- which for all his faults- Axl most defintely is. I think CD's prospects are actually better now- especially after the extemely encouraging response to GH and the Behind the Music.

but you also have to take into account that with every passing year the hype builds and in my opinion there is a very small chance it can live up to that hype.  I believe it will be a good album but i also believe many people will be like "we waited over a decade for this''?

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 08:50:20 PM »

I don't think the album will come out.  I don't want it to.  Maybe people just like to believe in something.  It's like being infatuated with a famous person.  You know you'll never be with them, but you don't want your fantasy to be ruined.  I think Axl has taken things too far, and he's backed himself into a corner.  I can't imagine working on an album for this long and still being inspired by it.

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 09:06:38 PM »

Also, I sort of understand now what it feels like to be a part of something really great that you love, and you think you're going places with it.  And then suddenly you are thrown out of the circle of things, just out of the blue.  You never saw it coming.  You thought you were part of things, and they cared about you.  And then suddenly it's like "fuck you, you're not as important as this other person".  It's not a good feeling.  You start to hate the thing you once loved and the people you loved, and it'll never really be the same for you.
WAR?
Opening Act

And If I Want Too Many Things...

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 09:07:27 PM »

read the rest here:

Axl wouldn't have needed to try hard to beat Sgt Pepper or Back in Black ok

Dude, please think that through. Sgt Pepper is Sgt Pepper. Axl Rose is great. The Beatles are the Beatles.
jgfnsr
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 09:50:28 PM »

Well at least Jizzy's comments had some substance to them and are possible to respond to.

Having heard Steven speak in recent years it's probably better he says as little as possible.  Tongue
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 12:19:25 AM »

Having heard Steven speak in recent years it's probably better he says as little as possible.  Tongue

No shit.  I guess he could always make a living as a poster boy for DARE.

-F
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 12:21:40 AM by Funeral » Logged
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 01:19:31 AM »

Ok first off - the album is never coming out - get it through your thick fucking heads!!

Second and this will get me banned but quite frankly I dont give a shit.? You people do nothing but run down Adler and mock him because the guy has a speech problem.? The guy had a stroke and a couple of heart attacks and you fuckers mock the guy - what is wrong with you?Huh And what is so wrong with Steven saying "Its not GN'R", he is speaking the truth - what the fuck is left of GNR - Axl and a bunch of everchanging circus freaks and you call that a band.?

If you dont like Adler, that is fine but do you have to take apart every interview the guy gives.? Last time it was cause Adler said he didnt like VR albums - but he cleared that one up in this interview so now you are ripping him apart cause he makes one - just one comment about GNR!!?

You people call yoursellves fans and yet you talk about the members this way - you people are dirtbags.? 
? rant
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 10:23:33 PM by duffsgal » Logged

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 05:06:39 AM »

Ok first off - the album is never coming out - get it through your thick fucking heads!!

Second and this will get me banned but quite frankly I dont give a shit.? You people do nothing but run down Adler and mock him because the guy has a speech problem.? The guy had a stroke and a couple of heart attacks and you fuckers mock the guy - what is wrong with you?Huh And what is so wrong with Steven saying "Its not GN'R", he is speaking the truth - what the fuck is left of GNR - Axl and a bunch of everchanging circus freaks and you call that a band.?

If you dont like Adler, that is fine but do you have to take apart every interview the guy gives.? Last time it was cause Adler said he didnt like VR albums - but he cleared that one up in this interview so now you are ripping him apart cause he makes one - just one comment about GNR!!?

You people call yoursellves fans and yet you talk about the members this way - you people are dirtbags.?
?
? rant

Ok, first off, stop posting using this colour. Noone can read the shit you write...

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 05:11:28 AM »

Dude, please think that through. Sgt Pepper is Sgt Pepper. Axl Rose is great. The Beatles are the Beatles.

And they are bland third rate rubbish, cheesy as hell and those guitars! Inspired Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 05:15:08 AM »

And they are bland third rate rubbish, cheesy as hell and those guitars! Inspired Roll Eyes

This is just your opinion, like it or not The Beatles are one of the biggest bands that ever existed.

They might have released some shit but they have recorded some gems too...

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 05:19:52 AM »

?
? rant

I can read it fine.... Is there a "Rule that you cant post in Red now"? ... If so you should remove that option..

I agree with you.... Its sick to see "fans" make fun of Steven's condition... Shit the guy is just making music with his new band and he is more entitled to make any comment about Axl Rose or Guns n Roses than the people who make fun of him are...? He was the original drummer and played Drums on the 2 best GnR albums EVER...

Like his comments or not its wrong to make fun of the guys health problems......? If anything were to happen to Steven then an Original GnR reunion would be out of the question EVER..... It probably is never going to happen but you really shouldnt make fun of the mans health....
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 05:21:25 AM by leesixxrose » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 05:23:06 AM »

This is just your opinion, like it or not The Beatles are one of the biggest bands that ever existed.

They might have released some shit but they have recorded some gems too...

Well obviously its my opinion....

as for those 'gems'....i'll assume thats ur opinion too hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: