Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:59:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do You think Axl is jealous...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You think Axl is jealous...  (Read 17056 times)
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2005, 08:47:03 PM »

It all depends on what axl considers success. If its geting on the charts, mtv, and selling 10 million records.... then he is going to be pretty jealous of VR. Because axl has a lot of factors going against him

1) When was the last time you heard a high pitched metal voice on modern radio... that type of vocal styling is not in vogue anymore... whereas weildand's voice is and so is the music the VR are making.

2) The complex arrangements and epic tunes axl is rumored to be working on will not find there way on to commercial radio. November rain did well but once a band has the clout gnr did back then you can release anything and get away it.

3) lack of commercial radio play will mean less 'band wagon' record sales. I mean the 12-15 year old who buy whatever is cool.

Don't get me wrong I have no doubt axl is going to create a masterpiece. Whether that transfers into millions of records remains to be seen.

But i think axl is not jealous because he obviously working on artistic merrit and not commercial success or else he'd would have never let slash n the boyz quit.

Axl could have put out a contraband if he wanted... obviously thats not his goal

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
DaBrookman
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2005, 08:56:05 PM »

I dont think Axl cares what VR does. Just wait til his album drops then you will know if he is a failure.
You called Axls 2002 tour a failure but he sold more tix than VR did on their sucessful tour. Go figure.

I didn't say the tour was a failure, I said it was a failed tour, it ended miserably. And there's no way I believe that they sold more tix than VR. No way, show me the figures...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2005, 10:05:13 PM »

axl is more than a high pitched voice dude

and probably there hasnt been any because axl's vocal style is a one in a lifetime voice

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2005, 10:31:04 PM »

I dont think Axl cares what VR does. Just wait til his album drops then you will know if he is a failure.
You called Axls 2002 tour a failure but he sold more tix than VR did on their sucessful tour. Go figure.

I didn't say the tour was a failure, I said it was a failed tour, it ended miserably. And there's no way I believe that they sold more tix than VR. No way, show me the figures...

Its really simple. Look at the venues gnr played and the ones VR played.
Gnr played areanas while VR play clubs. Even when gnr half filled Areanas its still more people buying tix to that show than when VR sell out a club.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2005, 10:56:57 PM »

don't forget the highly succesfull asia-and european tour lol headbanger

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2005, 11:01:17 PM »

It all depends on what axl considers success. If its geting on the charts, mtv, and selling 10 million records.... then he is going to be pretty jealous of VR. Because axl has a lot of factors going against him

1) When was the last time you heard a high pitched metal voice on modern radio... that type of vocal styling is not in vogue anymore... whereas weildand's voice is and so is the music the VR are making.

2) The complex arrangements and epic tunes axl is rumored to be working on will not find there way on to commercial radio. November rain did well but once a band has the clout gnr did back then you can release anything and get away it.

3) lack of commercial radio play will mean less 'band wagon' record sales. I mean the 12-15 year old who buy whatever is cool.

Don't get me wrong I have no doubt axl is going to create a masterpiece. Whether that transfers into millions of records remains to be seen.

But i think axl is not jealous because he obviously working on artistic merrit and not commercial success or else he'd would have never let slash n the boyz quit.

Axl could have put out a contraband if he wanted... obviously thats not his goal
Great post! peace

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DaBrookman
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2005, 01:54:37 AM »

Gnr played areanas while VR play clubs. Even when gnr half filled Areanas its still more people buying tix to that show than when VR sell out a club.

Dude, VR dosen't play clubs. Maybe they did some club dates in the beginning, but they play the same size venues as GNR was doing.  Shit, here they sold out two nights at the Wiltern in like minutes.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2005, 02:14:37 AM »

Gnr played areanas while VR play clubs. Even when gnr half filled Areanas its still more people buying tix to that show than when VR sell out a club
Dude, VR dosen't play clubs. Maybe they did some club dates in the beginning, but they play the same size venues as GNR was doing.  Shit, here they sold out two nights at the Wiltern in like minutes.
GNR did the same thing - but in NY-MSG!!!! Also, they sold out Phillys (even if it blew up) and Boston, I guess. Big fuckin' venues! rant

DaBrookman
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2005, 02:48:16 AM »

From the reports that I heard, NY and Philly were the only sell-outs. The rest of the US shows were half to two thirds capacity.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2005, 05:21:49 AM »

The  name solely didn't sell tickets so much then.

The next round will be totally different.
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2005, 01:38:42 PM »

I don't think that Axl at this point thinks very much in terms of what other people expect. If VR wins or not a grammy is of no concern to the vision that Axl has of making a music revolution with the new album he has been preparing for the last decade. Of course some personal feelings have to be triggered by this kind of events, but Axl has a greater goal with his music. The thing with VR is that they keep doing what they have always done but suddenly it has become cool cause its kind of retro. If VR would have come out 5 years ago it would have been a comercial disaster, things are like that, sometimes you are at the right place, at the right time. But by no means VR music is going for the same goal that Axl's music is going, so they are not even direct competition.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2005, 03:06:41 PM »

I think there must be some added pressure given the sucess of VR. They have really exceeded all expectations.
Axl seems like a competitive guy (especially with "Round 1" and the many disses on Slash etc.. ) so he'll want to show the world that he did the right thing by dis-lodging the greatest American rock band ever and replacing these legends with a band full of circus-like characters.

wtf? circus like characters? more like some of the most talented musicans in the music scene today... if you dont like gnr, what are you doing on a gnr forum?

but no, axl isn't jealous of $lash and Puff.. hell no.   He probably doesn't give a fuck, and when he releases his album its gonna blow the fuck out of contraband and every other band out there today.

I do like GN'R, love them infact... have been listening since 1988, you?
The new line-up is unproven, so arguing old vs. new is redundant at best.
And yes, the new line up does have a circus-like image, in look as well as reputation

anyway im going to stop now as I'm reminded of a quote "only an idiot argues with an idiot"

Its not about arguing old vs. new.. its about what is GnR TODAY?  the old band broke up a long time ago, so in my opinion discussing them is redundant.   If someone doesn't like GnR (meaning GnR today), they should not be at a gnr forum.  they'd be happier, less of a nuisance, and better off somewhere else.
DaBrookman
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2005, 03:19:25 PM »

Its not about arguing old vs. new.. its about what is GnR TODAY? the old band broke up a long time ago, so in my opinion discussing them is redundant. If someone doesn't like GnR (meaning GnR today), they should not be at a gnr forum. they'd be happier, less of a nuisance, and better off somewhere else.

LOL, now don't get mad, I don't want to be a nuisance and inconvenience you, but what is there about GNR today? What do they offer to be a fan? There's a never ending rotation of members, they haven't released any new music, they cancelled shows last minute on the fans. I mean i'm not going to be a blind fan and say, "Oh JoeSchmo is the new guitarist? Cool!" I'd like the minimal respect fans get, music on a timely basis, shows I can expect to see, some bands fight tooth and nail just to get along - for the fans. Now I have always been an Axl fan, and am looking forward to CD. But as a fan I am so disappointed. Someone might say something like, "Well you don't know what's going on" but just as a fan I know that I haven't been offered any substantial new music in too many YEARS by this artist I've been loyal to.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 03:21:51 PM by DaBrookman » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2005, 03:22:38 PM »

LOL, now don't get mad, I don't want to be a nuisance and inconvenience you, but what is there about GNR today? What do they offer to be a fan? There's a never ending rotation of members, they haven't released any new music, they cancelled shows last minute on the fans. I mean i'm not going to be a blind fan and say, "Oh JoeSchmo is the new guitarist? Cool!" I'd like the minimal respect fans get, music on a timely basis, shows I can expect to see, some fans fight tooth and nail just to get along - for the fans. Now I have always been an Axl fan, and am looking forward to CD. But as a fan I am so disappointed. Someone might say something like, "Well you don't know what's going on" but just as a fan I know that i haven't been given any substantial new music in YEARS by this artist I've been loyal to.

You are the one who chooses to wait for the music..  Axl doesn't owe you anything, any money you've paid for GnR stuff you've gotten.   Axl is entitled to take all the time he needs.  If you want to support it, thats awesome.. you should.  but if you dont. it just makes me wonder why someone like that would be here other then to be a tool.   i want the music just as bad as the next guy, but whining about it like mike liuga or whatever that crybaby's name is, on an internet message board isn't going to accomplish a damn thing.   Live your life, like Axl said, and someday CD will be in your hands..
DaBrookman
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2005, 03:29:11 PM »

You are the one who chooses to wait for the music.. Axl doesn't owe you anything, any money you've paid for GnR stuff you've gotten. Axl is entitled to take all the time he needs. If you want to support it, thats awesome.. you should. but if you dont. it just makes me wonder why someone like that would be here other then to be a tool. i want the music just as bad as the next guy, but whining about it like mike liuga or whatever that crybaby's name is, on an internet message board isn't going to accomplish a damn thing. Live your life, like Axl said, and someday CD will be in your hands..

Wow, you are a big fan. I gave up on waiting for a new CD years ago. And If I die tomorrow, my spirit is gonna be pissed that I didn't get to enjoy new music from my favorite artist for the last twelve years of my life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2005, 03:34:04 PM »

The? name solely didn't sell tickets so much then.
nice,?? Cheesy sooo right lol, can we have the next round soon please?? phone

If someone doesn't like GnR (meaning GnR today), they should not be at a gnr forum.?
tru, there's lots of supportpages 4 rapidfire, oldgnr and hollywoodrose around lol? Smiley and other good oldies? Wink

i think this section is mainly a forum 4 gunsnroses fans? they rock anyway and i don't think axl's jealous? peace

ps\ though i love 2 read about axl's previous projects- hollywood rose rocked headbanger
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 04:07:50 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2005, 03:35:35 PM »

If someone doesn't like GnR (meaning GnR today), they should not be at a gnr forum. 
tru, there's lots of supportpages 4 rapidfire, oldgnr and hollywoodrose around lol  Smiley and other good oldies  Wink

i think this section is mainly a forum 4 gunsnroses fans? they rock anyway and i don't think axl's jealous  peace

yes, guns n roses of TODAY.  the ex-members imo have no place here.
DaBrookman
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2005, 03:38:14 PM »

Ah, I'm sorry, I'm just tryin to be funny. I mean honestly i'm a lil pissed that this band is called Guns N' Roses, but believe it or not, I do support it and axl's the Man. I'll respect the forum guys...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2005, 04:01:41 PM »

Ah, I'm sorry, I'm just tryin to be funny. I mean honestly i'm a lil pissed that this band is called Guns N' Roses, but believe it or not, I do support it and axl's the Man. I'll respect the forum guys...

I was pissed at first too.. but I look at it this way.  GnR was a band formed by Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin, long before $lash or them came into the picture.. By the UYI Albums, Axl had taken over the bands musical direction, he was the leader of the band.  The other guys quit one by one later on down the road.. what was axl supposed to do?  GnR WAS IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE his baby.  He didnt' want to give it up like the other guys, it was more important to him.  And I do not believe Axl would work with anything less then top notch musicans.  I saw the band myself and I'm proud to call it Guns N' Roses.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2005, 04:37:31 PM »

I think there must be some added pressure given the sucess of VR. They have really exceeded all expectations.
Axl seems like a competitive guy (especially with "Round 1" and the many disses on Slash etc.. ) so he'll want to show the world that he did the right thing by dis-lodging the greatest American rock band ever and replacing these legends with a band full of circus-like characters.

wtf? circus like characters? more like some of the most talented musicans in the music scene today... if you dont like gnr, what are you doing on a gnr forum?

but no, axl isn't jealous of $lash and Puff.. hell no.? ?He probably doesn't give a fuck, and when he releases his album its gonna blow the fuck out of contraband and every other band out there today.

I do like GN'R, love them infact... have been listening since 1988, you?
The new line-up is unproven, so arguing old vs. new is redundant at best.
And yes, the new line up does have a circus-like image, in look as well as reputation

anyway im going to stop now as I'm reminded of a quote "only an idiot argues with an idiot"

Its not about arguing old vs. new.. its about what is GnR TODAY?? the old band broke up a long time ago, so in my opinion discussing them is redundant.? ?If someone doesn't like GnR (meaning GnR today), they should not be at a gnr forum.? they'd be happier, less of a nuisance, and better off somewhere else.

I have stated nothing derogatory regarding nu-gn'r, perhaps if you read my posts again you will see that. I am merely contributing to the discussion of whether or not Axl is jealous of VR's success to which I have stated I think VR's success will contribute to Axl's competitive spirit.

I am here to have reasoned discussions, i'm not going to blindly accept Axl's word as gospel (nor VR's for that matter)and I will look at things rationally and will state my opinion accordingly...

Nuisance? That is rich coming from you? hihi

Peace? beer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 05:44:28 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: