Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 04:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228453 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  even if CD is awesome ...10 yrs...who couldnt??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: even if CD is awesome ...10 yrs...who couldnt??  (Read 19408 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »

Newsflash for our favorite village idiot and his new buddy Jim Bob : this message board is not a chatroom. If you want to pursue your conversation, do so privately.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Shoeboy017
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2005, 07:44:46 PM »

I haven't gone through the whole thing, but in response to the original post, "Who couldn't?"

My response to that is, essentially, anybody who doesn't have musical talent.  How rocking an album do you figure Poison could make if you gave them $10 million?  $100 million? You could take that money and replace C.C. DeVille with Joe Satriani, replace the other two schmucks with Stu Hamm and Neil Peart, give them forty years locked up in a state of the art recording facility custom built specifically for them, and when they came out you'd have a crystal-clear, 300 track, surround sound recording of extremely competently played  horseshit. 

Now, lock Bruce Springsteen up in a hotel room with a 4-track Portastudio, a spiral notebook,an acoustic guitar, and a pile of blow, and he'll churn out "Nebraska" for you in about a month.

Money has no relationship to the quality of the music, just the quality of the recording.  If CD is great, it will be because it's great music inspired by great ideas.  If it sucks, it'll be because Axl spent 10 years chasing down a sound that doesn't exist.

IMO. anyways.

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2005, 07:51:30 PM »

the new GNR album will sell out many discs around the planet more than V.R could sell around L.A City-U.S.A?

I suppose you mean the other way round

rofl oh fuck!... would ya think V.R will play at rock in rio fest or caracas pop fest-Venezuela someday?no, they won't? Roll Eyes cuz "Boy George" sells out albums more than V.R THESE DAYS...n' when the new GNR album gets ready so V.R won't sell another one anymore!!!!!? hihi

he may sound crazy.. but the dude knows what he's talking about? ok

beer thank ya Jim Bob!, I ever knew YOU'RE AMAZING from the start!,...the thing is those guys can't see yet that Slash won't play for gnr anymore!...still they hope Axl can forvige Slash someday when the guy ever speaks shit 'bout Axl!!!!? Roll Eyes ...Axl prefers to don't make a new album before Slash might play for GNR once again...the new album will be In Stores sooner or later meanwhile Axl watches all his enemies eat their own shit!? hihi

I for one am looking forward to watching $lash eat his own shit? rofl

: ok:do u imagine the new gnr band playing around the planet while Slash eats his own shit? Hell!, that'd be a hard lesson for Slash to learn!....I can't understand why Slash tries to laugh at Axl it's just cuz the guy hasn't a new album ready in stores yet while Slash just couldn?t record a decent album with V.R?it?s not ironic, guys?? hihi

yes!? Grin

rofl oh fuck, you do rock Jim Bob? beer ... would someone imagine the new gnr while they're recording the new album in a studio n' would someone imagine V.R while they recorded their stuff in a studio?, truly there?s a difference between these bands?...hell!, of course!,? the difference is : V.R members have to chill Scott out cuz he dances like the baby spice(spice girls member) while he sings a song to record it at there!!!!!?if u think I?m kidding why don?t you check all the V.R videos then?? smoking

Cool  Jim Bob n' I aren't kidding, the point is we make ya see there's a difference between these bands while they?re recordin? their own stuff!!!!! sometimes I think Scott had to performance with spice girls cuz he does know how to move on stage

....the new gnr album is comin' up no matter if Slash is crying now cuz of this!  smoking
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2005, 08:09:01 PM »

I totally lost track of what this thread was even about halfway through.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2005, 08:13:06 PM »

Newsflash for our favorite village idiot and his new buddy Jim Bob : this message board is not a chatroom. If you want to pursue your conversation, do so privately.

haha that is hilarious ? rofl

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2005, 08:21:15 PM »

2002 tour cc pulled the plug, that's laughable..  Like they let the two opening acts play and they caused the riot?? If they pulled the plug no one would have played..

Again gnr is a business, the name is what sells, just like maiden or kiss, or any other established group, it's the name that sell with loyal fans, it's not about their newer material or which reincarnation the band is..  So selling out shows isn't anything in regards to the group, p[eople follow a name and it happens with most older groups..

ANyway this was in response to axlroseven, he says gnr is going to do so much, things vr can't, and I said it's because it's the name.. Without the name they wouldn't get special treatment.. To bad axl couldn't start his own band and not live off the old one and those hired players could earn their way..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2005, 08:23:32 PM »

2002 tour cc pulled the plug, that's laughable..  Like they let the two opening acts play and they caused the riot?? If they pulled the plug no one would have played..

Again gnr is a business, the name is what sells, just like maiden or kiss, or any other established group, it's the name that sell with loyal fans, it's not about their newer material or which reincarnation the band is..  So selling out shows isn't anything in regards to the group, p[eople follow a name and it happens with most older groups..

ANyway this was in response to axlroseven, he says gnr is going to do so much, things vr can't, and I said it's because it's the name.. Without the name they wouldn't get special treatment.. To bad axl couldn't start his own band and not live off the old one and those hired players could earn their way..

fuck that shit. i'm glad axl decided to continue the legacy..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2005, 08:42:54 PM »

2002 tour cc pulled the plug, that's laughable..? Like they let the two opening acts play and they caused the riot?? If they pulled the plug no one would have played..

Again gnr is a business, the name is what sells, just like maiden or kiss, or any other established group, it's the name that sell with loyal fans, it's not about their newer material or which reincarnation the band is..? So selling out shows isn't anything in regards to the group, p[eople follow a name and it happens with most older groups..

some legacy, every show makes fun of him and the 2002 tour, and the vmas performance.. You actually have to play and release material to be continuing anything.. Axl's no known in the outside world as someone who has plastic surgery and has terrible braides, not really what I would call keeping the legacy going..
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2005, 09:02:52 PM »

I happen to agree with mike the most in that I agree it's from the name solely from which all of the attention and hype derives. Not only the name of Guns N' Roses, but of who's in charge. It has already been made a point that no one would have given as much of a shit about the rest of the crew if it weren't for the project they're involved in. They are so vulnerable to being poked fun at in the media because they keep a low profile and no one knows what the fuck is going on. The most this album is going to do, in my opinion, is shut those up who say they haven't done anything "in a decade." It isn't going to change their mind about the old band, the old material, and the old status. I believe it's always going to be considered Rose's solo project, but as I do believe he has and will deliver, at least some amount of respect will be granted towards them. If taking years off is what it takes to not blatantly screw up HUGE tours, than so be it. It's hard enough being a gunner fan nowadays because you just can't take something so ambiguous this seriously.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2005, 09:11:18 PM »

some legacy, every show makes fun of him and the 2002 tour, and the vmas performance.. You actually have to play and release material to be continuing anything.. Axl's no known in the outside world as someone who has plastic surgery and has terrible braides, not really what I would call keeping the legacy going..

well if thats how you feel what the fuck are you doing on a gnr board fuckface?  way to be supportive...
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2005, 09:20:27 PM »

Get lost, you. How about there are people who have been fans from the get-go, and just because they don't feel comfortable with how they're treated outside the Gunner territory, or how the band they care about is being percieved, it doesn't mean he's any less of a fan or cares any less about the future of it.  Roll Eyes
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2005, 09:38:24 PM »

if axl wasn't it the gnr name, i don't think it would be as succesfull as the asia and european tour tho  Smiley
or as intrestin 4 the general public  yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jgfnsr
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2005, 10:20:42 PM »

Am I the only one here who gets the feeling "AxlRoseVen" and "Jim Bob" are multiple-personalities of the same disturbed individual?? ?nervous? ? confused
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2005, 11:09:38 PM »

Am I the only one here who gets the feeling "AxlRoseVen" and "Jim Bob" are multiple-personalities of the same disturbed individual?? ?nervous? ? confused

send 'em both packin' i say

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2005, 11:12:29 PM »

it's not about their newer material or which reincarnation the band is.. ?So selling out shows isn't anything in regards to the group, p[eople follow a name and it happens with most older groups..

It obiviously wasnt about new material on the last tour. do you think your breaking ground with that comment? Like I have said, GNr will benefit from the name because they will have an established fan base. WIth that being said they still have to prove themselves in the longrun with the music. GNr will not be an overwhelming success if it just relys on its old fanbase. Plus I highly doubt GNR will market towards the older crowds. They are doing this as a new band type thing, hence will be trying to get NEW FANS. ?and how will they get new fans? BY THE MUSIC THEY MAKE. ?So, yes, the past tour wasnt for new material but future GNr endevours will center around the new material. And although most of the old fanbase is a lock they still have to prove thier worth to the old fans. SO its not a cakewalk.

To bad axl couldn't start his own band and not live off the old one and those hired players could earn their way..
If GNR do another 2002 tour, and re release old gnr material, then you will be correct, they ar eliving off the name. BUt I will guarentee you that will not be the case. They might have an established name but they still have to prove themselves with thier music. Music that will be compared to the old material...so for the new bands sake...it better be good....

"hired players" earn their way? Fuck off dude. If you still dont get this new band and what they are about and are then just fuk off or shut up. Im sick n tired of people claiming that this isnt a band. When in fact they are.

ALmost every VR article mentions stp and gnr. I have eben heard them being intorduced in a live festival show as former gnr members. Lets not make it seem like they are unknowns. People who care, know who VR are. WHat makes or breaks a band in terms of music...is..guess what...thier music...

thanks for proving my point

lets take a step back for a second. lets just go with your argument and say the gnr name is huge. which it is but in the terms you make it seem.....when peopel think of gnr today what do they think of?
They think of Axl and the whole make a perfect album thing. They are thinking about what must Axl be working on thats so important for him to "break up" the old band.....these peopel arent thinking about old gnr music. They are thinking about axl and the whole gnr myth, "joke" thing. Axl has created that. He has created a mystique and hasnt done jack shit.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2005, 12:22:28 AM »

this isnt to diss VR

but the reason GNR will sell more and do better is simply cause Axl Rose is more famous than all those guys combined

Axl Rose is one of the most recognizable personalities and voices in music history

VR had 2 number 1 singles so its pretty safe to say GNR will have as much chart success

the only difference is GNR will have success on the billboard top 100 charts where VR only made it to the tops of the mainstream rock and modern rock charts.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2005, 01:43:06 AM »

this isnt to diss VR

but the reason GNR will sell more and do better is simply cause Axl Rose is more famous than all those guys combined

Axl Rose is one of the most recognizable personalities and voices in music history

VR had 2 number 1 singles so its pretty safe to say GNR will have as much chart success

the only difference is GNR will have success on the billboard top 100 charts where VR only made it to the tops of the mainstream rock and modern rock charts.

I think that's over-estimating how famous Axl is a tad. He was one of the most identifiable figures back 10-15yrs ago, but he has a lot of catch-up to do. In actuality, there are plenty of people who regard him as nothing more than a curious footnote in music history - a rock-star who for better or worse is very attached to a certain age/era of music.
This is of course not my view, but one must put in perspective how long out of the spotlight Axls been. I certainly think that he did more harm than good in 2002 with his 'comeback'. It would have been far more effective a comeback with a killer CD to promote rather than a half-assed aborted tour and a dreadful performance on live TV.

I think Slash is easily as famous as Axl, but the name/image/brand Guns N' Roses is still extremley famous and Axl obviously saw this long ago...

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2005, 04:37:53 AM »

Am I the only one here who gets the feeling "AxlRoseVen" and "Jim Bob" are multiple-personalities of the same disturbed individual?   nervous    confused

why because we both support the band while others like Mike G sit here and whine and complain?
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2005, 05:55:26 AM »

why because we both support the band while others like Mike G sit here and whine and complain?

no, because you offer nothing to the discussion at hand - just bland/moronic drivel eg "what the fuck are you doing on a GN'R board fuckface".... and i've seen your past work

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2005, 07:42:38 AM »

no, because you offer nothing to the discussion at hand - just bland/moronic drivel eg "what the fuck are you doing on a GN'R board fuckface".... and i've seen your past work

+1, sorry Jim Bob but if stupid people knew they were stupid, they wouldn't act that way now would they? Think about it.

EDIT: Hmmyeah, shouldn't've contributed to the off-topic crap, but you know what they say about living with apes and trying to keep clean Wink
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 08:39:19 AM by Skeletor » Logged

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: