Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck says Slash and Duff won't delay CD
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck says Slash and Duff won't delay CD  (Read 10727 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2005, 10:40:06 AM »

Reason why Slash and Duff are bitchin iz cause there wifes tell them too. Thats the fuckin truth, there pussy wiped little bitches. If they'd just look at them selfs in the mirror and come to terms with themselfs, they fucked up, instead of paying for legal advice, back when they were still in GNR,  they were dumping there money into drugs and alcohol etc... Shit, listen to them talk, there brains are half fried. There's nothing like a stumbling rehaber 14 years later to come and fuck things up for Merck and the new GNR. Axl has these guys spinning there wheels and spending there money on attorney fees.   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005, 11:09:34 AM »

Reason why Slash and Duff are bitchin iz cause there wifes tell them too. Thats the fuckin truth, there pussy wiped little bitches. If they'd just look at them selfs in the mirror and come to terms with themselfs, they fucked up, instead of paying for legal advice, back when they were still in GNR,? they were dumping there money into drugs and alcohol etc... Shit, listen to them talk, there brains are half fried. There's nothing like a stumbling rehaber 14 years later to come and fuck things up for Merck and the new GNR. Axl has these guys spinning there wheels and spending there money on attorney fees.? ?

Well fuckin Said. Back in 91-93 they didn't care about gnr business at all. Their main concern were their own needs and pleasure. Drugs alcohol... They Fuckin left Axl to Deal with all the business. Now they come 10 Years later and complain. No they have wifes and children and they care for the fuckin Money. Oh Well I expect to fuckin loose the case...? Double Talkin Jives.....

« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 12:04:01 PM by GNROSAS » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2005, 11:12:18 AM »

Huh

How lucky they were that Axl came, blackmailed and made them sign a contract to control GN'R's name. Without this, they would have been lost.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005, 11:28:45 AM »

Huh

How lucky they were that Axl came, blackmailed and made them sign a contract to control GN'R's name. Without this, they would have been lost.

It was their Fuckin Fault that they signed the name to Axl. That they signed the name means that they didn't care too much about the Fuckin Name. They were 3 People against 1 and they let Axl do what he wanted. They are too damn stupid. On the other Hand Axl probably saw that they didn't care so much about Gnr ant they mainly cared about drugs and booze and that made him Afraid. What if these guys Die tommorow? I will lose the Fuckin GNR Name that i had created. SO i will ask them to sign me the name
and let them waste their lives if they want....Axl Had a vison to move Forward create music and live. Slash & Duff didn't care if they die tommorow.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005, 11:38:17 AM »

Huh

From what I've heard and read, one of the primary reasons Axl "did it" was he was afraid of what would happen should the band break up.  He wanted to ensure that what he worked so hard for was not ruined by people he felt he could no longer trust, mostly due to sobriety issues.  He also wanted to avoid a prolonged court battle over just who controlled the name should the band break up (and, by that point, he figured it was just a matter of time).  Given music history, it wasn't a bad idea.  Now, certainly, the manner in which he did it might be questioned (the blackmail you reference above)...though again, there are various versions of the story out there....but his reasoning, at least, wasn't all that out of line.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2005, 12:22:52 PM »

Huh

It was their Fuckin Fault that they signed the name to Axl. That they signed the name means that they didn't care too much about the Fuckin Name. They were 3 People against 1 and they let Axl do what he wanted. They are too damn stupid. On the other Hand Axl probably saw that they didn't care so much about Gnr ant they mainly cared about drugs and booze and that made him Afraid. What if these guys Die tommorow? I will lose the Fuckin GNR Name that i had created. SO i will ask them to sign me the name
and let them waste their lives if they want....Axl Had a vison to move Forward create music and live. Slash & Duff didn't care if they die tommorow.

It's as ridiculous as the whole. It's fantastic that you can make an ideology of why it was right that Axl mucked the others up.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2005, 12:37:22 PM »

Huh

It's as ridiculous as the whole. It's fantastic that you can make an ideology of why it was right that Axl mucked the others up.

They Mucked themselves For not being responsible For their actions.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2005, 12:41:14 PM »

Cmon dude. If Slash and company had any brains at all they wouldnt have signed that deal. They keep saying they did it just to keep things going. Why not just walk out on Axl right then and there and say Fuck you. Axl would have been completely to blame for breaking up the old band. Plus I highly doubt Axl would have never played with them again if they didnt sign it. After a few days he would have came back to his senses and realized its too big of a band to just let go.

And as the guy in BTM said....Axl did it so that if in CASE ?the old gnr band broke up 1 day, Axl wanted to make sure he was the one who ultimately decided whats to come next...if anything...

Instead they chose to sign it and are not living with the consequences.

From what I've heard and read, one of the primary reasons Axl "did it" was he was afraid of what would happen should the band break up. ?He wanted to ensure that what he worked so hard for was not ruined by people he felt he could no longer trust, mostly due to sobriety issues. ?He also wanted to avoid a prolonged court battle over just who controlled the name should the band break up (and, by that point, he figured it was just a matter of time). ?Given music history, it wasn't a bad idea. ?Now, certainly, the manner in which he did it might be questioned (the blackmail you reference above)...though again, there are various versions of the story out there....but his reasoning, at least, wasn't all that out of line.
excellent post

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2005, 01:33:53 PM »

Reason why Slash and Duff are bitchin iz cause there wifes tell them too. Thats the fuckin truth, there pussy wiped little bitches. If they'd just look at them selfs in the mirror and come to terms with themselfs, they fucked up, instead of paying for legal advice, back when they were still in GNR,? they were dumping there money into drugs and alcohol etc... Shit, listen to them talk, there brains are half fried. There's nothing like a stumbling rehaber 14 years later to come and fuck things up for Merck and the new GNR. Axl has these guys spinning there wheels and spending there money on attorney fees.? ?

see now thats a comment! if they really cared about gn'r and not their own and theyr wifes egos they would have trusted axl and gn'r would still be intact!

Axl just saw ahead of time and dealt with it, so did Izzy i believe... duff and slash never did anything but ride the wave, and now the wave is comming down... axl jumped off while the wave was at it's highest and now he's lurking the water waiting for the next big one! Grin

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2005, 02:14:41 PM »

I let my kids listen to Duff and Slash talk,  using them as an example of thats your brain after drugs and alcohol. My thirteen year old says, how could Axl stand them there stupid, there just now figuring out whats happened? I said no, there wifes knew but at the time they were so high, drug and alcoho were more important. But dad, there sick don't they know what they did, they'll never be well again. That's a great example of what drugs do to people.   

GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2005, 02:22:44 PM »

I let my kids listen to Duff and Slash talk,? using them as an example of thats your brain after drugs and alcohol. My thirteen year old says, how could Axl stand them there stupid, there just now figuring out whats happened? I said no, there wifes knew but at the time they were so high, drug and alcoho were more important. But dad, there sick don't they know what they did, they'll never be well again. That's a great example of what drugs do to people.? ?

Nice Post Wink Wink
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2005, 03:41:57 PM »

I let my kids listen to Duff and Slash talk,? using them as an example of thats your brain after drugs and alcohol. My thirteen year old says, how could Axl stand them there stupid, there just now figuring out whats happened? I said no, there wifes knew but at the time they were so high, drug and alcoho were more important. But dad, there sick don't they know what they did, they'll never be well again. That's a great example of what drugs do to people.? ?

Slash and Duff are more succesful than many people ever will be. You could have used some better examples for your son. Duff is supposedly a genius, and has business plans after VR is over. Slash is more laid back, but a lead guitar player that made millions playing in 2 different bands. These guys were not drug free, but the way they rebuilt a new band after retiring from GNR is brilliant. They both made probably close to $10M in the past year, and helped write some good songs.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

Duff is supposedly a genius,

A genius?

Who's he supposedly a genius to?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 04:34:19 PM »

A genius?

Who's he supposedly a genius to?

Well i guess not you, but to normal people he can be considered genius. Successful anyways.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2005, 07:01:25 PM »

Duff by far my friend is no genius.  A genius is someone that's extremely smart. Smart enough to not be out smarted, that means Axl would be considered beyond genius. Wow. By the way, money has nothing to do with being a genius or successful. 

axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2005, 07:10:54 PM »

If Duff is such a smart guy I wonder why he drank so much to make his pancreas burst.  Common sense would tell me that this is not a good thing.
Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2005, 08:12:51 PM »

that means Axl would be considered beyond genius. Wow. By the way, money has nothing to do with being a genius or successful.?

lol....you're corect sir. I don't know how the hell Axl did that? How could this 4 morons in GNR give Axl the right to GNR?....it's like giving someone your bank account.....yeah man, take all my money, who gives a shit! 10 years lader....Oh fuck! what did we do?   rofl
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2005, 08:39:52 PM »

lol....you're corect sir. I don't know how the hell Axl did that? How could this 4 morons in GNR give Axl the right to GNR?....it's like giving someone your bank account.....yeah man, take all my money, who gives a shit! 10 years lader....Oh fuck! what did we do?? ?rofl

Its safe to say you really have no idea what youre talking about...

A lot of stupidity in this thread... Roll Eyes
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2005, 08:45:46 PM »

would you care to point out to whom you are speaking?

I think younggunner's point is as valid as Slash/Duff 's explanation. Axl hasn't been too forthcoming about the issue, but I can at least see where he was coming from. The band was being destroyed by its rampant drug use. Axl's ego may have been unchecked but he at least was the one who saw the writing on the wall.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2005, 08:59:01 PM »

I guess Slash and Duff could sue Axl back then - or blackmailing someone is legal in USA?
I really don't think all this thing happened like that. There's something more than what Slash and Duff said.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: