Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:34:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOUR: Axl's view of VR? - according to Slash
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOUR: Axl's view of VR? - according to Slash  (Read 8296 times)
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 07:40:10 PM »

Produced it! HA im more interested in wondering what the record would of sounded like with Axl's lyrics behind it
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 08:04:17 PM »

Produced it! HA I guess he would put an orchestra on Big Machine.  hihi

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 09:08:09 PM »

we all know those demos/alt takes sound better than the versions that made t he album no?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 09:36:43 PM »

He probably digs some of it, I'm sure they still have a lot of respect for each others talents even if they don't really like each other as people anymore. I'm sure the VR will dig Chinese Democracy if it ever sees the light of day. I don't see why they wouldn't admit it such a thing either. You can hate someone personally and still regard them as a great talent.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 09:47:19 PM »

When Contraband first came out, everyone was talking about the production. Im sure this is what Axl meant. It doesnt always sound as raw as people were expecting. Set me Free sounds good, but other songs like Big Machine and Illegal I sound overproduced, like the sound and scotts voice are mushed together electronically. Maybe VR are trying to fix that with the re-released versions. But I havent heard them yet.

Axls Oh My God is also overproduced IMO.

Because Axl says this makes me believe he reads the internet, because everyone was criticizing the production when it was on VH1's site a day or 2 before its release.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 09:49:45 PM by jabba2 » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2005, 09:47:40 PM »

we all know those demos/alt takes sound better than the versions that made t he album no?

No.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 10:00:52 PM »

In January 2005, Slash gave a brief interview on the UK's Virgin Radio.? The most interesting part came when the DJ asked whether Axl had contacted Slash to congratulate him on the success of VR.? Slash replied that he had not spoken to Axl personally.? But, talking to a 'mutual friend', he had learned Axl's reaction to Contraband.? Axl does, apparently, wish that 'he had produced' the album.? The DJ then quipped 'yeah, release date 2010', and Slash laughed.

What Axl meant by this is anyone's guess.? Was he admiring the album, and wishing he had been involved?? Or was he critising it, saying that he could have produced it better?

Despite assuming that Slash is telling the truth (not a certainty), the story gains credibility because the reaction is neither too positive or negative.? Any thoughts:? revealing, or b/s?

The interview can he heard at
>http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/artists/velvet_revolver/index.html.

sounds like Slash was being sarcastic.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 10:07:12 PM »

anyone ever seen that movie "Amadeus"?

remember when Mozart attended Salieri's *SP* opera and told him he didnt know music like that was possible

Salieri *SP* thought he was complimenting him but Mozart was really shitting on him?

if axl said that i say he was shitting on them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 03:19:04 AM »

Good point D, I suppose that's possible too.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 05:26:03 AM »

Axls Oh My God is also overproduced IMO.

IMO its the opposite, its very poorly mixed, lacking clarity and seperation between the instruments.

Didn't Axl mention that it's actually a demo recording and wasn't intended to be released?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005, 05:32:59 AM »

Any thoughts:? revealing, or b/s?

I think this just proves that Axl loves to be in the studio... (obviously)...

I think the guy likes to make music still and produce it and write it....

I think the touring thing isnt his ball of wax anymore...

I only say this coz he didnt say " I wish i had sung on that"...  Even some of the new members say that axl hasnt finished the vocals for his own album....

I think Axl would prob do a god damn good job producing an album since hes been doing it for about 10 years now...
Elrothiel
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 05:33:42 AM »

anyone ever seen that movie "Amadeus"?

remember when Mozart attended Salieri's *SP* opera and told him he didnt know music like that was possible

Salieri *SP* thought he was complimenting him but Mozart was really shitting on him?

if axl said that i say he was shitting on them.
Hehehe! Hell yea! Axl is Mozart and Slash is Salieri!! Cheesy
SADIS
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 05:37:04 AM »

Can you imagine Dirty Little Thing with a piano added, and a couple of cowbells?

Yes, I can and it actually sounds pretty cool in my head. With the tempo a little bit slower and Axl's rasping voice I think it would be really great!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 08:29:22 AM »

Axl is a turd...he obviously isnt into the whole rock thing anymore because hes putting all this keyboard shit over the songs.

Axl obviously wants to erase the thought that some of the best songs and most successfull songs were made with the old guys.

Whereas his new stuff isnt as popular hes getting pretty pissed.

html sucks
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2005, 09:15:55 AM »

i dont no why but 4 sum reason, i think the new gn'r songs are some of the best. theyr betta than sum TSI songs. and i think once they release chinese democracy, it'll be betta than contraband. the new songs i've hurd r betta than n e snakepit or VR songs from what i've hurd. ATM, i think Axl has the best instrumentalists in his bands. VR arent that good.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2005, 09:48:32 AM »

i dont no why but 4 sum reason, i think the new gn'r songs are some of the best. theyr betta than sum TSI songs. and i think once they release chinese democracy, it'll be betta than contraband. the new songs i've hurd r betta than n e snakepit or VR songs from what i've hurd. ATM, i think Axl has the best instrumentalists in his bands. VR arent that good.

If you think the new songs are better than TSI, how du you rate TSI agains UYIs and AFD?

And by the way, it's written some, better, any, are and heard. Just in case you're ever writing a school paper or the like Wink

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2005, 10:00:36 AM »

If you think the new songs are better than TSI, how du you rate TSI agains UYIs and AFD?

And by the way, it's written some, better, any, are and heard. Just in case you're ever writing a school paper or the like Wink

yeah, no offense, and I know some of the rules on here are to never give a fuck about spelling but the way you write is confusing.  If your mother tongue is not english I apologize (mine is french) but If it is... I would appreciate if you tried a little harder and write  intelligibly. peace

As for the new songs I like madagascar better than Half of the old songs. And rhiad is like nothing I have ever heard, So I would like to hear rhiad-like songs on ChiDem.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2005, 10:14:48 AM »

thats coz his new stuff is crap....
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2005, 10:50:58 AM »

thats coz his new stuff is crap....

and that's coming from a nikki sixx fan ladies and gents.  hihi  laughable.

How in the hell do we know if his new stuff is not popular? I remind you people that the new album is not out yet  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Shoeboy017
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2005, 11:06:18 AM »

I think Slash is talking out of his ass.   Slash didn't talk about Axl this much when he was in the band, for Christ's sake.  This guy used to be my favorite member of the band, and now he cries and whines like Jose Canseco.  He should shut up and be happy with the fact that people are buying that glossy turd that he just dropped.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: