Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:15:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could we get an "official update" doing this!?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could we get an "official update" doing this!?  (Read 5333 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: February 16, 2005, 05:54:03 AM »

I remember a while ago ( I think years... wow ) a lot of people saying "what if we just close all the sites or foruns about the band with some kind of message about "we are tired of waitng..." ( or something like that )

and I was talking to some friends, and one of my friends works for a publicy company and told me this: "the worst things get, bigger the reaction is"... and that made me think about what if we just shut down ( not for a long time ) the fans sites with the same message just to try to hear something from the record comapny or even ( who knows ) from Axl himself?

Just my thoughs about this hole this
if you have an opinion about it, let me know if something like this could happen

c-ya

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 05:59:13 AM »

i dont think it would work... besides i would be to frustrated if the site was shut down... i've come to love this place to much

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 05:59:42 AM »

It might work, but only if all the big gnr boards would do this IMO

Like peeing clouds!
RnT
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 06:02:45 AM »

not just the "big" gnr sites... EVERY SITE about the band...

that will spread in 5 minutes for sure

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 06:09:53 AM »

maybe a "one day" kind of a thing would do the trick, enough to get it on the news.

Remember how the fans made a petition for a fiona apple album ? it was on the news !  peace

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 06:18:08 AM »

maybe a "one day" kind of a thing would do the trick, enough to get it on the news.

Remember how the fans made a petition for a fiona apple album ? it was on the news !? peace

maybe someone can make something like this ?

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?Fiona9

SADIS
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 06:21:19 AM »

I think it would be very cool but it would never work I think...there's always one or two fuckers who just don't want to participate .....
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 06:22:38 AM »

not just the "big" gnr sites... EVERY SITE about the band...

that will spread in 5 minutes for sure

Are you joking?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 06:23:47 AM »

damn, there was already a petition  Angry

http://www.petitiononline.com/Yanz76/petition.html

Grin

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 06:26:49 AM »

I don't think the record company gives a damn about us ?Sad ... but mabey we could do the "shut down the websites thing", but would Axl even notice this Huh? I hate internet petitions I've signed so many of them and none of them have ever amounted to anything ?Angry ?, it might work though, but I think shutting down the sites would be more effective ?ok hard to do though

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 08:00:28 AM »

If I remember correctly, that's more or less the reason why gnrx closed down two years ago, and it was the biggest board at the time. Didn't seem to have much of an impact.
Even if all the big sites closed down, I don't think it would change anything. Axl's not the kind of guy who will be pressured into doing something.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 08:03:46 AM »

gnrx was closed because of all those fake rumours (pure, dany etc.)

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 08:10:40 AM »

gnrx was closed because of all those fake rumours (pure, dany etc.)

Are you sure it was the only reason? I seem to remember they closed it after the aborted tour and said it would be reopened when the fans are given an explanation. Or something.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 08:15:11 AM »

If this site closed down I would cry! I come here about 3 or 4 times a day looking for some huge update and contributing (or trying to..) to topics. Besides, Axl has had pressure from his old band, the record company, millions of $$ on his back, the press and millions of fans....the 'big garbage can' (internet) probably wouldn't fizz him.
He is the stubbornest man I think I have ever seen! hihi

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 08:23:28 AM »

I doubt it. What would we be left with if this happened? No official update and no unofficial updates!

Here today...ready to rock
RnT
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 09:00:44 AM »

Yeah
nothing could happen
.... but .... every single word of ANY people around the GNR camp is treated like "important news" around the globe...

I think is time to face it, ok, You can say that Tommy, Brain, Dizzy don?t know "much" what?s goin?on ... but damn, all these 3 already said things that came close to a sentence like "yeah, next week the album will be released..."

damn, I think Tommy ( correct me if I am wrong ) said that the music is done for a while... so WHY not just come and say "hey fans, we?re done with the music,,, but there?s others things to work now... hope you all understand... peace, GNR"

no, I?m not whining like I used to do 3 years ago...
the only thing I?m thinking is make "news" about it ... Axl could never care to get to internet to see it, BUT ( a BIG BUT here ) he could hear about it on the internet and realize that we don?t want him to release an album if he?s not thinkin ir perfect, but just update us with something... or even Sanctuary... or even Axl?s manager...

That?s my point... make some buzz... not make preasure to make Axl release the damn album

usurper
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 09:07:47 AM »

Yeah
nothing could happen
.... but .... every single word of ANY people around the GNR camp is treated like "important news" around the globe...

I think is time to face it, ok, You can say that Tommy, Brain, Dizzy don?t know "much" what?s goin?on ... but damn, all these 3 already said things that came close to a sentence like "yeah, next week the album will be released..."

damn, I think Tommy ( correct me if I am wrong ) said that the music is done for a while... so WHY not just come and say "hey fans, we?re done with the music,,, but there?s others things to work now... hope you all understand... peace, GNR"

no, I?m not whining like I used to do 3 years ago...

the only thing I?m thinking is make "news" about it ... Axl could never care to get to internet to see it, BUT ( a BIG BUT here ) he could hear about it on the internet and realize that we don?t want him to release an album if he?s not thinkin ir perfect, but just update us with something... or even Sanctuary... or even Axl?s manager...

That?s my point... make some buzz... not make preasure to make Axl release the damn album

I still signed the petition.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 09:18:23 AM »

I dont think it would work.. 

1. Plain and simple.. Axl rose doesnt give a damn about if his fans are updated..

2. Axl doesnt like the internet and im sure he would appreceate it if we all packed it up and went home.

3. You could never orginize the damn thing to begin with..

4. All the sites would be back up within 24 hours again anyways .. everyone would be afraid that they might "miss" something...

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 09:21:28 AM »

He is the stubbornest man I think I have ever seen! hihi

Yeah, Axl can be very stubborn when he wants to be ?hihi But I agree with RnT if he could just tell us what's happening Huh

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 09:48:58 AM »

Jesus Christ, what you all tend to forget is that there is nothing to report. If there is important news, you'll hear it. If the album is ready to roll, you'll hear it. What do you people want? An update right now??? You will get something close as. "where working on it people, there are much issues going round yet to solve before we can get this fucker started". Or this "well, I'm now busy with working on The Blues, still some tweaking to do on the volume of different occuring instruments, but right now, uncle Axl goes to the toilet to take a dump so I can think about it while doing my thing".

Will that make you happy?? Wouldn't such statement be kinda obvious? We know more then enough for whats going on now. They are working on it, they are still busy with all kinda things before they can effectively bring out CD. Tadaaaa, there is your update. Axl doesn't need to tell you that coz we already KNOW that. So why bitching?? He does not owe you a fuck.

This hasn't got ANYTHING to do with Axl not giving a damn about his fans updated or anything. Just fucking wait. And if you can't wait, then don't wait. go on with your lives but don't take your frustration out on Axl.

How old are you? 12? "I want a statement right now or otherwise I don't like Axl anymore". Thats how some of the boardmembers sound like. Childish and plainly stupid. You know why Axl doesnt give us a statement. Because it could bite him back in the ass if it doesn't happen. Would you then be happy? He is just as frustrated as all of you. To make this all work takes allot of time. Time you all wouldn't even imagine it would take. And noooo not the supposibly 10 years in the making. That is bullshit. The bandmembers are kinda roulating aren't they? When did we first saw Richard Fortus? 2000 or something? Get my drift? Ohh and isn't buckethead gone? Wouldn't that take time to sort it out.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: