Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just saw Tommy in Chicago
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just saw Tommy in Chicago  (Read 8161 times)
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 09:17:32 AM »

You'll all find that Spring starts 22nd March, so early spring means an April release. 2 - 2.5 months away. Perfectly possible before we all dismiss this.

@#$%Funker
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 09:19:39 AM »

i wonder if there is something going on in the Guns camp from next week, since Tommy and Dizzy seams to have a break then.. Maybe a pressrelease or something. Damn, that would take away alots of these speculations..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
shaun
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2005, 09:21:24 AM »

VR are ok, i have not picked up the album though as there simply isn't a  track i really like. Although i would like to see them live as that's how i see them, a live band worth seeing, a good night out. I rate the first Slash's Snake Pit album higher than VR, as the lead singer seemed pretty wild (what was his name? didn't he have a band of his own?).

Eric Dover of Jellyfish.

Cheers for that!   Smiley
cubsfan77
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2005, 10:29:43 AM »

I don't know exactly when "early spring" starts, I'm just saying what he told me. As for this musical debate, i agree that Tommy is as good of a song writer as Izzy. I would also argue that he's as good of a guitar player as gilby or izzy also. The other thing about his show was the performance. He's a true performer, it's not contrived. Even most bands with good songs these days ignore the performance aspect of their shows. I also think it's cool that the tickets were $10.00, I see local acts all the time in Chicago and they charge between $5-$10.00. I don't want to compare him to Velvet Revolver, because it's like talking about apples and oranges. Tommy writes smart lyrics and catchy songs. Velvet Revolver are a marketing machine and a money making scam.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2005, 10:38:08 AM »

"Velvet Revolver are a marketing machine and a money making scam"

Oh plleeeaasseee! And the 2002 GNR "tour" wasn't a money making scam LOL! Please!

Was this an acoustic show that Tommy did, or did he have Frank, Rich, and the boys with him....how was the acoustic set...does anyone have a setlist?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2005, 10:56:58 AM »

Was this an acoustic show that Tommy did, or did he have Frank, Rich, and the boys with him....

These shows have been just Tommy and Dave Phillips from The Catholics.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »

Tommys solo cd is amazing. not a "piece of crap cd" - fink is on the level of slash with a better live sound.
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2005, 12:03:19 PM »

Robin Finck cannot come close to Slash at any level of guitar playing.  And live, his stage presence is pretty weak.  I would take Richard over Robin in a second.  Slash is the greatest guitar player Gn'r have ever had.  Buckethead is a great player too, but he's not in the band anymore.  Robin Finck butchers Slash's solos and his stuff on the new songs is rather unimpressive.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2005, 01:02:13 PM »

STOP IT NOW.

This thread is not about :
1. Tommy's album vs VR's
2. Tommy vs Duff
2. Finck or Fortus' guitar playing

If you fail to comprehend that, I'm afraid you have reached terminal braindeadness.

Now back on the friggin' topic !!

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2005, 01:29:39 PM »

who erase my post?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2005, 01:31:14 PM »

who erase my post?

Me, genious.

Anyone who continues to blatantly ignore the policy of this board will receive the same treatment. Yeah, that's how low we have sunk.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2005, 01:38:42 PM »

I did nothing.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2005, 01:40:29 PM »

What's wrong Pandora?  Something stuck in your box?!  You people get too worked up about this shit....too damn sensitive
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2005, 01:47:37 PM »

What's wrong Pandora?? Something stuck in your box?!?

That was uncalled for.
And pretty fuckin' uncool.
Read the rules.  If you can't be an adult, there are plenty of other boards out there.

On topic...that's good news, I think...Tommy has been maddeningly nonspecific--"soon", "a hair's breadth", etc.--but lately he's been giving much more.  "The music is done", "Early spring", I get the feeling he may have gotten something newsworthy from Uncle Axl.

Of course, that could be my misguided hope talking.

/Mike   

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2005, 02:30:15 PM »

After The Reverb gig, Stinson will head back home to Burbank, Calif., where he moved from Minneapolis in 1993. Next, he says, Guns N' Roses is gearing up for a late spring CD release, hopefully followed by touring.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2005/02/11/wcfentertainment/pulse/f98f66b90d6c426b86256fa4004f54f9.txt

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2005, 02:53:49 PM »

Sorry for that, I just had to react to an earlier post.  Anyway, that latest post by Jarmo seems like good news for a change.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2005, 03:37:37 PM »

It never ceases to make me laugh when you people believe what Stinson has to say over and over again despite the fact that he has never been right regarding the status of CD.  You same people will be psyched to learn in September 2005 that Tommy has indicated to a fan that Decembber 2005 is the month.    ok

Try to live and learn from hostory.  Stinson is as clueless as us.  And on a side note, whoevern said Stinson is as good a songwriter has Izzy is a complete mess.  That is tgh emost ridiculous thing I have ever seen on this board.  Stinson is a good performer and probably a good person who means well, but to put him in Izzy's category as a songwriter is a huge injustice to Izzy.  Pluease people, think before you type.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2005, 03:47:18 PM »

Case, people like you are the most clueless ones. keep saying shits like that even when we've got CD in our hands.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2005, 04:00:40 PM »

McGann, must not have been too offensive, your sorry ass is the only one complaining. ?Look up joke in the Websters dictionary.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2005, 04:15:34 PM »

Hey gilld1:
Check your private messages. ok
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: