Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:19:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A crazy thought...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A crazy thought...  (Read 7203 times)
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: February 05, 2005, 03:38:06 PM »

Okay...so I was racking my brain with a friend of mine trying to decide where or if we should go some where coming up on this spring break when my buddy said something like..."let's go visit Axl Rose..." we both had a good laugh and continued pondering other ideas and locations...some how we got back on the topic of how a person would go about "visiting" a celebraty or how you could even approach it. Is it even possible? Would a couple of college students even have a chance of being acknoledged by a celebraty...let a lone a recluse of a celebraty...

I keep picturing a Micheal Moore esque set up where I literaly walk up to the front door (as in Farenheit 9/11) and competely take a shot in the dark. Maybe approaching from a sort of documentary point of view...Huh

So here is the question I pose to all of you...is this half-witted idea even feasible? There is so much information to be attained before anyone could even begin to tackle such a task.

Hell...even I came up with a few...

Is this bordeline stalking/obsessing?
Am I crazy for even considering?
Where the hell does he actually live? Florida? would he even be there?
Would he even grant me an audience? Why would he?
If there was anything he wanted us (the fans) to know he probably have put it out in the press so what's the point?

and tons more...all the signs point to lame idea, but I'm still intrigued by it...on top of that, my buddy is a journalism major and he was dumbfounded by the idea bringing such an opportunity.

Anyway, I'm just asking for your input, or rather...your reaction to the idea...I want productive criticism if you are going to be negative...if you think the idea sucks...tell me why...

Also...Jarmo, I appolgize in advance as I could see how this topic may be breaking some rules or at least have the potential to break the rules...i urge you to end this discussion if you feel this is too great of a violation...(as if you needed my permission)

So...bring on the discussions!!!
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 03:56:31 PM »

Go and talk to Elvis instead, I hear its alot easier Cool

Seriously there is no chance in hell you would get to talk to him.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 04:01:28 PM »

my buddy is a journalism major

your buddy should have some insight on what it takes to arrange an interview with a celebrity.
on that note... it does not appear that Axl is interested in doing interviews at the present time.

i believe the next time Axl 'gets in touch' with us will be when the album release is announced and a tour is planned.

so i'd say... leave it at that.
if you want to express your support of Axl and the band that is great.
we so that all the time around here ?ok

but the whole idea of 'walking up to his front door'... ?
nah-uh

there are many of us that would love an opportunity to meet Axl Rose... one day...
but I'd bet you that none of us (including you) would want it to occur under circumstances which would, in and of themselves, turn the realization of a dream into a living nightmare... for you or him.

so you are right - its a crazy thought
hope i've helped bring you to your senses Wink

cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 05:09:11 PM »

I'm reminded of some young guys in LA.  Took a few chances, didn't play by the rules. 

You know who I'm talking about.

Got to work those crazy dreams to get there.

And if you do this,
your on your own man, I don't you.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

It'd be awesome, but I highly doubt Axl would just go out and talk to a random fan standing at his house. He has a security gate, also :p

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Dust N Rose
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 02:06:05 AM »

I'm reminded of some young guys in LA.? Took a few chances, didn't play by the rules.?

You know who I'm talking about.

Got to work those crazy dreams to get there.

And if you do this,
your on your own man, I don't you.

Nah, let them go, kids need to have stories to tell when they grow old.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 11:46:50 AM »

Yea

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 12:09:37 PM »

Yea

If you're just gonna reply like that, what's the point?

Sort it out.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 02:23:12 PM »

Everyone in LA probably knows where Roses mansion is. You can see it clearly at nite because of a large light shining from the property. The problem is getting onto the property. Rose doesnt open the gates for just anyone.
kiss-from-a-rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 04:58:07 PM »

I don't think it's good to get there (or in general at someone's private home) without invitation!
That's my point.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 05:11:07 PM »

you cant get near the house.  there is a huge gate.
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 08:50:59 PM »

I hope your ass gets stabbed by Axl...  just for thinking so hard about this and taking the time to write all that shit. 

peace
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 11:04:41 PM »

Hahaha...ass gets stabbed by Axl...haha. I think one of his bodyguards will just tell you to screw off.
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 12:58:09 AM »

Is this bordeline stalking/obsessing?

Yes

Am I crazy for even considering?

No

Where the hell does he actually live? Florida? would he even be there?

Why would you think he'd wanna see ya?

Would he even grant me an audience? Why would he?

Indeed, why would he? If you wanna know, write to the record label (Sanctuary Records). Or do a public web page stating you wanna talk to him for this and that reason. If it's interesting enough Axl might wanna see you, he'll write back to you. But that's his choice to decide, not YOURS. Does Axl come at your house unannounced? That's rude, and would you do that, I'd kick your ass.

If there was anything he wanted us (the fans) to know he probably have put it out in the press so what's the point?

People have no life of their own, creative jobs are rare...  people get bored so they have to go talk to Axl Rose.

mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 11:33:33 AM »

LMAO...

let me first start off by saying i appreciate your honestly, as brutal as it was from some of you...

I never realized that thinking out loud in a forum delegated for exactly that reason was grounds for being stabbed, eh Phoenix?

Anyway...as i said, it was just an idea...and if i were to carry it out, there would be a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it....and that's  basically what i'm getting at here....what would be the most appropriate way to carry it out while being respectful and as inconspicuous as possible.

I know it's wishful thinking but who knows what could come of it.

Thank you to those of you who offered some kind of support for the idea...it's easier to ridicule than it is to offer support or constructive criticism...don't let anyone ever accuse you of thinking Phoenix...lol

see yas
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 11:55:17 AM »

I'd go to California, get you picture taken in front of Axl's gated off estate and then go have FUN in California...there are a TON MORE FUN THINGS TO  do than try and talk to Axl Rose if you are in California...and the picture should be enough for the "when I was a young whipper snapper story that you will tell your grand kids when you're  old" ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 12:21:23 PM »

Do it.  Absolutely 100% do it.  But I have some sugestions:

1) Don't go actually expecting to talk to Axl. 

2) Film the WHOLE trip, from start to finish. You mentioned Micheal Moore in your post.  If you haven't, already, watch some of his older stuff.  That's what you're going for.  The shot of you buzzing the gate (His house is in Malibu, FYI) and being told to go fuck yourselves would be, if done right, just as satisfying of a climax to the documentary as actually bagging the interview...well, not just as satisfying, maybe.  Grin

4) Do some interviews with those who live nearby, work nearby, etc.  Random people who probably know absoltuely nothing about Axl.  Come up with a set of GOOD scripted questions about Axl and GnR.  Don't worry if you end up with a bunch of footage from people who know NOTHING about the recluse.  That could very well be the point of the film.

6) Watch the M. Night Shamalamadingdongdong "mockumentary" from the Sci fi network (you can buy or rent it on DVD right now).  Lose the supernatural leanings, and that piece would be a pretty good "model" for you.

7) Do other stuff in California...but film as much of it as you can.  The whole film should, eventually, when you edit it, be about YOUR search for Axl, not about Axl, himself, if you get my meaning.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 12:26:45 PM »

Do it.? Absolutely 100% do it.? But I have some sugestions:

1) Don't go actually expecting to talk to Axl.?

2) Film the WHOLE trip, from start to finish. You mentioned Micheal Moore in your post.? If you haven't, already, watch some of his older stuff.? That's what you're going for.? The shot of you buzzing the gate (His house is in Malibu, FYI) and being told to go fuck yourselves would be, if done right, just as satisfying of a climax to the documentary as actually bagging the interview...well, not just as satisfying, maybe.? Grin

4) Do some interviews with those who live nearby, work nearby, etc.? Random people who probably know absoltuely nothing about Axl.? Come up with a set of GOOD scripted questions about Axl and GnR.? Don't worry if you end up with a bunch of footage from people who know NOTHING about the recluse.? That could very well be the point of the film.

6) Watch the M. Night Shamalamadingdongdong "mockumentary" from the Sci fi network (you can buy or rent it on DVD right now).? Lose the supernatural leanings, and that piece would be a pretty good "model" for you.

7) Do other stuff in California...but film as much of it as you can.? The whole film should, eventually, when you edit it, be about YOUR search for Axl, not about Axl, himself, if you get my meaning.

That was hilarious!  hihi Do it!

(Just remember that he has a fondness for Uzi's and sawn off shotguns)

Here today...ready to rock
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 01:30:30 PM »

Do it.? Absolutely 100% do it.? But I have some sugestions:

1) Don't go actually expecting to talk to Axl.?

2) Film the WHOLE trip, from start to finish. You mentioned Micheal Moore in your post.? If you haven't, already, watch some of his older stuff.? That's what you're going for.? The shot of you buzzing the gate (His house is in Malibu, FYI) and being told to go fuck yourselves would be, if done right, just as satisfying of a climax to the documentary as actually bagging the interview...well, not just as satisfying, maybe.? Grin

4) Do some interviews with those who live nearby, work nearby, etc.? Random people who probably know absoltuely nothing about Axl.? Come up with a set of GOOD scripted questions about Axl and GnR.? Don't worry if you end up with a bunch of footage from people who know NOTHING about the recluse.? That could very well be the point of the film.

6) Watch the M. Night Shamalamadingdongdong "mockumentary" from the Sci fi network (you can buy or rent it on DVD right now).? Lose the supernatural leanings, and that piece would be a pretty good "model" for you.

7) Do other stuff in California...but film as much of it as you can.? The whole film should, eventually, when you edit it, be about YOUR search for Axl, not about Axl, himself, if you get my meaning.

EXCELLENT...now that's the kind of feedback I've been looking for...I get exactly what you mean...

where can i get these Michael Moore films from the early days? and this is something I could definately sell to my friends (the idea).

I have approx. 6 weeks to get this all together so lay it on me... I like where you're going with this.

I have a few questions...

Have you any experience with this? What is the best way to approach people? things of that nature...what type of equiptment would you use...etc...

I love it...keep the ideas rollin'

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 01:48:29 PM »

Some great ideas. Maybe just to balance out all the people that know "nothing" of Axl- you should go down to the Sunset Strip and see if you can get some people (i.e. club owners, bar employees, etc.) who may have known Axl back in the day to talk a little bit. There should at least be some people down there who were around when Guns shut down the entire Strip for the Estranged video. Maybe go to that club where Axl made his first live appearance in nearly seven years with Gilby Clarke in '00- see if anybody wants to talk in there. See if you can dig up the address of the sh!thole apartment in LA where the whole band lived before they made it big. Maybe a few shots of the main Greyhound Bus Depot in LA where Axl first arrived in LA, etc. That way you'll get a "sense" of Axl's presence in the film even if you never get the guy on tape. Just don't cross the line into being too harassing of the man himself and I think you'll have a great project there. Good luck! beer
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 01:50:05 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: