Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 02:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228460 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  even if CD is awesome ...10 yrs...who couldnt??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: even if CD is awesome ...10 yrs...who couldnt??  (Read 19534 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2005, 08:31:12 AM »

i think its silly to say that time+money awesome album

it is not the time
it is not the money
it is the talent and dedication of those involved

the time and the money has been 'allowed' because of the talent and dedication  ok
madagas
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2005, 10:34:51 AM »

Naupis, if Axl has songs as BAD as Think About You and Anything Goes on Chinese, I will be highly disappointed. I place those songs right up there with Silk Worms-just bad and cheesy. At least Silk Worms has a twisted/demented element to it. As far as the 10 years thing goes, I will have to hear the album before I could determine if "anyone could do it."
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2005, 10:39:13 AM »

Naupis, if Axl has songs as BAD as Think About You and Anything Goes on Chinese, I will be highly disappointed.

Angry
TAY is one of my favorite songs on the album...

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2005, 11:00:30 AM »

Think About You its pretty good btw.

Just speculating but I think a mayor issue will be if the music in CD sounds GNR, I think Axl might be concerned that using the GNR name means the music in it should fit GNR. Im not referring to the quality of it, which im sure will be a good fucking album, but what people expect of GNR. BTW im all for the change and taking new chances and progressing as an artist but the essence has to feel GNR if it doesnt then it would have been a drag and waste of time to keep it in the first place..

peace
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2005, 11:22:02 AM »

Your post is 100% accurate.? I too am looking forward to seeing what 10+ years of work and $13 million results in, but even if it is amazing...so what?? Almost anyone with a shred of song writing ability could take those resource and produce an amazing album.

Thats just not true, and you know it. "anyone with a shred of song writing ability..." Never! The truth is that it is easier if you haven't released albums before. Artists that have released 4 or 5 albums many times (not always) find their creativity going down. Sometimes it is 7 or 8 but eventually the albums qualities are fewer. Look at Springsteen, Neil Young, Clapton, Dylan, Stones, Aerosmith, etc. They can still produce some decent songs but the truth is that they are nowhere near their prime.

But in Axls case he's still got that hunger... He doesn't have a family or children to lean back on. So he's hungry, not full.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2005, 11:26:30 AM »

But in Axls case he's still got that hunger... He doesn't have a family or children to lean back on. So he's hungry, not full.
he got an apetite 4 destruction lol  beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2005, 11:35:46 AM »

I agree any good band can sit around for 6-7 years with countles people putting in time to the effort and make one great album..   People will be like this album is amazing, yeah but look how long it took to make.,. ANyone can extend a solo, change lines, add effects, change anything.. Any song made there's always room for an improvement, but who wants to waste their lives  (and their fans) sitting in a recording studio breaking out an album every 8 years.. There's no enjoyment in that..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2005, 11:41:22 AM »

I think it will be great,but I am only going by Axl's past record.

And Wylde didn't give much of a contribution to Guns....i saw an interview with him where he said he wrote all these riffs,but he left and used those riffs for the first Black Label Society record Sonic Brew.(Awsome fucking record) smoking
Just to talk about teh first line (axl's past he's always delivered) I don't think the new songs are that good, the rockers are bad actually.. Sound nothing like gnr.. Also in the past when the real group was around and they rocked it wasn't just axl, it was the actual band making those songs, so axl was a part of something great.. It's like saying the beatles was only paul..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2005, 11:54:49 AM »

I agree any good band can sit around for 6-7 years with countles people putting in time to the effort and make one great album..
But your taking the GNR situation out of context. Your all making it seem as if Axl has intentionally taken 10 yrs to make an album. That is not the case. Since 96-98...he has had to rebuild the band, settle legal disputes, and make meanigful songs, which have turned into 3 albums.

People will be like this album is amazing, yeah but look how long it took to make.
And I say to those people ...yea and? If its a great album its a great album. Will peopel 20 yrs from now realize and understand the delay? If the album is around in 20 yrs that means its a great album. And they will appreciate it even more than people ofd this time period.

ANyone can extend a solo, change lines, add effects, change anything..
Anyone can do anything...but they dont. Rock music has gone down the fukin tubes. If the majority of bands out there would take a shred of consideration for what they put out there rock wouldnt be in its current state. Not all bands but most suck. There not memorable music out there. I could careless if a band pumps albums. Some great albums take a week to make others take longer...it doesnt matter as long as the MUSIC is great.

There's no enjoyment in that..
The members in GNR wouldnt agree with that...

What have Tommy and BRain been saying...I miss the band, when we are together its fun...stuff like that..

Just to talk about teh first line (axl's past he's always delivered) I don't think the new songs are that good, the rockers are bad actually.. Sound nothing like gnr.. Also in the past when the real group was around and they rocked it wasn't just axl, it was the actual band making those songs, so axl was a part of something great.. It's like saying the beatles was only paul..
No1 is taking away what the old members did. They did an absolutely amazing job. But Axl is like a great point guard...he makes people around him work harder and better. That doesnt mean CD will automatically be great. Thats what Im most curious to see. TO see if Axl had that impact with the new band and material.

As for the songs we have heard...You say they sound nothing liek gnr...do the CB songs sound anything like GNR? Why does every new song have to sound like all gnr? WHy the hell did the band break up in the 1st place! Because Axl wanted to move on from that sound...not leave it behind but incorporate new things and still make it gnr....and so far he has done that. It doesnt have to sound like gnr to be gnr...plus we having heard the big guns yet anyways so theres no way of knowing how they sound....we have heard a collection of fillers....some of them are great!....

Did NR and Dont Cry sound liek AFD? Peopel to this day are split with old gnr in terms of thie rmaterial. SOme dig AFD and lost interest after UYI, Some like UYI...and most liked both! The point is GNR have always and will always push the envelope with their music. Im sure along the way you will not like some new songs, but I guarentee you others will. Thats the greatness of GNR. They could appeal to many kinds of people. Whyw ould you want the new guys to sound just liek the old guys. They would get laughed off the street if they tried to copy the old band. I want the new band to be their own. And thankfully thus far they have been. Not compromising to anything. If they tried to be like old gnr you would have people complaining about how Axl is using the gnr name and formula....when he does the opposite you complain too...

whatever the case may be...people will always question Axl no matter what he does...so i take it with a grain of salt

I hope the new album doesnt sound like AFD. Ill be pissed off. I dont want that. I just want the band to be thier own, have thier own sound yet mold it into the GNR way of doing things. FErocity,Intensity,Passion,and sound.....

As for Axl and the old band thing. Tehres a reason why peopel still care about GNR. Its because of Axl. Like him or hate him the guys gets peoples attention. His aura is not on the same level as the old guys.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 12:03:34 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2005, 12:20:53 PM »

wow you wrote way to much Shocked as for people saying dc didn't sound like afd, you are right, but they were good songs.. silkworms, omg, rhiad, etc are just not good... Sure dc was different but it still had what a gnr tune did, good intro, good singing, and good solo..

Sure years from now if the album is good or great no one will know, but hey I know and that's enough for me.. Like someone said in this thread I rather have good albums every couple of years then one amazing one every 6-7..

I'm not debating how good the album will be, i just thinkt eh idea it took so long doesn't make it as sspecial if they were able to make soemthing great quicker while everyone is young.. hihi

u-2 makes real good albums, they did great in 2001 and now they are out again in 2004 with more really good material.. Sure they could hide out for 6 years and make an even better album, but they have interest in playing and giving the fans music.. That's what I want, shame gnr changed so much..

as for cb, why should it sound like anything from before, it's not gnr nor is their singer axl..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2005, 12:28:18 PM »

as for people saying dc didn't sound like afd, you are right, but they were good songs.. silkworms, omg, rhiad, etc are just not good... Sure dc was different but it still had what a gnr tune did, good intro, good singing, and good solo..
I think they are good...Just because it doesnt sound like classic gnr doesnt mean its not good...

Like someone said in this thread I rather have good albums every couple of years then one amazing one every 6-7..
BUt the situation didnt allow the band to pop an album every few years!

That's what I want, shame gnr changed so much..
such a shame but your still here....

as for cb, why should it sound like anything from before, it's not gnr nor is their singer axl..
why should the new material sound like the old? its a new band. Im not saying dodge the old sound which they wont but its not gonna be like the old....get over it

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2005, 01:02:02 PM »

i think the album is gonna be excellent! with tracks like madagascar and the blues and the more time spent on it the better it should be.

Also gnr r in a position where they can take as much time as they like.

Didn't Def Leppard take years to record Hysteria? and that is a classic album so Chinese Democracy should be the same
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2005, 02:02:27 PM »

Just speculating but I think a mayor issue will be if the music in CD sounds GNR, I think Axl might be concerned that using the GNR name means the music in it should fit GNR. Im not referring to the quality of it, which im sure will be a good fucking album, but what people expect of GNR. BTW im all for the change and taking new chances and progressing as an artist but the essence has to feel GNR if it doesnt then it would have been a drag and waste of time to keep it in the first place..

peace

He should've created his own band to explore new styles of music and continued with the old GnR.  oh well  Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2005, 02:52:32 PM »

mr_yoshimaroka,  he doesn't have a capacity to do 2 things at a time, betcha.  Do you?

but they were good songs.. silkworms, omg, rhiad, etc are just not good... Sure dc was different but it still had what a gnr tune did, good intro, good singing, and good solo..
Cheesy omg and rhiad are my absolute favs. I?m no better Idol worshipper than you.  I love this band and the music.

Hell, except OMG you're dissing the songs you've only heard live or off the boots, comparing to the old studio recordings. Yet, many here with quick ears already like them.
I guess you would have said the same thing on DC if you had heard it in 86, pre-AFD time.
If not, well tastes differ but you can?t say they?re bad. 

There are a few people don?t like Beatles while the music is widely loved.
Everybody knows them for Yesterday but not for HELTERSKELTER.
It?s not good or bad.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2005, 05:23:16 PM »

Who says that they can't outdo AFD?  Clearly that will always be the bands defining album that produced the most famous songs but on an artistic level, the Illusion albums blew it away in my opinion
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2005, 05:44:20 PM »

I am so happy with Contraband, as it's the only new rock album that I know of, and I hope it chips away chunks of the alternative scene which, along with rap, is like a cancer on my radio dial.

Rock fans would do well to support all three bands, unless they just don't like their music.

what the fuck?  Shocked  ?everyone is free to hear something but the contraband  ain't a good album at all, at first I thought Slash/V.R could make a' amazing album like UYI I 1 n' UYI 2 but all what I hear is just crap from this album...I can honestly say that The Rasmus n' The Hanson do make greatest hits more than that shit called V.R...if you hear the new Hanson album it has better songs to hear than the contraband album, oh sad but true buddies!!!...maybe slash was drinking too much while they were recording it or maybe scott was so sotned too,whos knows  hihi ....Axl should be laughing at all them....so take it easy guys...Axl isn't a jerk to make a stupid album, you'll see!!!!  ok

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2005, 05:49:35 PM »

peace

He should've created his own band to explore new styles of music and continued with the old GnR.? oh well? Undecided

Exactly, but he was hell bend on keeping the name so now he has to deliver gnr style.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2005, 06:21:56 PM »

the thing with "GN'R style" is that it is not one style... from the past catalogue you see a wide variety of styles and sounds
even on the 'purists favorite - AFD

Axl said long ago that he was interested in evolving... and that is what I expect CD will show
a new era of GN'R... still GN'R though Wink
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2005, 06:29:05 PM »

Exactly, but he was hell bend on keeping the name so now he has to deliver gnr style.
No, because if the old lineup managed to work out their differences they still would have evolved from AFD and UYI. Im not saying it would be as drastic as silkworms but something along the lines of CD. The whole reason the old band broke up was because of musical differences. Just because he has kept the name doesnt mean he has to do AFD type thing all over again.

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2005, 06:37:14 PM »

I am so happy with Contraband, as it's the only new rock album that I know of, and I hope it chips away chunks of the alternative scene which, along with rap, is like a cancer on my radio dial.

Rock fans would do well to support all three bands, unless they just don't like their music.

what the fuck?? Shocked? ?everyone is free to hear something but the contraband? ain't a good album at all, at first I thought Slash/V.R could make a' amazing album like UYI I 1 n' UYI 2 but all what I hear is just crap from this album...I can honestly say that The Rasmus n' The Hanson do make greatest hits more than that shit called V.R...if you hear the new Hanson album it has better songs to hear than the contraband album, oh sad but true buddies!!!...maybe slash was drinking too much while they were recording it or maybe scott was so sotned too,whos knows? hihi ....Axl should be laughing at all them....so take it easy guys...Axl isn't a jerk to make a stupid album, you'll see!!!!? ok

Roll Eyes mates!, it's so fucking easy to notice gnr has a better style since old gnr members have gone...i ever knew Axl wasn't so stupid to do what slash wanted to do with the old GNR...Axl did it fine when he faced ex-gnr members up to make'em see GNR needed some change so they had to be kicked off the band cuz they thought gnr could sound forever like Rolling Stones or Aerosmith! ...Anyway V.R just makes us know that GNR does have a better style these days  smoking
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: