Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:38:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Were Mike Patton and Sebastian Bach being considered for VR??
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Were Mike Patton and Sebastian Bach being considered for VR??  (Read 9658 times)
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 09:57:30 PM »

I read on a magazie that when they called Patton his manager sayd:"do you really think Mike will go there an sing Welcome To The Jungle??Come oooon!"

Edit:Just found the magazine.It was the Argentinian Rolling Stone wich had a the chronological story of? and VR.

Baby Slash//

LOL!! Really? Mikes manager said that?! I guess it's true though. I love Mike Pattons voice, he really is one of the greatest (If not the greatest) singer in rock n roll right now and can make just about any noise imaginable with his voice, BUT I don't think he'd have fit VR at all, mainly due to how experimental he is (Just listen to the 2 Tomahawk CD's or Mr Bungle to see what I mean!). Scott is a better fit definately and again is an extremely talented singer (plus his lyrics make a bit more sense than some of Pattons more recent work!). I think Sebastian couldve fit in well with VR but as others said they would then have been deemed as '80's throwbacks' I guess.

I'm not sure about this theory of the Little Hell singer being used for the documentary but even if he was I doubt he'd give a fuck. I mean it's give him and his band exposure (had u ever heard of Little Hell before?!) and he gets to tell his mates in the pub he jammed with Slash! For the record I thought he was a great singer, much better than that stripper girl dude!! He was just so cheesy it was unbelievable!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post, found out a lot of shit I didn't know! Cheers  beer

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 11:23:57 PM »

I really like Patton but I think VR was going for commercial success, and I don't see Patton compromizing his crazy experimental visions.

Bach would have been so disgustingly amazing with VR, words can't even describe. I don't agree with the 80's throwback argument. The man is a musician, I am sure he could have made music which sounds modern, he is currently working on a progressive rock album. But I wouldn't want to be in a band with him simply because he is a bozo. He is arrogant, acts like an asshole half the time, and would probably not get along with anyone, especially people who aren't planning on sucking up to him.

So, in a way, Scott was probably the best person when considering what Slash and co. wanted to accomplish.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2005, 01:05:42 AM »

I really like Patton but I think VR was going for commercial success, and I don't see Patton compromizing his crazy experimental visions.

Bach would have been so disgustingly amazing with VR, words can't even describe. I don't agree with the 80's throwback argument. The man is a musician, I am sure he could have made music which sounds modern, he is currently working on a progressive rock album. But I wouldn't want to be in a band with him simply because he is a bozo. He is arrogant, acts like an asshole half the time, and would probably not get along with anyone, especially people who aren't planning on sucking up to him.

So, in a way, Scott was probably the best person when considering what Slash and co. wanted to accomplish.

Yeah I agree, have a listen to Baz's last album with Skid Row (Subhuman Race) and he was more than capable of singing modern heavy rock. It's a shame that he gets considered as an 80's hair singer.

But Scott was a good choice, and the more I see and hear from him live with VR, the more he reminds me of an early AFD era Axl Rose.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2005, 12:45:57 PM »

You miss my point... my point is that one of the reasons that they aren't together anymore (a reason stated by both sides) is that Axl wanted to progress... to push the envelope, and Slash didn't.?

So, yes, Axl is beyond their league -? as is Mike Patton.? Scott... on the other hand... is perfect.

You are an idiot. Here is the true perspective. You can't have a band member that wants to take the bands music in a whole other direction and expect the rest of the group to just follow. It has to work for everyone. Also, I heard another "Axl ass-kisser" say that Axl is always following what is popular in music. He follows the trends basically. My question is, "Why doesn't Axl have the balls to start a new trend?"

Onto the Bach perspective. I can agree that Bach would have been fucking incredible. But when you have guys from two 80's bands (two of the best) you are going to catch some flak from people. Skid Row was awsome but I don't know why Slash said that VR with Bach sounded like Skid Row. Both lead guitarist did different things. Slash was more aggressive while Sabo used sqealing guitars. Plus the guy played with fenders...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2005, 05:36:58 PM »

You are an idiot.

People who can't understand the following sentence shouldn't judge others: It's not cool to insult other members of this board!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2005, 06:05:21 PM »

Having heard 'Contraband' and then listening to a few FNM and Mr Bungle albums, I can't help but think VR would be a completely different band to that which they are today. confused

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: