Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:37:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose signs Publishing Deal
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose signs Publishing Deal  (Read 70763 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2005, 01:49:11 AM »

Quote from: steve on Yesterday at 06:33:06 PM

Sanctuary said that it did expect to generate about ?50 million from exploiting Guns N? Roses hits through film soundtracks, cover versions and their use in advertisements.

This was my first thought when I saw the deal was made.
The cashing in on the back catalog through film and other artists
covering their music. The only downfall is that GnR's music could become overcommercialized, and I hope the band doesn't lose credibility for it.

This has been a big concern of mine for a while now as well.? However, the way I see it, over-comercialization can only lead to a larger, modern day fan following of GN'R.? The songs thus far heard on Chinese Democracy as well as the vast majority of previous Guns tracks are too indepth to be used in your average car commercial.? Playing WTTJ or PC at a football game or in a video game commerical is one thing, I think one would be hardpressed to find a commerical that could use November Rain, Estranged, Rocket Queen, Don't Cry and arguably even SCOM.? ?I could be wrong, but Greatest Hits has had an impact on the youth of America and Guns is definitely gaining some of the attention it lost after the Illusion tours.? The music industry itself will make a huge ordeal (rightfully so) over Chinese Democracy and draw the attention of millions to this album.? While the MTV masses may not get or be drawn to CD, the types of people who would compose the fanbase we are all part of would be attracted.? When it comes down to it, I don't care how someone is brought to Guns N' Roses, all I ask is that they remain a true fan and don't attach themselves to Guns for the desire of being trendy of "cool".? Guns N' Roses have never been about an image, GN'R has always been about serious, real fuckin' rock n' roll.? Anyone who can realize this is welcome in my book.? yes? smoking

-- Guns N RockMusic
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 01:53:14 AM by Guns N RockMusic » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2005, 01:54:59 AM »

I'm not afraid that Sanctuary will sell GNR songs to anyone cause of this little phrase that said:

Other rivals have offered much more money but Rose was pleased with the terms Sanctuary offered. (or something like that)

Which basically means that Axl will have an opinion on where the songs will be licensed to.

And I believe that this deal was made cause of the lawsuit Slash and Duff made against Axl back in August (don't remember the exact month) cause it says that Sanctuary will make 50 million pounds out of this deal. Imagine how much Axl, Slash and Duff will make. Now they can accuse him of nothing.

If it doesn't have anything to do with that lawsuit, then we're really close to the release of the album...

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2005, 01:58:51 AM »

Each day that passes is one more day towards the release of Chinese Democracy.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2005, 02:05:03 AM »

So Axl may have finally started the littlle snow flake that creates the big avalanche! ?hihi

Nevertheless, this is big news about GNR worth responding to. I certainly hope the new songs can matchup to the sucesses of their predecessors and are worth sharing the GNR name. Whatever it does, I hope it clears away the lawyers once and for all and Axl can finally put out some music. I will judge Axl the same way everyone with a reasonable objective and subjective mind can judge the guy. If its great, I'll say so and back it up - if it sucks, I'll say so to that and back it up.
So I'll just say this is good news.
Good Nite
 beer
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2005, 02:23:10 AM »

So Axl may have finally started the littlle snow flake that creates the big avalanche!  hihi

Nevertheless, this is big news about GNR worth responding to. I certainly hope the new songs can matchup to the sucesses of their predecessors and are worth sharing the GNR name. Whatever it does, I hope it clears away the lawyers once and for all and Axl can finally put out some music. I will judge Axl the same way everyone with a reasonable objective and subjective mind can judge the guy. If its great, I'll say so and back it up - if it sucks, I'll say so to that and back it up.
So I'll just say this is good news.
Good Nite
 beer
MNR

ummmm. ok. Why is this worth saying? Were you planning on doing otherwise?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2005, 05:24:03 AM »

Deke Arlon, Sanctuary?s head of publishing, said: ?After The Beatles and Queen there doesn?t come much bigger in the rock canon than Guns N? Roses. We spent years trying to find the right deal and we are delighted with acquiring a slice of rock history.?
I like this part of the article? ok
me2? ok or this
Sanctuary said that it did expect to generate about ?50 million from exploiting Guns N? Roses hits through film soundtracks, cover versions and their use in advertisements
who said the general public didn't care and gnr was fadin?
it's so cool the they actually have dozens of new songs liceneced just waiting to be published? beer

wave thanks 2 the new posters 4 providing the links?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 08:36:35 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2005, 08:37:52 AM »

FINALLY, some great news. I'm a little surprised about the timing however - was this timed to co-incide with Sanctuary's annual results or Axl's plans? Cynics could argue this was just a clever PR exercise.

Also I'm surprised there wasn't more info about the band...the fact that the headline was 'Axl Rose Signs to Sanctuary Publishing' and the article mentions 'Roses Contribution to such hits' and 'new tracks Rose has recently (??) recorded' really puts the spotlight on Axl, and I thought this was meant to be a band effort.

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2005, 09:41:10 AM »

Haven't other members signed to Sanctuary Publishing yet?
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2005, 09:44:13 AM »

guess they don't have the samle legal rights to the material as axl has, so formally seen it's axl's
tho practicly it's a band effort,  Wink

fartinabag
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2005, 12:34:57 PM »

Check out sp1at.com news section. It appears contact has been made with Merk who said the publishing deal essentially means that Sanctuary can finally set a release date for Chinese Democracy.  He said  :beer:once the plans have been finalized the fans would be notified regarding an anouncement regarding CD!!!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2005, 12:37:45 PM »

yeah! This is great,(if its true then) But im very positive about this! Im gonne get really drunk today! And tell everyone whats happening! LOL

peace    Kiss     beer   

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2005, 12:39:56 PM »

"The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music."

I think this bit read:
1)Rose's contribution to dozens of new tracks, which Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music, are covered under the deal.
2)Also Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal

+bonus
3)what's more, Rose's contribution to dozens of old tracks, which Rose has newly recorded with current members.  ok
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2005, 12:49:39 PM »

+bonus
3)what's more, Rose's contribution to dozens of old tracks, which Rose has newly recorded with current members.? ok
that was exactly my idea too  Cheesy

Philly Rose
Crazy AND German
Headliner

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2005, 12:50:52 PM »

I'm amazed by the whole facts that coming over and over. I will party today and have a nice evening.  peace

Forget about me. You can't tell me.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2005, 12:55:40 PM »

yeah! This is great
the waves already set in motion headbanger

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2005, 12:57:14 PM »

As reported yesterday, Axl Rose, after months of negotiations, has signed a music publishing deal with Sanctuary Group. But what does this mean for Guns n'roses?

Splat spoke to Merck Mercuriadis, CEO of Sanctuary and manager of Axl Rose, who told us that the deal essentially means that Sanctuary can finally set about planning the release of the forthcoming Guns n'roses album, Chinese Democracy. Whether this means we will see the first single from Chinese Democracy tied to a soundtrack remains to be seen. But it is clear now that Guns n'roses have at last entered the final phase with regards to their forthcoming album, and that can only mean good news for the fans.

Mercuriadis also told Splat that once the plans had been finalised, they would then issue an release announcement for the new album.

In summary: Good FUCKIN' News
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2005, 01:02:34 PM »

great Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2005, 03:09:03 PM »

Amen. ok

-F
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2005, 03:12:40 PM »

great news
we were speculating about what the publishing deal meant...
very nice to have this comment from Merck

awesome
 ok
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2005, 03:15:15 PM »

I'm taking this news with alot of hope and excitement. I hope it's getting close. yes ok

beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: