Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:47:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do You think Axl is jealous...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You think Axl is jealous...  (Read 17027 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2005, 03:26:59 PM »

Well, Izzy said some unnecessary things about Axl a few years ago in an interview, so I hope he doesn't jump on the "bash Axl" bandwagon since the other guys are.?

What bandwagon?? How could he jump on a bandwagon when 1) Hes been saying the same things for years and 2) He was in GNR? 

And how have the other guys bashed Axl?? I guarantee anything you reference is more along the lines of informed, honest opinion than malicious bashing.

They say they're the best band in the world, and all the other bands out there today suck because they're young and they don't know what real music is, etc.?

Id like to see where they say all other bands out there suck because theyre young and dont know what real is...Until you provide such a quote, Ill just assume that youre lying to prove your point.

And maybe Axl hasn't been the nicest guy in the world, but there is such a thing as "being the bigger man".?

By telling them to suck his dick?? By calling Slash a liar?? I dont exactly know what youre talking about here.?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 03:30:54 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2005, 06:29:15 PM »

Well, Izzy said some unnecessary things about Axl a few years ago in an interview, so I hope he doesn't jump on the "bash Axl" bandwagon since the other guys are.?

What bandwagon?? How could he jump on a bandwagon when 1) Hes been saying the same things for years and 2) He was in GNR??

And how have the other guys bashed Axl?? I guarantee anything you reference is more along the lines of informed, honest opinion than malicious bashing.

They say they're the best band in the world, and all the other bands out there today suck because they're young and they don't know what real music is, etc.?

Id like to see where they say all other bands out there suck because theyre young and dont know what real is...Until you provide such a quote, Ill just assume that youre lying to prove your point.

And maybe Axl hasn't been the nicest guy in the world, but there is such a thing as "being the bigger man".?

By telling them to suck his dick?? By calling Slash a liar?? I dont exactly know what youre talking about here.?
I meant that even though Axl says negative things about them, they can be the bigger men by not responding to what Axl does.

About Izzy, I meant that I hope he doesn't start calling Axl crazy, etc. in interviews since that's what his friends do.  And, from what I've read, Izzy never said anything too harsh about Axl except for one interview a few years ago. 
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2005, 06:38:12 PM »

...of Velver Revolver? I remember when he said that he had watched Slash "throw his career away" and implied that Slash's rock style was outdated. I remember when he victoriously announced that he had won "Round 1" at the MTV awards. Since then, a failed tour then...nothing. The boat has all but sailed on Axl's hopes to update GNR. In the meantime I can't help but wonder if VR is doing all the things that Axl hoped to do: appealing to a younger audience, getting played on modern rock stations, hanging out with Bono and Elton at big events, etc... do you think Axl wishes Slash and co. the best, or is he seething with anger? I would never count Axl out, but I am curious if he's feeling some extra pressure.

Roll Eyes oh!,  Axl is jealous cuz Slash has a better singer today, Scott sings nice more  than Axl n'  Scott gotta inject heroine before to get on stage...oh yeah u're right!,... now I see why Axl gets jealous these times  hihi rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

Actually, maybe Axl is a little jealous because Izzy will play with them.  That's the only good thing they've got going for them.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2005, 06:52:59 PM »

Actually, maybe Axl is a little jealous because Izzy will play with them.? That's the only good thing they've got going for them.

no oh poor Izzy, scott will disturb him with his cocaine smoke before they get on stage  smoking 
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2005, 06:59:30 PM »

Actually, maybe Axl is a little jealous because Izzy will play with them.? That's the only good thing they've got going for them.

? no oh poor Izzy, scott will disturb him with his cocaine smoke before they get on stage? smoking?
Who knows...as long as Izzy's happy, to hell with everyone else, right??

« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 07:04:23 PM by a fan » Logged
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2005, 07:06:05 PM »

? no oh poor Izzy, scott will disturb him with his cocaine smoke before they get on stage? smoking?

ok, tell us then! how long have ya been smoking crack? to hell with ur  health then, right?  Roll Eyes
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2005, 07:13:23 PM »

ok, tell us then! how long have ya been smoking crack? to hell with ur? health then, right?? Roll Eyes
No, but if someone does something Izzy doesn't like, he just throws a fit and does an interview saying that he doesn't need to do interviews because he's above that.  So, in other words, I don't think Izzy would hang around them if Scott was openly using drugs like that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 07:24:19 PM by a fan » Logged
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2005, 07:37:16 PM »

I think that Axl might have been jelous, before he've heared the VR record. The album is very weak and I don't know why it became so popular, but maybe times are different.
Whatever Axl will do, it will destroy VR and people will forget about them. And who said that the singels will only by epic balladas. Maybe the first single will be Cheinese Democracy itselfe? The GN'R sound is more colorful, powerful and it's closer to legend, then VR sound ever will be.

MoonMax smoking

BTW Is it true that Izzy will play with VR or You are just joking Huh
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2005, 07:49:22 PM »

I think that Axl might have been jelous, before he've heared the VR record. The album is very weak and I don't know why it became so popular, but maybe times are different.
Whatever Axl will do, it will destroy VR and people will forget about them. And who said that the singels will only by epic balladas. Maybe the first single will be Cheinese Democracy itselfe? The GN'R sound is more colorful, powerful and it's closer to legend, then VR sound ever will be.

MoonMax smoking

I meant that Izzy has played with VR in the past.  He recorded with them.  He joined them for three shows last September, etc.  So he is on friendly terms with them.  I don't know if he'll play with them again in the future.

I haven't heard Contraband, and I don't plan to.  But who knows what the future will bring?  I've read the lyrics to the songs though, and they weren't anything special.  I've seen their videos and heard their singles, and they didn't do anything for me either. 

Lots of music is bad these days, but it sells anyway for one reason or another.  It's not about the music.
usurper
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2005, 11:39:23 AM »

MoonMax smoking

I meant that Izzy has played with VR in the past.? He recorded with them.? He joined them for three shows last September, etc.? So he is on friendly terms with them.? I don't know if he'll play with them again in the future.

I haven't heard Contraband, and I don't plan to.? But who knows what the future will bring?? I've read the lyrics to the songs though, and they weren't anything special.? I've seen their videos and heard their singles, and they didn't do anything for me either.?

Lots of music is bad these days, but it sells anyway for one reason or another.? It's not about the music.

He did not record with VR, did he? Huh I am not sure. Neither Izzy nor VR said anything
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2005, 11:55:06 AM »

He did not record with VR, did he? Huh I am not sure. Neither Izzy nor VR said anything

Not positive, but the songs he wrote with them were recorded at least.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2005, 04:47:35 PM »

I recall Axl saying that 'there are some neat bits and parts' on the other guys' solo efforts...
something along the lines of what they were doing not right for the next Guns' album.

i've never heard Axl putting down Slash or Duff's musical talents/abilities...
so i dont' think he thinks they 'suck' or anything like that
i think he can recognize things he likes about what VR has produced..
but by no means do i believe he is sitting back thinking 'oh i wish i had done that'
another thing i remember is how way back in the day Axl said they could listen to a song and say something like - cool riff.... or cool bass line...  but still dismiss an entire song otherwise.
same thing with liking a song by a particular band but not per se being a fan of the band
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2005, 12:04:17 AM »

NO

the one an only horsey !
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2005, 10:48:13 AM »

I'm sure his not jealous at all. The work he will release "soon" will be a  much perfect piece of music.

Regarding contraband, only ygnr, loving the alien and stblues are good songs in my opinion, which of course, is as good as anyone elses. The album seems to repetitive for me, and surely from what we've already heard, chinese democracy will be anything but repetitive.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2005, 11:06:41 AM »

Maybe not jealous but I'm sure he feels the competition so to speak. I'm pretty sure if VR are planning to release a follow up album circa xmas, this will be enough of an incentive for Axl to finally release CD beforehand.

Here today...ready to rock
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2005, 12:26:58 PM »

I'm sure his not jealous at all. The work he will release "soon" will be a? much perfect piece of music.

Regarding contraband, only ygnr, loving the alien and stblues are good songs in my opinion, which of course, is as good as anyone elses. The album seems to repetitive for me, and surely from what we've already heard, chinese democracy will be anything but repetitive.

Madagascar is pretty darn repetitive if you ask me. The Rhiad & Bedions song even more so.
usurper
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2005, 01:03:14 PM »

I'm sure his not jealous at all. The work he will release "soon" will be a? much perfect piece of music.

Madagascar is pretty darn repetitive if you ask me. The Rhiad & Bedions song even more so.

Madagscar repetitive? Sometimes but still my 2nd favourite new song, apparently studio version is soooooooooo good that it is like a heavinly angel choir singing into your ears, and that is not a bad thing
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2005, 01:38:35 PM »

apparently studio version is soooooooooo good that it is like a heavinly angel choir singing into your ears, and that is not a bad thing

Huh hihi

Where did you get this?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2005, 01:55:25 PM »

apparently studio version is soooooooooo good that it is like a heavinly angel choir singing into your ears, and that is not a bad thing

Huh hihi

Where did you get this?
me. Huh hihi hihi
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: