Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:31:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hookers N' Blow at Foxwoods Rocked (pics included)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hookers N' Blow at Foxwoods Rocked (pics included)  (Read 10385 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: February 12, 2005, 03:57:22 PM »

I just got home from our outing last night with Hookers N' Blow. HOLY SHIT THESE GUYS ROCK!!!

This was my first time seeing them in action and I was thoroughly entertained the entire time. We got to the Hard Rock about two hours before the show started. When it came time for the band to come on, the Hard Rock manager asked if we wouldn't mind moving our (very nice) seats at the bar in order to make room for people to dance. With a wink he tells me, "don't worry, I'll hook you up." Ten minute later my wife and I are sitting at a pub table right up agains the stage...right in front of Dizzy's keyboard.

Just as the show was about to start, I ran to the bathroom to take a final squirt and who walks in behind me...Scotty (H&B guitarist, singer). I had to laugh.

Enough of that. The show started and I told my wife that they sometimes play some GN'R, some Aerosmith and some Stone (not really sure what the band had up their sleeve for that evening). Sure enough they opened with It's So Easy, followed by Mama Kin and Brown Sugar! Other songs included in the set were Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, You're Crazy, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Patience and an AWESOME version of BOC's Godzilla. During the set, Scotty mentioned that this was one of their last gigs (and that it was the drummer's last as he was asked to tour with another band...not sure which). Dizzy later reiterated this and mentioned that Guns would be on the road later this year!? ok

The band was having an awesome time, it seemed. At one point, Scotty looked down at our table and read "the note" I scribbled on a napkin that read "FREE BEER 4 CHINESE D. INFO!" He laughed his ass off and showed it to Dizzy who asked me to hold it up. One of his roadies came over then and took a picture of my wife and I holding up the napkin note. Very cool!? ok

After the show, I headed back to the bathroom and I open the door and there's Dizzy and two other guys talking business. I excused myself to walk passed them and did my business while trying to hear what they were talking about (which was about more touring, although I didn't stick around long enough to get any details). Figuring that might have been the only chance I had to meet Dizzy, I politely interrupted and said "My wife and I drove 4 hours spur of the moment to see you guys and you fuckin' rocked!" He thanked me and I left.

I thought the night was over and that we'd hit the Black Jack tables before heading back to the hotel, but a few minutes later, Scotty came over to us and we bought him a drink for his birthday. We chatted for a little while and he was saying how cool of a guy Dizzy is for putting this gig together and about how much fun they all have. I asked him if he had heard anything from CD and he said only what was played live...and he loved it. He then asked if we had a chance to meet Dizzy yet. I said not really and he told me to wait around for a few more minutes. 5 minutes later he waved my wife and I over to where he and Dizzy were talking. He introduced us to Dizzy and we chatted with him for a bit. I reiterrated how much we loved the show and eventually I got around to mentioning MSG. He asked if I was there and I told him yes. He then put his arm around me and he says "don't tell anyone I said this, but THAT show was the best show I've ever played in all the years I've been with Guns!" He was very sincere about this, although I'm not sure why he prefaced it with "don't tell anyone I said this." Hope you don't mind I shared the info, Dizzy? peace? We chatted a bit more just about music and he signed my Use Your Illusion I cd. I didn't ask about CD simply because it didn't seem appropriate at the moment.

All in all, it was an awesome show and I'm thoroughly hung over this morning.? Lips Sealed? ?Tongue

If you're curious, check out some of the pics I took at the show!

SCROLL DOWN PAGE TO POST WITH IMBEDDED PICS
SORRY FOR THE DELAY  Tongue

« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 10:28:08 PM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 04:10:27 PM »

Dizzy later reiterated this and mentioned that Guns would be on the road later this year!

that's awesome to hear... I'm looking forward to CD all right - but seeing them live again - thats gonna be surreal!
(after 12/6 - i thought that i'd seen the last gnr show ever at msg Sad )

I got around to mentioning MSG. He asked if I was there and I told him yes. He then put his arm around me and he says "don't tell anyone I said this, but THAT show was the best show I've ever played in all the years I've been with Guns!"

i was there also.. yes it was a GREAT show!  and its so cool to hear Dizzy saying this.  thanks for sharing...
i think the 'don't tell anyone I said this, but" was just a figure of speech Wink
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 04:13:39 PM »

I'm having no luck with the pics.   confused

-F
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 04:41:32 PM »

me neither, thanks 4 sharing sinshine, must have been really cool  Cool

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 04:44:32 PM »

Thanks for that Sinshine, awesome write up.

Dizzy's a legend, I've always thought so!  Grin
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 04:47:17 PM »

Cool for you !!
 ok
well... tour this tear??

.............. "it?s gonna be greeeeeeeeat!" - Joey Tribiani

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 04:54:46 PM »

Me too having no luck with the pics, Funeral.

He asked if I was there and I told him yes. He then put his arm around me and he says "don't tell anyone I said this, but THAT show was the best show I've ever played in all the years I've been with Guns!" He was very sincere about this, although I'm not sure why he prefaced it with "don't tell anyone I said this." Hope you don't mind I shared the info, Dizzy  peace 
Leak! Tip-off!! You Telltale!!! Look what people return for sincerity. Geez... no
And to another crying shame, you and your lady didnt suggest the idea of the Chinese fortune cookies to Dizzy.

However, Thanks. Good read. ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 05:03:52 PM »

Good to hear you enjoyed the show.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 05:06:39 PM »

Dizzy later reiterated this and mentioned that Guns would be on the road later this year!

that's awesome to hear... I'm looking forward to CD all right - but seeing them live again - thats gonna be surreal!
(after 12/6 - i thought that i'd seen the last gnr show ever at msg Sad )

I got around to mentioning MSG. He asked if I was there and I told him yes. He then put his arm around me and he says "don't tell anyone I said this, but THAT show was the best show I've ever played in all the years I've been with Guns!"

LOL...yeah, it might have been just an expression. But it was the WAY he said it (and said it more than once..."don't say I said so"). As soon as he started with that phrase my wife and I thought he was gonna give us some inside info, but still, it was great to hear him say that about the MSG show  ok
i was there also.. yes it was a GREAT show!? and its so cool to hear Dizzy saying this.? thanks for sharing...
i think the 'don't tell anyone I said this, but" was just a figure of speech Wink

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 05:09:17 PM »

I'm having no luck with the pics.? ?confused

-F

My bad. Although the link seems to be working for me. Try this one and scroll through them individually.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelescully/detail?.dir=/6046&.dnm=a0dd.jpg&.src=ph

geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 06:34:57 PM »

still no luck with the pics no
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2005, 08:05:57 PM »

How do I post the pics directly into this message? That might be the easiest.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 09:19:53 PM »

www.tinypic.com

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 10:26:54 PM »

Let's try this...

StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 11:54:55 PM »

thats awsome  ok

StoneTempleRoses

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 12:45:45 AM »

Great story  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print