Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Actual GNR musicians and fan questions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Actual GNR musicians and fan questions.  (Read 9187 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 05:08:21 PM »

I know you were in the UK for those Britsh VR shows a few weeks ago...did you think about trying to get an interview with those guys?

No, I didn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 05:26:25 PM »

When asked about Chinese Democracy, all the GN'R members would have to say is "no comment" or "I'm not at liberty to discuss the status of the Guns N' Roses album". 

And then move on with "Next question, please."

They could say this nicely and in a serious manner. I'm sure it get's old hearing questions about another album on their own tour supporting their project. But then again it's expected and comes with the territory. In my opinion, it was a mistake to ever throw all of these teases some of the members have done already. It only causes misguided hopes.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2005, 06:07:43 PM »

Don't you think it pisses them off to have fans ask them over and over again, wherever they go and even when they play with other bands:

" when is chinese democracy coming ooooooout" ?

if u're a rock star you gotta resist every kind of shit that you might find into your life, you can't be a famous guy while you just wish to hear the silence around ur ears, so that's the price gnr has to pay, so if i might see Axl face to face I'd make the same question too  smoking
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2005, 03:54:44 PM »

Don't you think it pisses them off to have fans ask them over and over again, wherever they go and even when they play with other bands:

Well Jessica,

Although I understand what you're saying and I have even thought that myself sometimes...I don't care if it pisses them off...

We've all got to work...we've all put our time in on something or some sort of project.

Just because it is a lot of work to put together an album doesn't mean we should all be left in the dark regarding the album's progression...ESPECIALLY when we were promised a new album before the end of the 20th century.

There may be ways to defend your point of view...but and album being a lot of work sure as hell ain't one of 'em.
Philly Rose
Crazy AND German
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2005, 04:44:43 PM »

no the gnr members are suffering, nah are flying under estranged patience - you should know that  hihi

Forget about me. You can't tell me.
jgfnsr
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2005, 08:28:16 PM »

When it comes right down to it, the rest of the band-members are in the same position as the fans are. 

Yes they know and have worked with Axl, and helped make Chinese Democracy, but it is ultimately out of their hands as to when it will be released.

They're obviously anxious and waiting just like us...
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2005, 09:10:47 PM »

"no comment" or "I'm not at liberty to discuss the status of the Guns N' Roses album".?

i think that would be the most controversial reply they could make!  Grin
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2005, 07:06:41 AM »

maybe if they got sick of it they could pressure mr rose into breaking his silence or something...

Its ok to ask them i think...
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2005, 07:01:49 PM »

When it comes right down to it, the rest of the band-members are in the same position as the fans are.?

Yes they know and have worked with Axl, and helped make Chinese Democracy, but it is ultimately out of their hands as to when it will be released.

They're obviously anxious and waiting just like us...

rofl...don't ya think they also can give their own opinions to help the band ?...if Axl wished those guys to be there to play with him it's just cuz he need'em all to make a band called GNR, if not! so Axl would be around on tour without them honestly, Axl would sell his shows as tommy lee does it these days! Roll Eyes , new gnr members have much to do with the band these days...the new album is on their hands too   smoking
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2005, 08:00:33 PM »

Some people were disappointed because I didn't ask Tommy more about GN'R when I talked to him. But he wasn't there to promote GN'R. The fact that he cared to answer the questions I had about GN'R, I consider that to be a nice bonus.

/jarmo

Yes, but you must remember that a lot of HTGTH members and GNR fans in general , woudn't give a fuck about Tommy Stinson, or Richard Fortus, or any other newGNR members. Guns N' Roses gave them the chance to show that they are indeed great musicians ( a chance which Bucket grabbed with both hands Grin) , so none of them should complain.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2005, 08:06:26 PM »

Some people were disappointed because I didn't ask Tommy more about GN'R when I talked to him. But he wasn't there to promote GN'R. The fact that he cared to answer the questions I had about GN'R, I consider that to be a nice bonus.

/jarmo

Yes, but you must remember that a lot of HTGTH members and GNR fans in general , woudn't give a fuck about Tommy Stinson, or Richard Fortus, or any other newGNR members. Guns N' Roses gave them the chance to show that they are indeed great musicians ( a chance which Bucket grabbed with both hands Grin) , so none of them should complain.

Roll Eyes how can u say that? what about B.H? that guy did his best to play in GNR...gnr gave?em a chance but all they did it fine too... anyway!, do you think it's so easy to find a guitar player like B.H? hello!!!! , you can roll around the world n' never find a' amazing musician like him!!! so the new gnr members have much to do with gnr these times, no matter if you're agree with it or not!  smoking
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2005, 09:48:22 PM »

Jessica, are you that naive ?

These musicians are professsionals who get paid to be in the public limelight and as such should take the time to answer questions from both the press and adoring fans.

Also, what is the big fucking secret, that this band unlike any other, has to dodge questions about an album thats been talked about for 7 or 8 years ?   

If axl had any concern for his fans and bandmates he'd make it easy on everyone and just keep the world informed through a website.  Even if the info was, still not ready, not even close, within a year or something that would keep the fans from going crazy.   

It's kinda sick that some of you think you're job in life is to defend axl rose a multi millionaire who's biggest decision in life is should he get out of bed and finish a 10 year project or just roll over and get some more sleep.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2005, 12:53:59 AM »

Well... no matter what... I think it has to be a pretty "eye-opening" experience for most of these guys to realize just how popular Axl and Guns N' Roses still are. I think most of these guys (Finck, Stinson. Brain, Pittman, Fortus) have come from totally different genres and may not have fully appreciated how great and how BIG GN'R was back in the day. Even Stinson admitted to never owning a Guns' album until a few days before his try-out in '98. I think most of them probably initially joined up with GN'R a bit out of curiousity and because the $$ was damn good- now I think their excitement only grows as they realize how often fans are asking them GN'R questions on the road. So to answer the original question, no, I don't think they mind being asked about GN'R all that much... if anything it only confirms that they made a good decision to join the band and stay with Axl so long. ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
estranged.1098
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2005, 03:44:01 AM »

ESPECIALLY when we were promised a new album before the end of the 20th century.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=82
Dust N Rose
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2005, 07:35:02 AM »

True... but people here refuse to accept it.
For instance, I'm searching for news with my own responsibility, I never said Axl release it!@ or something.
You should do the same, you get free from your anxiety.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 07:37:59 AM by New Rose » Logged
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2005, 04:17:04 PM »

ESPECIALLY when we were promised a new album before the end of the 20th century.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.

true gnr fans have been sad deep own inside around the planet after all this time...all those ex-gnr members left us all alone for years but Axl was the only member to face this shit up to make us smile once again since "Las Vegas Show 2000" so I guess ex-gnr members suck more than ever n' they should not be called like "GNR" anymore cuz today gnr has new members in there n' they've been playing with Axl to give us a light in this darker story so the new band is great more than Slash,Duff or whoever out there! do ya dig what I say?  smoking
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2005, 04:26:54 PM »

Jessica, are you that naive ?

These musicians are professsionals who get paid to be in the public limelight and as such should take the time to answer questions from both the press and adoring fans.

Also, what is the big fucking secret, that this band unlike any other, has to dodge questions about an album thats been talked about for 7 or 8 years ?? ?

If axl had any concern for his fans and bandmates he'd make it easy on everyone and just keep the world informed through a website.? Even if the info was, still not ready, not even close, within a year or something that would keep the fans from going crazy.? ?

It's kinda sick that some of you think you're job in life is to defend axl rose a multi millionaire who's biggest decision in life is should he get out of bed and finish a 10 year project or just roll over and get some more sleep.

1) Not naive, just a question of principle as i was always surrounded by musicians since childhood, my mother wrote music too and i have heard them complain for years, so i can " imagine" how annoying it must be to hear the same things over and over again.

2) No big secret, but again, since fans know what the replies are going to be, why ask the question ?

3) Axl is the band leader, not God. As we don't know who has the rights for what, maybe it's "assuming" axl  has the right to say something through a website, which may not be the case ?

4) I don't defend the man, i play the devil's advocate, saying to you or anybody else that these things thought about axl rose and his power over this album may be complete assumptions and that you could, as well as i, be in the wrong.

Nothing to say
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2005, 04:32:08 PM »

true gnr fans have been sad deep own inside around the planet after all this time...all those ex-gnr members left us all alone for years but Axl was the only member to face this shit up to make us smile once again since "Las Vegas Show 2000" so I guess ex-gnr members suck more than ever n' they should not be called like "GNR" anymore cuz today gnr has new members in there n' they've been playing with Axl to give us a light in this darker story so the new band is great more than Slash,Duff or whoever out there! do ya dig what I say?? smoking

hey Jessica ur answer is up there in my post!  hihi
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2005, 04:52:25 PM »

I don't consider any of the current band members a part of Gn'R (except Axl) and I never will no matter how good CD is.
Gn'R was Axl,Izzy,Slash and Duff and now Gn'R is Axl, those other people will only ever be replacments in my eyes. If you asked me how many members were in Gn'r at the moment I would say one, Axl Rose. I'm not saying I hate the new members but no matter how good they are they'll never replace the original Gn'R. I felt this way about Matt and Gilby aswell.
If I was in Axl's shoes I sure as hell wouldn't want people continuosly asking me about CD but if no one asks Axl he will lose track of time and no one will ever get to hear CD, except Axl? Undecided

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2005, 06:13:45 PM »

They're not stupid enough not to realize how long the fans have been waiting, They know. And do they get annoyed by the "when is Chinese Democracy coming out?" question hmm well the answer to that is

Who gives a fuck if that annoys them or not  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: