Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do You consider CD a follow up to Illusions?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You consider CD a follow up to Illusions?  (Read 16771 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 03:33:50 PM »

Interesting question. I actually think Axl had mostly "taken control" of GN'R before UYI came out. Because of that, I do feel like CD is the follow-up to UYI. IMHO, AFD is a relic from a band that no longer exists- while UYI, CD and whatever follows is really all part of the contiuing "Axl Rose Saga".

exactly.. its in a sense the redebut because of all the new musicans.. but its continuing the legacy left by the illusions  yes
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 04:41:20 PM »

I'd consider CD a debut album by a new band.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 05:21:09 PM »

It's not a follow-up or a debut...it's something completely unique and bizarre...I am so f'in pumped up for this album!!!  I've got faith in Axl.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 06:21:05 PM »

I say it is more GNR2K a reload, fresh start - good question

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 06:47:37 PM »

In the same vein then , would you consider Contraband a follow up to UYI's?!  Huh

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 06:48:58 PM »

yeah, good point? Tongue

edit\ meanin the same kind of question? ok
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 10:20:50 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 06:50:39 PM »

yeah, good point  Tongue

Thanks , I thought so.  Tongue  I mean with CD you have but the singer and keyboard player moving forward and with Contraband you have the guitar player , bass player and drummer.  Undecided

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 08:58:32 PM »

I have a feeling this will be the most personal and deepest album content wise of any of the GnR albums.  AFD was pure sex, drugs and rock n roll.  The Illusions were all over the map with their content, but were much deeper lyrically than AFD was with songs like November Rain, Coma, Breakdown, Locomotive and Estranged giving some deep insight into the mind of Axl.  I believe that Chinese Democracy will be the most provacative GnR album from a lyrical standpoint, with some great epics.  My one concern is that there probably won't be a lot of songs that are purely entertaining and outright fun to listen to like the ones found on AFD.  I get the feeling that Chinese Democracy will be a real rainy day album if you know what I mean. 
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 09:10:45 PM »

Im hopeing we get some real insights into what exactly has been going on with Axl all these years

It's well reported that he discovered/uncovered alot of painful experiences through his therapy and the like, I think we'll see alot of these topics touched on in his lyrics

I am also hoping that we hear some more generic or world views from Axl. The world is a very different place to that world that influenced and informed his earlier work so i'm particularly interested to see where Axls head is at on a social level

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Democratized Canuck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 09:33:33 PM »

Absolutely.  The last time I checked...... even though Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Phil Jackson left the Lakers this summer, they still call them the Lakers this year.  I know basketball is not the same as the music industry but this is Gn'R's next album of original music and its gonna rock all the same.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005, 09:58:57 PM »

In the same vein then , would you consider Contraband a follow up to UYI's?!  Huh

fuck no.  Axl has always been the main brain behind gnr.   Its his band.   Without Axl it can't be guns.  so it aint a follow up to shit. its a debut album.

its more like a follow up to Shagrala di da by STP if anything  yes    rofl

ok its a debut

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 10:00:37 PM »

Absolutely.? The last time I checked...... even though Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Phil Jackson left the Lakers this summer, they still call them the Lakers this year.? I know basketball is not the same as the music industry but this is Gn'R's next album of original music and its gonna rock all the same.

Huh

i believe it will rock also ?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2005, 06:03:59 AM »

On a slightly different note, I see CD being a one and done type deal. I dont think we will ever see another GNR album again after this one.

This is closure for Axl.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2005, 08:49:41 AM »

I do not consider it a follow up to the illusions because gnr is no longer around, now it's just axl using the name with a bunch of hired players..  A follow up to the illusions could only be done with gnr.. Besides no one has heard the album so how can it be considered for anything?

Absolutely.  The last time I checked...... even though Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Phil Jackson left the Lakers this summer, they still call them the Lakers this year.  I know basketball is not the same as the music industry but this is Gn'R's next album of original music and its gonna rock all the same.

Teams are suppose to change, bands aren't.. zSports in comparison is  terrible .. So me and my friends could get into gnr and it would be gnr hihi

It's just a business now, it's not a group.. Bands have material, they have albums, this band has nothing., They couldn't even tour for more then three weeks without causing riots..

For me gnr is dead, this is the axl rose band and his hired helpers. Now that won't take anything away from the music he makes, but it just won't be gnr for me..

Vince neil doesn't go on tour and call it Motley crue, sammy haggar doesn't tour alone and call it van halen, ozzy doesn't call his solo efforts black sabbath, nor does clapton call his solo projects cream.. WHat makesd a band is it's players, that's what the band is about, not anyone one person..
Warren
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2005, 08:59:28 AM »

I do not consider it a follow up to the illusions because gnr is no longer around, now it's just axl using the name with a bunch of hired players..? A follow up to the illusions could only be done with gnr.. Besides no one has heard the album so how can it be considered for anything?

Absolutely.? The last time I checked...... even though Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Phil Jackson left the Lakers this summer, they still call them the Lakers this year.? I know basketball is not the same as the music industry but this is Gn'R's next album of original music and its gonna rock all the same.

Teams are suppose to change, bands aren't.. zSports in comparison is? terrible .. So me and my friends could get into gnr and it would be gnr hihi

It's just a business now, it's not a group.. Bands have material, they have albums, this band has nothing., They couldn't even tour for more then three weeks without causing riots..

For me gnr is dead, this is the axl rose band and his hired helpers. Now that won't take anything away from the music he makes, but it just won't be gnr for me..

Vince neil doesn't go on tour and call it Motley crue, sammy haggar doesn't tour alone and call it van halen, ozzy doesn't call his solo efforts black sabbath, nor does clapton call his solo projects cream.. WHat makesd a band is it's players, that's what the band is about, not anyone one person..

I really agree with you. Without Slash and the other guys, there is no GN'R.
Only a fake version of it.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2005, 09:03:33 AM »

au contrere' mon frere'? Roll Eyes

and there will be more albums accordin 2 axl? ok
tho it could be that they are recordin the final music 2 be released from gunsnroses ever,but we don't know? Tongue?

and mike, in that sense, slash and duff was also as much hired members b4,
 -as brain and richard are now? Roll Eyes meanin they not  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 09:13:59 AM by norway » Logged

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2005, 09:14:21 AM »

I really agree with you. Without Slash and the other guys, there is no GN'R.
Only a fake version of it.

the other guys... lol!
aka:  what am I chopped liver  hihi

I honestly believe that Slash is the only one the public at large would /would have 'missed'...
and now that they see him all over with Velvet Revolver... it won't be a mystery

I think the public will be be accept the new band... 
GN'R has what GN'R MUST have to be GN'R...   (among other thngs)... 
Axl's voice and persona

...oh what was the topic...  hm.. good question/topic

yeah, in my mind, it is a follow up to the Illusions
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2005, 09:19:51 AM »

Yes it is a follow-up to the Illusions yes
No it's not gonna be anything like the Illusions no
 ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2005, 09:37:06 AM »

The reason im not into this "GNewR" is because these live tracks are all keyboards and there all slow songs with hardly any rock and its just dissapointing. The only newish track i like is "oh my god" i just dont like this stupid techno crap.

html sucks
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2005, 09:38:38 AM »

fuck yeah, oh my god rocks? ok

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: