Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:02:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 french radiostations announce CD for this summer
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 french radiostations announce CD for this summer  (Read 9351 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: February 10, 2005, 10:46:11 AM »

2 of the biggest french radiostations, NRJ and RTL2, wich have a very serious reputation, announced this afternoon that the album "Chinese Democracy" is going to be released this summer. Take it for what it is: either they picked-up their news on the internet (like us) and it's nothing new, or they had news from the GN'R record company (wich would be pretty serious). I have just e-mailed them, I'm standing for their answer. I don't know much more for the moment. Maybe Will can confirm all that story because that's what I was told. Cool
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 10:55:10 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 10:52:39 AM »

hmmm...
I guess the first place we should find news like this, would be on Interscope.com er something. im pretty sure they just read some of this dirty rumours on the internet.!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 11:08:44 AM »

In the february issue of Mojo it says that CD will probably be released this spring.... What is that based on? Have you read it? There is nothing really new in the paper otherwise, just Mick Wall writing about the good days and a short article about the newer days.
jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 11:24:35 AM »

I think in this day and age everyone gets their "news" from the internet and we all know how reliable that is...
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 11:27:27 AM »

I think in this day and age everyone gets their "news" from the internet and we all know how reliable that is...
the internet is like a big garbage can
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 11:28:48 AM »

NRJ and RTL2, wich have a very serious reputation,

Please tell me you're joking. NRJ has been playing bubblegum crap for ten years now, they have absolutely no credibility giving GN'R news. I'm even surprised they talked about them since they never play them.
Most DJs are incredibly misinformed and ignorant about music. Sometimes I can't believe what I hear coming out of their mouths (be it about new bands or old).
I bet they just took their "news" from the web. Therefore it should be taken with a huge grain of salt just like any other rumour.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 11:29:51 AM »

You're probably right, but in that case we should stop buying the papers that don't have credible sources! rant

It's one thing if we read something for free on the internet, but if we pay we should get real articles, by real journalists who get their information from solid sources.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »

sounds like bullshit, guess if you say enough dates one will be right eventually..
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 11:37:01 AM »

I also think they just take the news from the internet without researching. for example, if you search at this exact moment for news in google news, one of the news says: "guns n roses album finally set for release".

If you go inside and read the article, it's just based in tommy's recent comments.

Beware of the "big garbage can". beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 11:51:11 AM »

Please tell me you're joking. NRJ has been playing bubblegum crap for ten years now, they have absolutely no credibility giving GN'R news. I'm even surprised they talked about them since they never play them.
Most DJs are incredibly misinformed and ignorant about music. Sometimes I can't believe what I hear coming out of their mouths (be it about new bands or old).
I bet they just took their "news" from the web. Therefore it should be taken with a huge grain of salt just like any other rumour.
well I suppose radiostations have contacts with record companies...and it's also weird that nrj and rtl2 both shared the same news, the same day about gn'r while they haven't even talked of GN'R for about 10 years. I don't know maybe it's BS but...we never know.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 12:02:59 PM »

because of recent events and the members interviews it could like this from their angel?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 12:04:11 PM »

They probably took their news from the internet, like almost everyone else nowadays concerning GN'R.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 12:06:15 PM »

Chinese Democracy starts now! Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 12:06:33 PM »

Sounds abit strange to me, that only the French radiostation knows about it. (if it should turn out to be true). So im Seceptical about its something to put your trust in.
 But, i guess no one on this forum will belive it when it finally happen. So.. we never know...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 12:25:30 PM »

I'm even surprised they talked about them since they never play them.
it's also weird that nrj and rtl2 both shared the same news, the same day about gn'r while they haven't even talked of GN'R for about 10 years.
Really? That's actually strange. headscratch

Maybe the two of these incredibly misinformed and ignorant DJs are friends and had a lunch together at some internet cafe. Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 12:30:20 PM »

NRJ? We have that here in Sweden too.

Must be the worst radio station there is. They only play commercial crap over and over again. The only listenable band they'd ever play is U2.

I wouldn't call those DJs reliable.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 12:53:22 PM »

well I suppose radiostations have contacts with record companies...and it's also weird that nrj and rtl2 both shared the same news, the same day about gn'r while they haven't even talked of GN'R for about 10 years. I don't know maybe it's BS but...we never know.

They have contact with records companies when they get promo CDs or stuff like that. But as far as news are concerned, they most definitely know less than us, especially considering GN'R dont exactly fit in their format.
My guess is that Tommy's comments were reported on some music industry forum such as the Velvet Rope and that the two DJs saw it there.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2005, 12:55:19 PM »

i think the announcement is based on rumour, hopefully a good rumour
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2005, 01:03:20 PM »

i believe in nearly nothing what the press says about gnr and axl since i read this kerrang(?) article about the new gnr songs in which the journalist Roll Eyes told about the new songs and with the new songs he meant crash diet and just another sunday etc. ....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2005, 01:05:10 PM »

Oui fm talked about the CD release too ... I think it's finally a good sign something might be happening. I know NRJ is not reliable while talking about a rock issue but it's the first time in a decade they speak about gnr and this on the news just behind the students' strikes. The thing I found extremely curious is that Oui fm spoke about a release on BMG records .... Huh?

The force ... the force ...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: