Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:20:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mtv Zack Wylde article
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mtv Zack Wylde article  (Read 4942 times)
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« on: February 07, 2005, 08:48:13 AM »

I was just on MTV reading a few headlines, and one of them was about Zack Wylde and his own band Black Label Society. They got a new album commin out and in one of his songs the writer of the article goes on to say Zacks vocals sound like a cross between Ozzy and Axl. The song is called "Suicide Messiah". Im a big fan of Wydle and BLS I think it would be awsome to have Wydle in the Guns N Roses, I know he was there before when slash was still around but right now would be an awsome time to get wylde, it wil get some publicity for the band, attach new fans to GNR plus he is a fuckin incredible guitar player in my eyes he is the best fit for Axl and Co.
aRs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 09:21:26 AM »

Zakk Wylde is great guitarist! I love his work with Ozzy Osbourne!  beer

The best Guns N' Roses brazilian forum
www.gnrsuicide.cjb.net
captain_corona
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts Now

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 09:31:31 AM »

i read in a total guitar magazine that zakk had already played for GN'R but left after 2 weeks cos he couldn't get on with axl

if i could just say a few more words i'd be a better public speaker
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 09:40:46 AM »

I think if Axl would release material or videos or any kind of product  he would be able to get a guitarist like Zakk Wylde to be a member,....

Zakk with axl would rule but people like Zakk Wylde like to have thier music released and not held up by legal matters or vocal tweeking or any of the other delays that axl seems to always have..

If Axl would act a little more "normal" and not so god damn weird all the time then he could prob keep artists like Zakk Wylde or Josh Freese or Buckethead interested in the material that hes making....

dangnr
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 09:47:27 AM »

Zack is a way better fit in the GUns camp than buckethead, dont get me wrong buckethead is a great guitarist but seeing Axl on stage with him had a weird feeling to it, His persona i dont think fit within GUns. Wylde however would be perfect, Dealing with Axl must be kinda hard for a musician though because your doing all this work and no one is getting to see the fruits of your labor.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 11:03:09 AM »

Zack drinks too much and is far 2 extreme 4 Axl to deal with. I know a few people that work for him and have told me stories that make it clear why he is not in GnR such as the due goes a week at a time without showering and has been so drunk that he just takes a dump in his pants.  I've also seen him drinking on stage and having the beer run down his beard.  I dont see how that would work for Axl.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 11:43:14 AM »

Zack drinks too much and is far 2 extreme 4 Axl to deal with. I know a few people that work for him and have told me stories that make it clear why he is not in GnR such as the due goes a week at a time without showering and has been so drunk that he just takes a dump in his pants.? I've also seen him drinking on stage and having the beer run down his beard.? I dont see how that would work for Axl.

I dont see how thats any different from having ppl like slash, duff, or steven as bandmates
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 12:16:07 PM »

well thats why axl no longer works with them... he went a different direction with the band in that part of those members lives.  zack lives like the original gnr did, and axl no longer desires that lifestyle...  zack plays stuff and wants it out immediately, whereas axl is a perfectionist and the two personalities wouldn't work with the current status of gnr

Mike
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 12:22:55 PM »

I was just on MTV reading a few headlines, and one of them was about Zack Wylde and his own band Black Label Society. They got a new album commin out and in one of his songs the writer of the article goes on to say Zacks vocals sound like a cross between Ozzy and Axl. The song is called "Suicide Messiah". Im a big fan of Wydle and BLS I think it would be awsome to have Wydle in the Guns N Roses, I know he was there before when slash was still around but right now would be an awsome time to get wylde, it wil get some publicity for the band, attach new fans to GNR plus he is a fuckin incredible guitar player in my eyes he is the best fit for Axl and Co.

FYI, I've heard the song the other day.  "Stillborn" was better.  The acoustic "Planet of Sound" version of "Stillborn" was WAAAAYYYY better.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 02:37:34 PM »

Wylde man is a great guitarist and if he joined GNR he  would defnitly give them a nice shot of the bad ass rock n roll lifestyle, but I dont really see it happening

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 04:49:53 PM »

If Wylde joined GNR he would shove his guitar up Axl's ass within five minutes, and that'd be the end of their partnership.  The only time they'd talk after that would be when Zakk needed to reach down Axl's throat to tune his guitar.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 05:24:42 PM »

Zakk woulda stayed with GNR when he 1st started with them had it not been for stupid lawyers getting between zakk and axl and claiming zakk wanted a million upfront and his own tour bus. Thats straight from Zakks mouth.

Also , last year in guitar world in an interview he went on to say that axl should "just call the old band ... I mean I think the new band are great musicians but goddamn , how hard would it be to get slash on the phone and get together and make an album that pisses all over AFD?!"

Moreover , Zakk wouldnt do the "gnr" thing now .. it would be crazy .. right now BLS is TWICE as popular as GNR and Zakks fans are HARDCORE DEVOTED!!

Go check his forum sometime if you wanna see how devoted his SDMF'ers are!

Zakk in GNR would be great but it just aint gonna happen.

dangnr
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 09:35:03 PM »

spoke in the sheel-BLS awsome song and soo is stillborn
jgfnsr
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 10:21:14 PM »

I love Zakk Wylde as a guitarist.

But as a guitarist for GN'R?  No way.

GN'R is a hard-rock band. 

Zakk is heavy-metal.

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 12:13:33 AM »

bls is twice as popular as gnr?  gnr can still sell out msg and their music is always on the radio.  when was the last time bls headlined an arena tour and was on the radio?  bls is nothing compared to gnr.  they are a cool metal band. thats it.  CD will be art.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 03:49:38 AM »

Zakk woulda stayed with GNR when he 1st started with them had it not been for stupid lawyers getting between zakk and axl and claiming zakk wanted a million upfront and his own tour bus. Thats straight from Zakks mouth.

Also , last year in guitar world in an interview he went on to say that axl should "just call the old band ... I mean I think the new band are great musicians but goddamn , how hard would it be to get slash on the phone and get together and make an album that pisses all over AFD?!"

I remember that quote from Zakk... Axl wanted Zakk,  and Zakk wanted to work with Axl.. like they said the lawyers fucked it up...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2005, 12:37:40 PM »

I love Zakk Wylde as a guitarist.

But as a guitarist for GN'R?? No way.

GN'R is a hard-rock band. 

Zakk is heavy-metal.

We will see it and hear it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2005, 12:45:36 PM »

Zakk is a one-trick pony. He plays one solo in every song he does.

So I don't want him in GN'R.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2005, 12:50:36 PM »

bls is twice as popular as gnr?  gnr can still sell out msg and their music is always on the radio.  when was the last time bls headlined an arena tour and was on the radio?  bls is nothing compared to gnr.  they are a cool metal band. thats it.  CD will be art.

Roll Eyes

Can "they" still sell out MSG? I remember they did way back in 2002 ... but that was the same band who played for 5000 people in a half empty areana a couple nights before that. You talk about GNR being on the radio all the time .. I agree , the classic gnr lineup IS on the radio all the time .. not this lineup. Thats like me saying that BLS are on the radio all the time because Zakk is on the radio playing Ozzy tunes all the time.

Let's put it this way , which band has sold more albums , new gnr or BLS.  Exactly.

I'm sure if democracy is the album we hope there will be no question though and GNR will again wear the hard rock crown.

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2005, 01:47:53 PM »

I remember that quote from Zakk... Axl wanted Zakk,  and Zakk wanted to work with Axl.. like they said the lawyers fucked it up...

If they really wanted to work together, they would have worked it out.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: