Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:50:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose signs Publishing Deal
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose signs Publishing Deal  (Read 70984 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2005, 11:09:16 AM »

i never thought of axl as a person whould sell out, so i have a little hard time believing that, but why was this deal made do you think? for what reasons? there has to be something more important than the ten mill up front??

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2005, 11:40:35 AM »

So is Slash confirming that Axl hasn't lost his publishing rights? I was under the impression that Slash and Duff were claiming he gave them up when the resigned from the old Gnr and took ownership of the name.

Clearly this deal has nothing to do with the lawsuit. Axl grabbed some cash from Sanctuary, perhaps he needed some liquidity. the catalog of CD isn't a bad move, but giving Sanctuary the right to control use of the back catalog is disturbing to me.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2005, 11:51:40 AM »

yes norway, it was the back catalog as well as the futures.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2005, 11:58:50 AM »

Hey, mate. Forget the bonus not?
is the originals then? thats cool too  Cheesy
Sort of....new original? I meant the bonus may come in handy sometime or other.
I mean, whose approval would be required on every deal for these rerecorded songs?
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2005, 12:08:36 PM »

Is it anyway possibly to see the terms of the contract signed? Mysteron?

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2005, 12:15:55 PM »

it's kinda cool since it's in future it can be gnr from same source regardles of content, era and album Smiley
did i get that right? good move if so  peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2005, 12:32:33 PM »

Clearly this deal has nothing to do with the lawsuit. Axl grabbed some cash from Sanctuary, perhaps he needed some liquidity. the catalog of CD isn't a bad move, but giving Sanctuary the right to control use of the back catalog is disturbing to me.
I think otherwise. The lawsuits might have something to do with the deal.
You can?t see the wood for the trees. 
For instance, what did Axl say in regard to CD in London 02, which Norway often quotes.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2005, 01:53:51 PM »

I think otherwise. The lawsuits might have something to do with the deal.
You can?t see the wood for the trees. 
For instance, what did Axl say in regard to CD in London 02, which Norway often quotes.

Yeah, I can see what you are saying. The deal could be struck down if the court rules that axl didn't own the publishing rights that he sold to Sanctuary for the next twenty years. Mysteron was correct; the gnr partnershp will not be happy with Sanctuary's role in ownership of the rights. I expect the consequences of the Slash/Duff v. Axl verdict just become substantially more grave for both sides.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2005, 02:40:52 PM »

I merged the "Final phase" and the "publishing deal" threads since they're basically about the same things, which are Axl signing the deal and what it might mean for the future of GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2005, 02:47:19 PM »

It's pretty obvious what's happened

Axl must be struggling financially - a nice round figure of 10 million in his bank balance would help clear certain debts he owes with certain record labels - which would indicate, no album for some time.....

Just my point of view.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2005, 02:53:46 PM »

It's pretty obvious what's happened

Axl must be struggling financially - a nice round figure of 10 million in his bank balance would help clear certain debts he owes with certain record labels - which would indicate, no album for some time.....

Just my point of view.

That's a possibility.

But at the same time, the news report on Sanctuary's site mentioned recently recorded tracks. So, who knows.

Would they mention those if they weren't finished or close to being finished?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2005, 02:57:23 PM »

FUCKING LAWYERS rant

I'm getting utterly confused now. One minute the Slash/Duff thing has nothing to do with the release of CD, now it appears the two are intrinsically linked.

rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

Here today...ready to rock
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2005, 03:04:41 PM »

idea is it not a sign that the legal issues been worked out...?
at least slash and duff must negotiate with sanctuary instead of axl, and axl-sanctuary, uh... i think so? nervous
anyway, the said next step is workin out a release date? beer
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 04:02:46 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2005, 03:17:19 PM »

Slash's statement makes it painfully obvious that the legal issues have not been worked out.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2005, 03:23:17 PM »

I don't know. My instincts tell me that this is a pretty good deal for Axl. ?10 Million to walk away from that mess of having to get Slash and Duff to agree on every request to use a GN'R song. Those three guys have been hardly able to agree on anything for 15 years and the animousity is only sure to grow as VR and nu GNR are sure to be in direct competition with each other over the next few years. There's a good chance Axl never would have seen ?10 Million by retaining his share. Of course, Slash and Duff could try to put the blade to Axl by licensing GN'R songs left and right now that he's not in the royalty picture for 20 years- but that would be "selling out".

As far as Axl goes- I hope the ?10 Million is headed straight into his own personal vaults and not "needed" to pay off CD debts. Otherwise, the stakes for CD just got raised that much higher.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2005, 03:52:27 PM »

But at the same time, the news report on Sanctuary's site mentioned recently recorded tracks. So, who knows.

Would they mention those if they weren't finished or close to being finished?

I'd be willing to bet Axl finally let Sanctuary listen to the finalized tracks. Maybe that was the final nail in the coffin for this deal. I'd bet Sanctuary would want an idea of what the future investment was before jumping on this deal on Axl's terms. Because lets face it, Axl wouldn't go into a contract at this point without having it his way. He's been there, done that, and I think he is ready to move forward finally.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2005, 04:10:53 PM »

Its paionfully obvious now that slash and duff are trying everything they can to stop cd from coming out. The lawsuit proves that, and also the fact that duffs lawyers are going to challenge the deal between Axl and Sanctuary. Which if Duff wins that would result in more delays for CD. What a bunch of nice guys salsh and duff are hey?  Roll Eyes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2005, 04:11:16 PM »

Yeah, I can see what you are saying. The deal could be struck down if the court rules that axl didn't own the publishing rights that he sold to Sanctuary for the next twenty years. Mysteron was correct; the gnr partnershp will not be happy with Sanctuary's role in ownership of the rights. I expect the consequences of the Slash/Duff v. Axl verdict just become substantially more grave for both sides.
headscratch you got me right perhaps. I was thinking about a long possible plot that was thickened with the release of GH and that lil S+D's suit. If so, now the word is soon and hey, what a cheek, whoever the wiser is. Yeah, Cheek it!

And no, I expect  the Karma of Slash/Duff v. Axl is coming to an end thanks to this deal. It's almost there. In large, maybe their suit is not that big deal to begin with. Further more, when the final verdict doesn?t seem to be brought in for, say a couple of decades easy, who is the wiser?

That?s just a thought but maybe correct.
usurper
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2005, 04:20:09 PM »

I don't understand. Has Axl just written away his royalties and sold out?
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2005, 05:01:05 PM »

Sp1at have incorrectly made a report out of the information posted on www.snakepit.org. Slash HASN'T issued a statement, the webmaster contacted his management for info. Read it again.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: