Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:15:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Jakob Dylan of the Wallflowers sounds off on Axl missing concerts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jakob Dylan of the Wallflowers sounds off on Axl missing concerts  (Read 12341 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2005, 11:50:32 PM »

I will always think Axl wants to perform and when he doesn't show up, he can't.  And when he can't, that hurts him more then it hurts me.   Always happy to see him.  And you know, if ever he tries and it doesn't come off so well, I'll be waiting for him to try again.  Cause when all is said and done, I'm waiting on Axl, he's worth it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2005, 12:42:42 AM »

what the fuck is wrong with u people?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl is an asshole which is partly why he is the most intriguing mysterious frontman in music history and also why he is one of the best

saying Axl is an asshole is like saying he has red hair

but who is jakob dylan to comment on anything?

what did showing up on time and playing do for his career?

he said axl was an asshole, fuck i thought that shit was common knowledge but this guy couldnt lace up Axl's Converse.

funny how axl disappeared and went away cause he wanted too.

funny how the fans just made Jakob go away.

pretty good for an asshole id say!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2005, 02:13:34 AM »

in the reel world

noshow nocall = ur fired@!
jgfnsr
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2005, 05:10:24 AM »

in the reel world

noshow nocall = ur fired@!

That's part of what makes the "rock n' roll lifestyle" so exciting.

The rules of the real world don't apply.

At least not to Mr. Rose.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2005, 05:48:47 AM »

Dont try and judge me mate! you dont know me! Well deduced though of course I am an Axl fan and a guns n roses fan thats why I come to this website. I told that dude to fuck off cos I am sick and fucking tired of seeing people bashing axl and guns n roses, it makes ya wander why they come here if they are not fans! If I hate some particular kind of music then I wouldnt be using a fans website for that band on a regular basis, dont really make sense to me!

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2005, 07:44:43 AM »

ban this asshole Jarmo he's a fag.? Go to the wallflowers forum you faggot go talk to the other two fans.

GNR for fucking ever.

Id say this post is more shit stirring than the topic post...plus, it's probably the dumbest piece of writing Ive seen in quite some time! that's quite an accomplishment dude, I congratulate you! yes Roll Eyes

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2005, 11:31:24 AM »

thank you
Dust N Rose
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2005, 12:30:17 PM »

In my opinion the whole thread is a mistake.
I mean, Breakdown you showed as an article that contains the point of view of a person about another person.
From the article you've concluded "Axl Rose is an asshole". what did you think it would happen?
Many people here like Axl and have a respect of him because of his contribution in the music world or they just like his music and his attitude, whatever, they like him for their own reason. But all of them consider Axl a friend you may say.
So, it's like you offend them. I mean you would be offended if someone insulted a friend of yours (whether the person that insulted him had right or wrong).
For me Axl is acting like a jerk sometimes, especially if his cancelling a show , but he has his reasons to do it, I guess everyone's mood isn't top every time, but you still got to do your work. You should be responsible.

My advice is the thread to be closed in order to avoid more fighting.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 12:32:09 PM by New Rose » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2005, 12:36:06 PM »

I like how all these rock guys call Axl an asshole but the fact is rock doesnt have that frontman anymore. I know grunge killed the whole excess thing but look where that has left us. The world needs more frontman who act as if they are bigger than life, over the top, dont give a shit about anything. Fur coats, the whole 9 yrds. Thats what makes it exciting. Wheres the bigness. its gone. As a result we have whiny lil bitches running around standing on stage doing nothing. And then when they get off stage they tell us how cool they are and how frontman like Axl are asshole. yea he could be an asshole but like D said...thats part of the whole appeal. The world needs some more assholes...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2005, 01:28:04 PM »

No matter who they are, Everybody has a right to express their own opinion.
If only it was their real opinion!

When he states his opinion based on mere hearsays or others views as a fact, he shouldn't be taken seriously.
It's the same with the biased title of this thread.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2005, 10:15:36 PM »

thank you

no problem man

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2005, 11:44:28 AM »

jacob dylan is a fucking tool.  who cares what he thinks.  he's a retard.  his band sucks.  he shouldnt talk about other bands. its dumb.
gunznroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2005, 12:39:14 PM »

i will just say this jacob dylan would be shit if it werent for his last name and who his dad is.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2005, 12:47:28 PM »

Personally, I'm glad I'm a huge fan of a true artist who won't go on stage and "fake it."

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2005, 01:22:23 PM »

I like how all these rock guys call Axl an asshole but the fact is rock doesnt have that frontman anymore. I know grunge killed the whole excess thing but look where that has left us. The world needs more frontman who act as if they are bigger than life, over the top, dont give a shit about anything. Fur coats, the whole 9 yrds. Thats what makes it exciting. Wheres the bigness. its gone. As a result we have whiny lil bitches running around standing on stage doing nothing. And then when they get off stage they tell us how cool they are and how frontman like Axl are asshole. yea he could be an asshole but like D said...thats part of the whole appeal. The world needs some more assholes...

Younggunner, are you a fan of music? Or are you a fan of celebrity. That's about the shallowest, lamest post I've seen, wanting to see grown men prancing about in fur coats acting like primadonna assholes. I suggest you  broaden your horizons & start becoming a fan of music, not superficial tennybopper idol worship or cult of personality worshipping, maybe you'd be taken more seriousaly by those here who care more about music than the silly shit which seems so important to you.

Rock doesn't need more assholes. There are enough assholes in the world already. I listen to music & go to concerts to get away from the assholes of the world.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2005, 01:36:09 PM »

Younggunner, are you a fan of music? Or are you a fan of celebrity. That's about the shallowest, lamest post I've seen, wanting to see grown men prancing about in fur coats acting like primadonna assholes. I suggest you? broaden your horizons & start becoming a fan of music, not superficial tennybopper idol worship or cult of personality worshipping, maybe you'd be taken more seriousaly by those here who care more about music than the silly shit which seems so important to you.

Rock doesn't need more assholes. There are enough assholes in the world already. I listen to music & go to concerts to get away from the assholes of the world.
You obiviously didnt get what I was saying.

Before you chastise me just stop and think what frontman I greatly admire. Heres a hint. Hes been out of celebrity, out of the spotlight, not worshiped by teenyboppers, etc.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 01:38:52 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2005, 03:15:20 PM »

Younggunner, are you a fan of music? Or are you a fan of celebrity. That's about the shallowest, lamest post I've seen, wanting to see grown men prancing about in fur coats acting like primadonna assholes. I suggest you  broaden your horizons & start becoming a fan of music, not superficial tennybopper idol worship or cult of personality worshipping, maybe you'd be taken more seriousaly by those here who care more about music than the silly shit which seems so important to you.

yes Yeah, A Real Profound n impartial Music fan wouldn't really mind whether a grownup man wears oversized jerseys or masks, or even prances about in fur coats or acts like prim n donnish assholes.   

Anyway Dude, can you please say something along those lines, when you saw the lamest and shallowest posts like "BH or Robin is not rock?n Roll" or "Axl doesn't look badass anymore" kinda shits? I'd appreciate it. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 03:18:41 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2005, 04:30:05 PM »

to me, my definition of an asshole is someone who really just does not give a shit about their fans or their performance.

this does not define Axl to me.

sometimes a person, in doing what they think is best - best for themself, may cause others to think they don't care about others... but, its like this:  if Axl doesn't think of himself, who is going to?  Whose job is it to do what you think is right for yourself?  The media?  The public?  The music industry?  I don't think so.  I think, whatever goes on with Axl in any given situation - its his responsibility to live with his decisions.  I think he can live with / deal with some/ many people simply blaming him for everything and calling him an 'asshole' - what choice does he have?  He deals with it and can deal with it because he knows he has done / is only doing the best he can.
So long as you can answer to yourself, and live with your own decisions - then that's all a person really needs to feel 'all right'.  Whoever wants to jump to judgements about him - that's there perogative.  After all, Axl does not offer excuses or as many have noted feel compelled constantly to make apologies to fans.  For those that need that - well, you are going to be dissapointed a lot when being a fan of Axl/GN'R.  Me, I don't need that, I may not know - in fact I don't know what happened in certain situations - but I just believe that Axl is not an asshole - therefore, I don't sit around and stew with crushed/frustrated feelings wondering or whining:  oh why doesn't he care/ oh, he owes me!/ etc.  I believe he cares and I understand that it ain't all as simple as people try and make it out to be or wish it were.  Until you  walk in another man's shoes - I don't think you are in a position to judge him. 
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2005, 07:16:52 PM »

Younggunner, are you a fan of music? Or are you a fan of celebrity. That's about the shallowest, lamest post I've seen, wanting to see grown men prancing about in fur coats acting like primadonna assholes. I suggest you? broaden your horizons & start becoming a fan of music, not superficial tennybopper idol worship or cult of personality worshipping, maybe you'd be taken more seriousaly by those here who care more about music than the silly shit which seems so important to you.

yes Yeah, A Real Profound n impartial Music fan wouldn't really mind whether a grownup man wears oversized jerseys or masks, or even prances about in fur coats or acts like prim n donnish assholes.? ?

Anyway Dude, can you please say something along those lines, when you saw the lamest and shallowest posts like "BH or Robin is not rock?n Roll" or "Axl doesn't look badass anymore" kinda shits? I'd appreciate it.?

You're right ppbebe, all that Robin, BH crap, oversized jersey crap just points to the shallowness & lameness of whoever decides to make a big deal such garbage. It seems a lot of people on these boards, whether they love or hate Axl, love or hate VR, etc...are really not fans of music but instead fans of personalities & idols. And that goes for both GnR only and VR only "fans". And it's quite lame.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2005, 10:25:11 PM »

I think a fan can 'love'/ 'hate/ or not give a shit really about' Axl's personality AND be a fan of the music...
as well as 'love' or 'hate' or not give a shit about the personalities of the VR members AND be a fan of the music...
hm... perhaps though a fan of the music only is just that - only a fan of the music and not of the 'band' or the 'performer'
Whereas a fan of the performer/artist would be both a fan of the performer/artist AND a fan of the music.   ok

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: