Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:16:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Jakob Dylan of the Wallflowers sounds off on Axl missing concerts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jakob Dylan of the Wallflowers sounds off on Axl missing concerts  (Read 12342 times)
Breakdown
Opening Act

Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap......

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 04:06:33 PM »

Hey Alice...read the article again..and realize that Jakob was calling him an asshole...not I. Think before you speak, my friend. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 04:07:10 PM »

The funny thing is, people still remember Axl. Once again he gets mentioned in the press. Pretty good for a "has-been recluse". ?hihi
/jarmo

that was my first thought when i saw the thread title...
I'm not bothering to read the article...
did the guy have tickets for one of the cancelled shows, or what? ?hihi
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 04:18:01 PM »

I'm not sure why people jumped down your throat dude... because I and many others have a love/hate relationship with Axl. Usually little comments here and there about him being an asshole don't stir up so many emotions. Maybe since it's been so quite lately people are just on edge man. But don't worry, Tommy or someone will give us some bullshit news soon so we can rest easy.

There are a lot of fans who have "beaten wife syndrome"... no matter how many times Axl spits in their face, they will defend the shit out of his actions.

I for one think he is an amazing artist... but I also think he is an asshole sometimes.

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 04:27:27 PM »

Doesn't love / hate relationship imply that Axl even knows who you are.  I am glad Axl is asshole.  I am an asshole too, so fuck everyone. 

Ritz Reeves III
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 04:31:11 PM »

ban this asshole Jarmo he's a fag.? Go to the wallflowers forum you faggot go talk to the other two fans.

GNR for fucking ever.

the axl people are showing their true colors today.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 04:32:06 PM »

soooo, so clever. typical axl fan.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 04:37:20 PM »

WOW! A member of the legendary group The Wallflowers criticises Axl! ?I hate Axl too now.

Give me a fuckin break!!!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 04:54:23 PM »

Personally, I'm questioning the intergrity of this guy.  I mean, I get that you owe it to your fans to get out there and perform, but how disapointing is it when a band puts on a shit performance.  This mostly has to do with bands that are so overworked that they can't play, who are playing 5-6 shows a week, by record companies that want to minimize their costs and shit.  I saw Alice Cooper last summer and I was pissed off as fuck cause the whole show seemed like a routine and they didn't seem into it at all.  "Faking it" just lets the fans down.  I'd rather see a rescheduled show where the band kicks ass then to see a scheduled show where they are a let down.  And second, how many shows has Axl cancelled cause he's not up to it?  He's got this huge reputation, but he's stood up less then a handful of shows.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 04:56:34 PM »

There are a lot of fans who have "beaten wife syndrome"... no matter how many times Axl spits in their face, they will defend the shit out of his actions.

what is it with this beaten wife syndrome and some gnr fans....
sorry to go off topic - but lord - i am sooooo sick of this reference

*rant on*

how the fuck is admiring an artist who has given us a lifetime's worth of music and countless kick ass good times... someone who has shared his art with us make us like an abused spouse?
how the hell does not letting the dissapointment of a cancelled show/tour or an album delay get the better of us make us abused?

We admire the man and his life's work and look forward to a time when we will be able to experience what he's been working on for many years. ?We support him in that we express that we believe in him and his good intentions and believe in his talent.
If a show is cancelled or a tour 'aborted' I should turn on him and claim he doesn't give a shit about me?

Why the fuck should I take it so personally? ?Why should I think it means that he doesn't care about me as a fan?
Why the hell should I think that my wants as a fan take priortiy over whatever may be going on in any given situation anyway?!
Axl OWES nothing to us. ?We don't own him for chrissake and he did not take a marrige vow to live his life to please us!!

An abused wife first of all is in a dependent relationship with her abuser. ?We are not dependent on Axl and Axl is not in control of us. ?What makes you think we are 'dependent' on Axl? ?An abused wife often puts up with the abuse because she has low self esteem - often blaming herself. ?The abusive husband hides his abuse from the outside world... ?None of this criteria fits or calls for the use of this terminolgy to describe - simply put 'loyal supportive fans'.

Not performing a scheduled show or not releasing an album your fans want is not like 'beating your wife' ?Roll Eyes
and I think it is a really making light of a very real societal affliction to make comparisions like these.

An abused wife needs real help to get out of a real situation.
GN'R fans who support Axl and the new band are NOT being harmed in any way by Axl's actions or decisions.

augh... ? anyone who thinks that whether GN'R releases an album in a certain timeframe or makes an announcement...
or puts on a show/tour or anything like this - ?is equivalent to living with and feeling you need someone who physically and emotionally abuses, beats, terrorizes, and controls your life is making a ridiculous claim.

Axl has a life and a career that is HIS business.
We have our own lifes. ?Seperate lives. ?Get it?
When and if Axl shares his art/talent with us and the band releases an album and tours... ?great, wonderful... cheers! yay! etc.
it does not make my life miserable in the meantime.
He is not hurting us! ? What the hell is so hard to understand about this?! ?Angry

If your life is all wrapped up in Axl then you seriously need help.
And if you think for one minute that my life or the lives of any of us who simply express our support and belief in the guy is wrapped up in Axl then you are making a baseless wild assumption...
and in the process - like I said - using a bad example.

*rant off*

disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005, 05:01:33 PM »

In related news, Axl's reply via press release...

"Jakob Dylan of the Wallflowers, what, you pissed off cause your dad gets more respect than you do? Fuck you. Suck my fuckin' dick."

Interesting.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2005, 05:03:01 PM »

some of you people need to chill, you get like school children, the guy didn't make the article up he just posted it.. People are on him like stink on shit..
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2005, 05:08:26 PM »

I for one think he is an amazing artist... but I also think he is an asshole sometimes.

I agree, like everybody else, the problem with Axl is that everytime someone in the music industry ou press whant's to exemplify an asshole, gess who's name came to mind?
By the way, and taking jbenzz  hint, this is a usual topic of discussion and i allways wanted to find, anyone knows how many shows did Axl canceled? I don't but for a gruop that did one of the most longest tours (91/92), i don't know if the number is that significant.

p.s. I believe people have right to their opinions and the ones stirring things up are the ones calling names just because they don't think alike why take such a personal ofense?

Fev
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2005, 05:17:47 PM »

ban this asshole Jarmo he's a fag.? Go to the wallflowers forum you faggot go talk to the other two fans.

GNR for fucking ever.

You should be banned for breaking the rules by bashing another forum member and acting like a whiney little pre-schooler.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2005, 05:24:47 PM »

Jakob's jealous that Axl has made more money off of his dad than himself. Axl probably is an asshole sometimes.....who isn't? We ?aren't in the public for everyone to dissect and analyze. ?When Axl is in a crappy mood at certain times it can affect alot of people.....like a stadium with thousands of fans. Or millions of people waitng for CD. So Axl isn't that different from alot of us (some good days some bad days) its just he has more power and influence over more people therefore he we be judged accordinly by more people.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2005, 05:26:23 PM »

what is it with this beaten wife syndrome and some gnr fans....
GN'R fans who support Axl and the new band are NOT being harmed in any way by Axl's actions or decisions.

Instead, we've got quite a few beaters who try to beat up on us- fans, Axl, present members and the band
here and there, as witness on this thread.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2005, 05:28:29 PM »

Thats cool it his opinion, but I'm sure he doesn't know why Axl cancelled the concerts just like we don't so I think its dumb to call him a asshole for it.  I do agree though Axl can be a Asshole but its more of an attitude and that makes him cool and I like that Axl doesn't care what everyone thinks and doesn't change himself for others .  Once Jakob Dylan sells out a concert venue of at least 10,000 people or makes a "multi-platinum" Wink record I'll start listening to his opinion, maybe Jakob Dylan needs to become an asshole and put some attitude in to his music instead of continuing to make wimpy ass shit that he has been making.  His music reminds me of the scene in animal house when Belushi takes the guitar from the fag playing it and smashes it agains the wall (Axl is Belushi and Jakob Dylan is the fag with the guitar).

GNR for fucking ever.

I found that link you were looking for:

http://www.mygnrforum.com

Anyways, on topic, fuck Conan O' Brian.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2005, 07:32:59 PM »

Oh, my God. I love when people just totally ignore my sentiments, which in my opinion, do reflect a majority of Gn'r fans. This has nothing to do with denial; it has to do with redundancy. Do you think this is the first time someone has taken a stab at Axl? Do you think this is the first time he's ever been mentioned in a goddamn interview? It's the same opinion after another, and it just gets old. Threads like these take up space and serve no purpose. People should just put the damn man as a metaphor in the dictionary, for crying out loud. Everyone has the right to use him as an example, only making themselves look like the actual asshole, but it doesn't need to be shoved in our face. We come here for news, not cliche mentions/stabs.  Angry
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2005, 09:23:46 PM »

Its the "IN" thing to bash Axl right now.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2005, 10:24:55 PM »

Please, please, please AXL, use this in a rant upon your return. 

There was also a small blurb in the new Rolling Stone...it was related to VR's nomination for Slither...I mention it because it was also a jab at Axl.  Even the people who hate Axl want to see his return, I think that's pretty damn cool.   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2005, 10:36:41 PM »

Wow - I completely forgot about Jakob Dylan like 7 years ago - I am more perplexed a person put a mic in front of his mouth.

Welcome back Jakob Dylan - the world hasn't missed you cause they never embraced you

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: