Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:42:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could Axl be preparing himself for a future career as a producer?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could Axl be preparing himself for a future career as a producer?  (Read 3948 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« on: February 18, 2005, 12:02:53 AM »

With all this talk of axl saying he wished he produced contraband and the fact he has or had taken over production duties of Chinese Democracy , could it be a sign that Axl may be interested in becoming a fully fledged producer in the future?

Maybe the lenghty process of getting his album done is just axl really wanting to learn the ropes , tricks and techniques inside out and seeing as this is his project on his clock he can take his sweet time to do it right and learn as much as possible?

Maybe it's the reason why band members allude to so many alternate takes/tracks?

Obviously at Axl's age he is gunna be looking for something different 5 - 10 years down the road career wise and maybe music production could be right up his album. If he follows through and ends up as final producer of Democracy with his name credited as such and the album becomes the huge success we hope then that surely will get him some respect as a producer.

Maybe his goal is to produce the next 3 GNR albums to fully grasp the job before moving into a full time job as producer?!

Just something to ponder.  peace

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 12:06:57 AM »

no

i dont see many bands wanting to go 5 or 6 years without releasing a cd

i do believe axl learning the behind the scenes of the music business and learning the computer aspects of producing music is a huge reason for all the time thats past

u take axl modernizing himself with music production,putting together a band with the right chemistry and write the kick ass songs needed that would take a very long time!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 12:41:56 AM »

You dont think it's at all possible that later on down the road it wouldnt be something Axl might be interested in?

i dont see many bands wanting to go 5 or 6 years without releasing a cd

I really dont see it taking that long seeing as it would be someone elses band and music and the fact that most bands have a pretty good idea of what they want and have most songs pretty much structured before they hit the studio. Add in the fact that given another couple years Axl should be pretty comfortable and "in the know" in a producers chair (if he isnt allready) and that should point to it not taking 5 years for him to produce another bands album.

I would love to see it happen though , I mean if he has to retire from "active duty" as a performer it would be nice to know he is still "involved" in some other capacity.

Or maybe he could just be a voice actor for video games. Or webmaster for gnronline.com!!  peace

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 02:39:53 AM »

Sure, he also recruited Beta back in 92 so he can learn everything from her and start working as a babysitter...

Not to mention Earl's influence... He is seriously thinking of becoming a bodyguard...

Roll Eyes

DemocracyRose
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 03:16:40 AM »

No bands or Artists would hire Axl as a Producer, because "things" are taking tooooo long...  Undecided  hihi
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 06:01:56 AM »

I think Axl is out there learning the ropes, what for I'm not sure. He seems to be the type that wants to get as much involved in the process as possible.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 08:52:59 AM »

I think he will continue with this type or related type of work when he becomes inactive with tourin  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 08:54:42 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 08:57:01 AM »

he might help some poeple from time to time, but I don't think he will be doing much.. He can't accomplish one album, and anyone interested in being busy in the now don't need axl..

Who knows though
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 09:39:05 AM »

With all this talk of axl saying he wished he produced contraband and the fact he has or had taken over production duties of Chinese Democracy , could it be a sign that Axl may be interested in becoming a fully fledged producer in the future?

I wouldn't consider the referenced rumour as a sign... but it does give way to some interesting thoughts to ponder, as you have pointed out... so cool thread idea.  ok

I think it would be very cool if Axl was interested in doing production of music for other artists.
He has made comments over the years that show he has a real love of music production - and a lot of interest int he different technologies available..  Also that he likes so many different types/genres of music means he can appreiciate different styles and not
try to make everything sound like rock or what have you.  From the beginiing - with AFD - Axl recognized and expressed the importance of not just the recording process - but the PRODUCTION of the music.. and how it can affect the final product. 
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=13395.msg234983#msg234983

Seems - hell yeah - I could definitey see Axl wanting to and becoming a producer for hire.

And I disagree with some of the comments in this thread - I think the guys phone would be LIT UP with requests for hiring him.
Regardless of the status of CD's release - or its commercial success... Axl's talent IS already recognized by other artists.

I think he has been VERY involved in the production of CD all along ...even before he actually became the producer for CD.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 09:48:19 AM »

I think Slash was only joking when he said that about Axl Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 09:52:59 AM »

I think he was creditied on the first APC album as like an enginner or something but I could be wrong...

Sure, he also recruited Beta back in 92 so he can learn everything from her and start working as a babysitter...

Not to mention Earl's influence... He is seriously thinking of becoming a bodyguard...

Why are you being sarcastic? Its a good thought and might be a possibility

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 10:17:23 AM »

I think it might be something Axl has thought about. If Axl was to be a producer I'm sure he would  be one of the best in biz. His talent as a singer would just get better, The problem is his name would be on the album as the producer, so he might want it to sound perfect and we all know what that means Undecided  Shit! look at the poor guys track record, personally I'd keep the day job.   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 11:14:45 AM »

Roll Eyes

Embarrassed

Just trying to spark some different conversation other then release date rumors and speculation about who's in or not in the band .. sorry if I hit a bad nerve?  Huh

Anyways , I think he would be a pretty sought after producer if/when democracy is a big hit! If he can get a couple successful albums under his belt with him as the producer then he certainly has something to put on his future resume right? And factor in the brilliant lyrics we all have come to expect from Axl , I mean what songwriter wouldnt want Axl with them going over their lyrics and fine tuning them a little?!

As for the recording process taking as long as "democracy" .. that , IMHO , is rubbish ... should axl ever become a producer for other bands theres different rules and applications that would apply ... most bands are NOT afforded the luxury that axl and GNR have been given these years .. most bands have a deadline to get in and out of a studio that must be adhered too. Furthermore , most bands have their songs pretty much written and crafted before entering a studio these days , so the issue of axl "keeping" them in a studio for a lenghty period of time wouldnt even be a factor as far as I'm concerned.

If I ever had a chance to speak with/interview Axl the question would be at the top of my list as I'm very interested to know if the man has plans as to what , if anything , he wants to do when he decides his "performing" career is over.

peace. peace

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 11:20:02 AM »

Well, I'd love Axl to produce my bands album some day ? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 11:30:38 AM »

Well, I'd love Axl to produce my bands album some day   ok

smoking Izzy  smoking

I most certainly wouldnt mind sitting down with Axl and "fine tuning" my lyrics.  beer

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 11:32:31 AM »

Axl's reputation isn't so great right now. He's viewed as a mad genius, a Darger of the music world, locked away in his basement formulating an epic musical tome. He is also viewed as being difficult to work with, namely he demands total control, whether true or not.

I think the redhead would have to extend himself more publicly for the industry to give him a chance as a producer. CD also has to be a huge hit.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 11:50:36 AM »

Axl's reputation isn't so great right now. He's viewed as a mad genius, a Darger of the music world, locked away in his basement formulating an epic musical tome. He is also viewed as being difficult to work with, namely he demands total control, whether true or not.

I think the redhead would have to extend himself more publicly for the industry to give him a chance as a producer. CD also has to be a huge hit.

well this is pretty much what I'm saying .. if this album is a sucess and then he get's another album or two of his own with him as producer under his belt then he could maybe set himself up for the role.

I'm thinking more long term then say next year or the year after .. I mean maybe 5 - 10 years down the road.  ok

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 12:30:43 PM »

Roll Eyes

Embarrassed

Just trying to spark some different conversation other then release date rumors and speculation about who's in or not in the band .. sorry if I hit a bad nerve?? Huh

Anyways , I think he would be a pretty sought after producer if/when democracy is a big hit! If he can get a couple successful albums under his belt with him as the producer then he certainly has something to put on his future resume right? And factor in the brilliant lyrics we all have come to expect from Axl , I mean what songwriter wouldnt want Axl with them going over their lyrics and fine tuning them a little?!

As for the recording process taking as long as "democracy" .. that , IMHO , is rubbish ... should axl ever become a producer for other bands theres different rules and applications that would apply ... most bands are NOT afforded the luxury that axl and GNR have been given these years .. most bands have a deadline to get in and out of a studio that must be adhered too. Furthermore , most bands have their songs pretty much written and crafted before entering a studio these days , so the issue of axl "keeping" them in a studio for a lenghty period of time wouldnt even be a factor as far as I'm concerned.

If I ever had a chance to speak with/interview Axl the question would be at the top of my list as I'm very interested to know if the man has plans as to what , if anything , he wants to do when he decides his "performing" career is over.

peace. peace

I think his priority is to get those damn albums out and tour the world. Oh, and be more successful than VR....

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 12:47:24 PM »

Roll Eyes

Embarrassed

Just trying to spark some different conversation other then release date rumors and speculation about who's in or not in the band .. sorry if I hit a bad nerve?? Huh

peace. peace

I think his priority is to get those damn albums out and tour the world. Oh, and be more successful than VR....

I think his priority is to make us suffer.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 12:59:02 PM »

I think his priority is to make us suffer.

Ok, another great post...

Get a life.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: