Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver in FHM
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver in FHM  (Read 3773 times)
Beowulf
« on: February 04, 2005, 03:52:53 AM »

Here's a new interview that is in the March edition of FHM magazine.

---

Most rockers get fat and boring. How have you managed to stay interesting?
Duff:
Fat and bloated is not a good look. I do kickboxing six days a week and I still have a full head of hair.
Slash:
On the last tour, a maid yelled at me for getting hair dye all over the hotel-room bathroom. I dye it black every eight months or so.
Scott:
There is no other band that's at the level we're at. Just because you stop doing drugs doesn't mean you're going to change who you are. We've lived every step we talk about. We've earned every scrape. We're not a fucking fairy tale.

What's life like on the road now that you're more sober?
Slash:
When I was 18 or 19, I'd wake up in a chandelier but still be able to make it to the gig on time, as Keith Richards would put it. Now a good time for me is a bottle of wine, some Guinnesses and a few cigarettes.
Scott:
I think there's a misconception with Velvet Revolver that we've put down the spoon and put up a peace sign. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. I believe in moderation - and that includes moderation.
Duff:
I can remember gigs now. In my old passport, there are stamps of countries I don't remember going to. We were playing in Holland last April and Matt [Sorum, drums] said to me, "Blind Melon opened for Guns N Roses here in '93." I had no idea.

He could be making that up.
Duff:
I saw Brian May from Queen recently. I said to him, "Remember when you, me and [Black Sabbath bass player] Geezer Butler went on that weeklong boat trip to Spain?" He replied, "Um, that wasn't me." To this day I can picture Brian May and me having a great time on that boat. We went swimming; we drank a lot. Maybe it was the guys from Suicidal Tendencies instead."

You're husbands and fathers now. How does that affect your ability to rock?
Scott:
I fuck my wife as much as I can.
Duff:
When we toured Europe last year, our kids came along. On the bus, Scott would get the Powerpuff DVD out and we'd all watch it. We kid-proofed the tour bus too so they wouldn't fall down the stairs. The hard thing is to make sure they don't have to poop on the bus.

Why is that?
Duff:
Dude, that's rock n' roll rule No. 1: No one is allowed to shit on the bus. Everyone knows that.

---

I guess Weiland has decided to kick it up a notch in his interviews.? hihi
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 03:55:11 AM by Beowulf » Logged
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 09:31:13 AM »

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Duff is hilarious, he rocks!!!

That was fun!!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 08:44:24 PM »

Now, this is what I call and short, but awsome interview.Rock on VR smoking!!

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 10:53:09 AM »

yeah that was great!

guess scott still kicks back with a spoon in his hand, sometimes! i love that, if he was all clean as a whistle he's be boring i think, or at least not so intreaging or whatever...

wonder how slash would look with all gray hair?  hihi

Lets say that Axl would have said that to brian may and may would have replied that it wasn't him, i think that would make axl fuckin' embarassed while duff is just like, huh, it has to be somebody else then, kind of wonder who?? cool to see someone as laid back as that... ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: