Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR to Tour Europe This Summer? Tommy thinks so...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR to Tour Europe This Summer? Tommy thinks so...  (Read 11447 times)
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2005, 04:58:10 AM »

well i take this as good news, if there finishing the mixing then they can master soon... and the potential dates... fuck i hope they happen, anything to have GNR out there again...

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Dust N Rose
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2005, 05:50:39 AM »

i hope they wouldnt tour europe without CD being releaaed first or at least a single with a releaae date.

They will not without Chinese Democracy, they said first comes the album then the tour.

how cum in all the interviews tommy does he has never been askt about Axl/guns n roses apparently performin at the superbowl?! i think he would know so things could be cleared up

Maybe because no one's heard of that rumour outside GN'R boards....

Indeed, not all of the journalists are predictors like us.  Grin

Anyway, as other people here said, Tommy speaking about possible summer dates is something not to get past.
madagas
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2005, 08:24:32 AM »

The album is not done until it is mixed, mastered, handed over to the record company, THE RECORD COMPANY HAS TO APPROVE OF THE RECORD, and a release date is set. Considering they haven't even decided on the tracklist, we have absolutely nothing new here. Sorry to be realistic.  no
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 08:41:29 AM by madagas » Logged
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2005, 09:40:01 AM »

I get a kick out of you people sometimes. Grin

You guys continue to get dupped into a new release date rumor every 3 months.  And even worse, you continue to believe a guy who has been right exactly zero times in the past.  How can you put any faith into anything Stinson says at this point?  I'm sure he means well, but he know next to nothing about the status of this project, and he has proved that over and over and over again.

I have no faith that CD will be out in 2005 and no reason to beleive a tour will take place in the summer.  I remember hearing rumors of tour dates in Decemer in Europe and see where that led.  I have heard rumors on this board (and yes direct quotes from Stinson and Reed) that the album was done and being mixed and a hair breaths away and etc in the past.  Yet despite all those previous statements, no CD.  What makes you guys think this one is any different?  Why do you continue to beleive in these people's statements when they have been wrong every other time in the past?  I understand that at some point one of these statements has to be right (law of percenatages I guess), but why do you all believe every one of these rumors? 

CD may come out before the summer, but it won't be validation of the accuracy of Stinson's statements as much as just the nature or percentages and the law of averages.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2005, 09:55:04 AM »

yeah, summertour 4 sure? peace

the music is done... it's been done 4 a while, only artwork left-
- and dozens of songs has been signed over 2 sanctuary? Wink
guess tommy and dizzy will b right afterall, lookin good 4 summertime gunners, are we ready?? beer

play norway 2 this summer wave

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2005, 10:42:27 AM »

You guys continue to get dupped into a new release date rumor every 3 months.? And even worse, you continue to believe a guy who has been right exactly zero times in the past.? How can you put any faith into anything Stinson says at this point?? I'm sure he means well, but he know next to nothing about the status of this project, and he has proved that over and over and over again.

I'm a skeptic too. But what makes this a bit more interesting than the usual "it's gonna be out soon" news is that the Sanctuary Publishing news article actually mentioned the fact that Axl had recorded songs for Universal Music.

So, not only is Tommy saying they have finished tracks, so is Sanctuary.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2005, 10:52:20 AM »

I'm really shocked by how long it takes to release this album! is it THAT complicated to release an album and make a tour? Come on, a band like U2 has probably made 3 or 4 world tours since we started to hear about Chinese Democracy in the late 90's, and has already released 3 albums! It's crazy.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 10:56:09 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2005, 11:01:07 AM »

I remember in 1998, I wasn't registrered here but I read the messages, and I remember people were talking about the "new album for very soon", and then in 1999, 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004 (tired?)...we are in 2005 and there is still nothing. Give me a break, I just don't understand. Lips Sealed

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2005, 11:08:16 AM »

Thanks for posting that.

Now he's mentioning touring plans in addition to the album's release.

/jarmo
You see, you gotta be, "optimist" my friend Wink

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2005, 11:13:14 AM »

i remember ther was "rumours about a new albume in 1995 / 1996 also.. I guess the rumours about a new GNR have exicisted since they released Spegatti. thats over 10 years ago now. Damn.!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RICHEY
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2005, 12:01:06 PM »

When is the last time Tommy spoke to Axl in person?The M.S.G. show?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2005, 12:10:35 PM »

oh please? He said that he went and listen to some of the final tracks before he wont on tour...  I guess they also meet to change presents during the hollidays!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2005, 01:25:32 PM »

You guys continue to get dupped into a new release date rumor every 3 months.? And even worse, you continue to believe a guy who has been right exactly zero times in the past.? How can you put any faith into anything Stinson says at this point?? I'm sure he means well, but he know next to nothing about the status of this project, and he has proved that over and over and over again.

I'm a skeptic too. But what makes this a bit more interesting than the usual "it's gonna be out soon" news is that the Sanctuary Publishing news article actually mentioned the fact that Axl had recorded songs for Universal Music.

So, not only is Tommy saying they have finished tracks, so is Sanctuary.

/jarmo

I have no doubt there are finished tracks.  As a metter of fact I'm positive they have had finished tracks since 2002 because i heard 3 of them at the Boston show I went to.  And if those were not finished tracks, then they were obviously close enough so that they could have been finished in a month or two worth of work on them.

My doubt lies in the things that come out of Stinson and Reed's mouth.  I think they both mean well and probably both have reason to believe what they say, but I also see a history of them saying things and those things being wrong. 

I guess what makes me slightly optimistic is the new publishing deal.  Maybe, just maybe, that is the piece of the puzzle that was needed to get the ball rolling.  But to be honest, I have no real positive feelings that it is.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2005, 01:27:53 PM »

Even Axl has mentioned planned releases in the past. Seems like there's always something that comes up....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2005, 01:50:12 PM »

the record has actually been mixing for about 4 years now...it's so mixed that it doesn't even sound anything like what it originally was....
roxxi
Opening Act

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2005, 03:13:22 PM »

the record has actually been mixing for about 4 years now...it's so mixed that it doesn't even sound anything like what it originally was....

LOL.

But seriously speaking, I'd rather listen to songs that were written half a year ago, than songs that have been mixed and re written dozens of times.  nervous
RICHEY
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2005, 03:17:24 PM »

Nytunz you are one sly cowboy.I know what you are getting at....A VERY SPECIAL GNR CHRISTMAS SHOW!They could all get together to exchange gifts on national television,this would be huge for CD! Axl by the fireplace, Tommy on his lap,Robin decorating the tree with his homemade collages.I think things are looking up in GNR World.....thanks to a great human being who is simlpy known by the name of nytunz.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2005, 04:29:24 PM »

Nytunz you are one sly cowboy.I know what you are getting at....A VERY SPECIAL GNR CHRISTMAS SHOW!They could all get together to exchange gifts on national television,this would be huge for CD! Axl by the fireplace, Tommy on his lap,Robin decorating the tree with his homemade collages.I think things are looking up in GNR World.....thanks to a great human being who is simlpy known by the name of nytunz.

LOL, the DVD will be out, sooner then later.. hehe.. Maybe Dizzy plays some christmas songs on Axl`s piano..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2005, 04:39:08 PM »

Yeah, I imagine a large part of the music has been basically done for quite some time, like a few years. At least once it must have been finished previous to the gnronline proclamation. But For some whatever reason or other it was set aside and meanwhile being polished and refreshed, expanded with new materials and bits here and there, it has been standing by for the final mixing n mastering till the release date is finally on the horizon, which is NOW.

just a thought but this theory fits in with what Tommy and Dizzy have said and all the then news.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2005, 12:30:07 AM »

I guess they also meet to change presents during the hollidays!
you can read all about it here http://www.gnroffline.tk/? Smiley

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: