Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:18:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VR Grammy: Will it affect CD?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR Grammy: Will it affect CD?  (Read 5068 times)
Beholder
Opening Act

Turn around bitch I got a use for you

« on: February 16, 2005, 02:31:30 PM »

what do you think: Huh

A) One thing is not linked to the another
B) Things will go faster: Mr. Rose has to show that he also has "grammy winners" in his pocket
C) Things will go slower: Mr. Rose will back to studio until he thinks he has a "grammy winner"

Just because you're winnin' don't mean you're the lucky ones
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 02:33:20 PM »

No
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 02:41:26 PM »

I don't think Axl has ever really put much value on winning grammies. He could just as easily look at VR's grammy as a strike against them as anything he should be nervous about.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 02:45:46 PM »

there`s alot of funny topic!

But this one made me  hihi  rofl 

Hope u dident mean that!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 02:46:20 PM »

I dont think Axl even thinks about those guys.

starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 03:25:32 PM »

what Axl has to do with VR?  Roll Eyes
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 03:40:05 PM »

I dont think Axl even thinks about those guys.

Bullshit! You people mean to tell me Axl never thinks about the old band? I don't think he is jealous of them. And I hope to think he doesn't think about them much. But I'm sure he gets urked when he hears shit about them (commenting on Axl being a fuck up, etc.) and sees them performing on stage. You know, if I spent that much time with a group of people and went through what must have been an incredible ride and journey... I'd definetly have feelings about them. Maybe I'd be glad they were no longer a part of my life, but showing them up has to cross his mind every once in a while. Especially on the terms they split on. But as far as VR influencing CD's release n shit, I doubt that highly.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 03:43:21 PM »

Option A. No relation whatsoever.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 04:03:49 PM »

2006 Grammy's album of the year Chinese Democracy by Guns N Roses.  Has a nice ring to it smoking
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »

A
You people mean to tell me Axl never thinks about the old band?

I don't say never but I can't imagine that he or anyone thinks about the old band more than some ppl here do. hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 04:15:21 PM »

Grammys are all a sham. Its political and not really what is the best music out there.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 04:22:08 PM »

I disagree with those who don't think Axl cares about acclaim for this record. I think that's exactly why he's taking so long. Axl loves approval and can't deal with disapproval.

Why else would he call out John Pareles of the NY Times 15 years after the guy wrote a so-so review of a GNR show? And Conan O'brien for making a silly goof on him? And countless others for minor infractions? And give Kurt Loder a friendly on-air pat on the back at the 2002 VMAs for his good words concerning the new band?

Axl cares a lot what people think.

Axl would love for Chinese Democracy to get 5 stars in Rolling Stone, all the Grammy's it's eligible for, MTV video awards, best album ever, Nobel Prize. And he would like for Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Curt Cobain wherever he is, Allan Niven, the Indiana people, Stephanie Seymour, his dead father, etc to know all about his fine achievements.

He wants major recognition and validation. I don't doubt it for a minute.

PS: I am personally hoping Axl gets everything he wants, too, and when his moment in the sun comes, I'm hoping that all those people listed above will acknowledge Axl's better qualities instead of obsessing over his well-known shortcomings.

I've seen enough.
shaun
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 04:32:07 PM »

I don't see why it should, VR are out there doing thier thing and doing ok. GN'R are on their way to doing their thing. 
As for CD, i only see it appealing to GN'R fans and many of those only liked GN'R for AFD.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 04:48:24 PM »

I disagree with those who don't think Axl cares about acclaim for this record. I think that's exactly why he's taking so long. Axl loves approval and can't deal with disapproval.

Why else would he call out John Pareles of the NY Times 15 years after the guy wrote a so-so review of a GNR show? And Conan O'brien for making a silly goof on him? And countless others for minor infractions? And give Kurt Loder a friendly on-air pat on the back at the 2002 VMAs for his good words concerning the new band?

Axl cares a lot what people think.

Axl would love for Chinese Democracy to get 5 stars in Rolling Stone, all the Grammy's it's eligible for, MTV video awards, best album ever, Nobel Prize. And he would like for Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Curt Cobain wherever he is, Allan Niven, the Indiana people, Stephanie Seymour, his dead father, etc to know all about his fine achievements.

He wants major recognition and validation. I don't doubt it for a minute.

PS: I am personally hoping Axl gets everything he wants, too, and when his moment in the sun comes, I'm hoping that all those people listed above will acknowledge Axl's better qualities instead of obsessing over his well-known shortcomings.

Good post  beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 04:50:41 PM »

As for CD, i only see it appealing to GN'R fans and many of those only liked GN'R for AFD.

Why is that? Do you think it will be that AFDish?
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 04:53:16 PM »

Thank you Booker.  beer

I've seen enough.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 05:10:31 PM »

Oh he will definately care how the critics view his record, as well as how the concerts go. Axl is obsessed with the media; he can't stand when they inevitably turn on him.

As for VR, I doubt very much he cares. The music scene is so different now than when GnR were at their peak. Imagine AFD next to Vertigo or American Idiot. No contest. At least we would hope the voters see it that way.

having said that, I doubt CD receives any Grammy consideration aside from technical merit. There are alot of people out there who hate the redhead and would only cross the street to spit in his face. It doesn't mean that CB will be a better disc than CD, but CB was such a safe, middle of the road, vanity play on VR's part, it couldn't fail in this atmosphere of polished, bubble gum  oxygen sucking divas and punk-ish posers.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 05:15:36 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 05:30:27 PM »

I agree with your post Johnny Blood (excellent post btw). My only point is that he can achieve all that without a grammy specifically- just as he did back in 91-93 when GN'R was the biggest thing on the planet without winning a single grammy award. I just think most legitimate people in music (Axl included) don't really gauge the "greatness" of bands by how many grammy awards they have. I don't think anyone ranks the Rolling Stones ahead of Zeppelin because they have 7 grammies and Zep has 4 (made up numbers) or whatever. I mean, Milli Vanilli won a grammy for christ's sake, so how reputable can it be?

As far as CD actually bringing in a grammy award some day- I don't see it. Many people who vote for these awards would sooner cut their arms off than hand Axl Rose a grammy on national TV... I think there's still tons of animousity for Axl in the industry because of One In A Million alone. Which is an interesting double standard given the "free pass" they give many African-American rappers and Eminem. It's almost as if it's a "tolerable" form of expression from urban gangsters, but not from Indiana farm boys who should know better.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 05:33:34 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 05:54:13 PM »

could you imagine if the world ended before the album was released. That would be a piss off for many lol. I wouldnt be pissed about not hearing the album though, id be peed i was dead.

html sucks
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 06:29:35 PM »

Axl doesnt make music to win Grammys, He makes it because he loves music and he wants to get his Anger,Pain,love,joy and all other emotions expressed through the music but he js happens to be very talented at not only doing that but making the music that millions of ppl love. I think thats one of the reasons that GnR got as big as it did, Because ppl know music thats coming from the artists soul when they hear it

So Im gonna say No I dont think the Grammy phases him, Hes not gonna return to win a grammy thats exactly why I believe hes going to win one (with all the shitty competition he has he's bound to win at least one or two)  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: