Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 03:55:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228458 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  even if CD is awesome ...10 yrs...who couldnt??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: even if CD is awesome ...10 yrs...who couldnt??  (Read 19476 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2005, 06:38:50 PM »

short axl quote on the matter? Smiley

I think it is like old Guns N' Roses as far as, like, the spirit and the attempt to throw all kinds of different styles together
it has been lots of new musical directions and styles in the world since oldgnr?-era, they inspiration? peace
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 06:46:55 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2005, 06:44:47 PM »

I think it is like old Guns N' Roses as far as, like, the spirit and the attempt to throw all kinds of different styles together
That quote hits it right on the head....That is what Ill be expecting with the new material when comparing it to the old

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2005, 07:16:05 PM »

what the fuck?  Shocked  ?everyone is free to hear something but the contraband  ain't a good album at all, at first I thought Slash/V.R could make a' amazing album like UYI I 1 n' UYI 2 but all what I hear is just crap from this album...I can honestly say that The Rasmus n' The Hanson do make greatest hits more than that shit called V.R...if you hear the new Hanson album it has better songs to hear than the contraband album, oh sad but true buddies!!!...maybe slash was drinking too much while they were recording it or maybe scott was so sotned too,whos knows  hihi ....Axl should be laughing at all them....so take it easy guys...Axl isn't a jerk to make a stupid album, you'll see!!!!  ok

Roll Eyes mates!, it's so fucking easy to notice gnr has a better style since old gnr members have gone...i ever knew Axl wasn't so stupid to do what slash wanted to do with the old GNR...Axl did it fine when he faced ex-gnr members up to make'em see GNR needed some change so they had to be kicked off the band cuz they thought gnr could sound forever like Rolling Stones or Aerosmith! ...Anyway V.R just makes us know that GNR does have a better style these days  smoking

Would you be kind enough to let us know why you constantly quote yourself and....generally sound like you've just been released from a mental institution?

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2005, 10:45:11 PM »

IMO - "Chinese Democracy" can be the greatest, most brilliant album ever created but after all the money that has been spent making it ($11 million, $13 million - whatever) it's gonna have to sell like AFD to make a worth-while profit.? As much as I love Axl and GN'R I just can't imagine that happening.? As great as both UYI discs were they reportedly sold just over 5 million copies each and that was at the height of GN'R's popularity.?

I don't see how CD is gonna break any records after all this time (although I'm still gonna buy it 3 times? ok ).

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2005, 11:29:21 PM »

record label generally gets around 6 to 7 dollars for every record sold

so 2 million and they turn a profit

now no one here can try to tell me it wont sell 2 million freakin copies.

if it sells 6 million worldwide they will almost triple their cash, so dont worry bout them losing money.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2005, 04:01:55 PM »

what the fuck?? Shocked? ?everyone is free to hear something but the contraband? ain't a good album at all, at first I thought Slash/V.R could make a' amazing album like UYI I 1 n' UYI 2 but all what I hear is just crap from this album...I can honestly say that The Rasmus n' The Hanson do make greatest hits more than that shit called V.R...if you hear the new Hanson album it has better songs to hear than the contraband album, oh sad but true buddies!!!...maybe slash was drinking too much while they were recording it or maybe scott was so sotned too,whos knows? hihi ....Axl should be laughing at all them....so take it easy guys...Axl isn't a jerk to make a stupid album, you'll see!!!!? ok

Roll Eyes mates!, it's so fucking easy to notice gnr has a better style since old gnr members have gone...i ever knew Axl wasn't so stupid to do what slash wanted to do with the old GNR...Axl did it fine when he faced ex-gnr members up to make'em see GNR needed some change so they had to be kicked off the band cuz they thought gnr could sound forever like Rolling Stones or Aerosmith! ...Anyway V.R just makes us know that GNR does have a better style these days? smoking

Would you be kind enough to let us know why you constantly quote yourself and....generally sound like you've just been released from a mental institution?

why should I tell ya about?...backing to this topic the new GNR album will sell out many discs around the planet more than V.R could sell around L.A City-U.S.A  hihi
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2005, 08:35:48 PM »

Grin

AxlRoseVen is like the official town drunk of HTGTH.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
railroadblues
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2005, 06:57:03 AM »

the new GNR album will sell out many discs around the planet more than V.R could sell around L.A City-U.S.A 

I suppose you mean the other way round
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2005, 05:03:37 PM »

the new GNR album will sell out many discs around the planet more than V.R could sell around L.A City-U.S.A?

rofl oh fuck!... would ya think V.R will play at rock in rio fest or caracas pop fest-Venezuela someday?no, they won't  Roll Eyes cuz "Boy George" sells out albums more than V.R THESE DAYS...n' when the new GNR album gets ready so V.R won't sell another one anymore!!!!!  hihi
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2005, 12:29:58 PM »

Timewise there are a couple of things to remember;
1. Alot of songs from UYI were written before Appetite
2. Axl is a perfectionist and will not release CD till it's perfect
3. Im fairly sure CD would be out by now if someone put some pressure on Axl, but it might not be as great as it will be

Also Think About You ang Anything Goes are great songs

? ?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 05:57:31 PM by *Izzy* » Logged

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
jgfnsr
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2005, 08:23:12 PM »

Grin

AxlRoseVen is like the official town drunk of HTGTH.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? ?rofl? ?hihi? ?rofl

While you and I have disagreed here and there in the past Skeletor, you hit it right on the head about AxlRoseVen.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2005, 11:34:59 PM »

Some people didnt read my first post, gnr style means a lot of varieties of styles.. thats obvious and I know they woud have evolved but would have kept the GNR sound, like a stamp! Thats what I meant!! AGH!

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2005, 04:54:23 PM »

the new GNR album will sell out many discs around the planet more than V.R could sell around L.A City-U.S.A 

rofl oh fuck!... would ya think V.R will play at rock in rio fest or caracas pop fest-Venezuela someday?no, they won't  Roll Eyes cuz "Boy George" sells out albums more than V.R THESE DAYS...n' when the new GNR album gets ready so V.R won't sell another one anymore!!!!!  hihi

he may sound crazy.. but the dude knows what he's talking about  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2005, 06:44:45 PM »

the new GNR album will sell out many discs around the planet more than V.R could sell around L.A City-U.S.A?

rofl oh fuck!... would ya think V.R will play at rock in rio fest or caracas pop fest-Venezuela someday?no, they won't? Roll Eyes cuz "Boy George" sells out albums more than V.R THESE DAYS...n' when the new GNR album gets ready so V.R won't sell another one anymore!!!!!? hihi

people are so blinded, the reason new gnr will sell out those shows, close the vmas, sell out arenas is because they (axl) own a business name that is established.. It has nothing to do with the guys in the band, it's the name that carries the weight.. Name it the axl rose band and see how different things are.. Guess we'll never know thought being new gnr never tours, well at least axl doesn't..
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2005, 06:45:49 PM »

rofl oh fuck!... would ya think V.R will play at rock in rio fest or caracas pop fest-Venezuela someday?no, they won't? Roll Eyes cuz "Boy George" sells out albums more than V.R THESE DAYS...n' when the new GNR album gets ready so V.R won't sell another one anymore!!!!!? hihi

he may sound crazy.. but the dude knows what he's talking about? ok

beer thank ya Jim Bob!, I ever knew YOU'RE AMAZING from the start!,...the thing is those guys can't see yet that Slash won't play for gnr anymore!...still they hope Axl can forvige Slash someday when the guy ever speaks shit 'bout Axl!!!! ?Roll Eyes ...Axl prefers to don't make a new album before Slash might play for GNR once again...the new album will be In Stores sooner or later meanwhile Axl watches all his enemies eat their own shit! ?hihi
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 06:48:01 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2005, 06:54:28 PM »

people are so blinded, the reason new gnr will sell out those shows, close the vmas, sell out arenas is because they (axl) own a business name that is established..
So your saying new gnr if/will only be successful because of the gnr name and if they bomb it will because of their own music? AT what point in time do they credit for what they put out{when they do, if they desrve credit}?

It has nothing to do with the guys in the band, it's the name that carries the weight.. Name it the axl rose band and see how different things are.. Guess we'll never know thought being new gnr never tours, well at least axl doesn't..
How come you forgot to mention the aborted 2002 tour? Did CC not pull the plug on GNR and cancel the rest of the tour? Did GNR sell out every arena on that tour?

You cant have your cake and eat it to. You want to tell every1 the reason newgnr have had and will have success soley because of the gNR name. So when/if they do well it will be because of the name and if it bombs its because its not old gnr. And thats bullshit.

I totally agree the name helps. But we have discussed this a million times! It will only go so far. Thi band has much more to overcome in the LONGRUN....BY THEIR CHOOSING{by keeping the name}. Initially the name will help album sales. But who has established the gnr mystique and myth over the past decade? not the old members but Axl. Why isnt he entitled to some of that promotion.

But ultimately this band will be judged by their material. Case closed. People are going to compare them to the old band and if they dont rise to the occasion in terms of material they will not be granted the red carpet. You act as if people are waiting with open arms for gnr to return. But arent you and your buddies always telling us how the gnr name is ruined? So how can it be such ahelp afterall?

Guys like you want it both ways and its not gonna happen

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2005, 07:02:56 PM »

beer thank ya Jim Bob!, I ever knew YOU'RE AMAZING from the start!,...the thing is those guys can't see yet that Slash won't play for gnr anymore!...still they hope Axl can forvige Slash someday when the guy ever speaks shit 'bout Axl!!!!  Roll Eyes ...Axl prefers to don't make a new album before Slash might play for GNR once again...the new album will be In Stores sooner or later meanwhile Axl watches all his enemies eat their own shit!  hihi

I for one am looking forward to watching $lash eat his own shit  rofl
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2005, 07:11:02 PM »

beer thank ya Jim Bob!, I ever knew YOU'RE AMAZING from the start!,...the thing is those guys can't see yet that Slash won't play for gnr anymore!...still they hope Axl can forvige Slash someday when the guy ever speaks shit 'bout Axl!!!!? Roll Eyes ...Axl prefers to don't make a new album before Slash might play for GNR once again...the new album will be In Stores sooner or later meanwhile Axl watches all his enemies eat their own shit!? hihi

I for one am looking forward to watching $lash eat his own shit? rofl

rofl  do u imagine the new gnr band playing around the planet while Slash eats his own shit? Hell!, that'd be a hard lesson for Slash to learn!....I can't understand why Slash tries to laugh at Axl it's just cuz the guy hasn't a new album ready in stores yet while Slash just couldn?t record a decent album with V.R?it?s not ironic, guys?? hihi
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 07:15:19 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2005, 07:13:21 PM »

beer thank ya Jim Bob!, I ever knew YOU'RE AMAZING from the start!,...the thing is those guys can't see yet that Slash won't play for gnr anymore!...still they hope Axl can forvige Slash someday when the guy ever speaks shit 'bout Axl!!!!  Roll Eyes ...Axl prefers to don't make a new album before Slash might play for GNR once again...the new album will be In Stores sooner or later meanwhile Axl watches all his enemies eat their own shit!  hihi

I for one am looking forward to watching $lash eat his own shit  rofl

: ok:do u imagine the new gnr band playing around the planet while Slash eats his own shit? Hell!, that'd be a hard lesson for Slash to learn!....I can't understand why Slash tries to laugh at Axl it's just cuz the guy hasn't a new album ready in stores yet while Slash just couldn?t record a decent album with V.R?it?s not ironic, guys?  hihi

yes!  Grin
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2005, 07:24:26 PM »

beer thank ya Jim Bob!, I ever knew YOU'RE AMAZING from the start!,...the thing is those guys can't see yet that Slash won't play for gnr anymore!...still they hope Axl can forvige Slash someday when the guy ever speaks shit 'bout Axl!!!!? Roll Eyes ...Axl prefers to don't make a new album before Slash might play for GNR once again...the new album will be In Stores sooner or later meanwhile Axl watches all his enemies eat their own shit!? hihi

I for one am looking forward to watching $lash eat his own shit? rofl

: ok:do u imagine the new gnr band playing around the planet while Slash eats his own shit? Hell!, that'd be a hard lesson for Slash to learn!....I can't understand why Slash tries to laugh at Axl it's just cuz the guy hasn't a new album ready in stores yet while Slash just couldn?t record a decent album with V.R?it?s not ironic, guys?? hihi

yes!? Grin

rofl oh fuck, you do rock Jim Bob  beer ... would someone imagine the new gnr while they're recording the new album in a studio n' would someone imagine V.R while they recorded their stuff in a studio?, truly there?s a difference between these bands?...hell!, of course!,  the difference is : V.R members have to chill Scott out cuz he dances like the baby spice(spice girls member) while he sings a song to record it at there!!!!!?if u think I?m kidding why don?t you check all the V.R videos then?  smoking
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: