Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck says Slash and Duff won't delay CD
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck says Slash and Duff won't delay CD  (Read 10738 times)
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« on: February 03, 2005, 02:48:47 PM »

Yesterday http://www.sp1at.com/ reported that Merck Mercuriadis has stated that despite slash and duff's opposition to the new publishing deal, they will not delay Chinese Democracy in any way...

by the way...where did this splat site come from, and how do they know everything that goes on? are they just making this shit up or what?

here's the link to the story:

http://www.sp1at.com/1000000085.html
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 02:50:21 PM »

That's the old GN'R rumor board....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »

Yeah so they could just be making this shit up.  ok

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 02:54:34 PM »

Yesterday http://www.sp1at.com/ reported that Merck Mercuriadis has stated that despite slash and duff's opposition to the new publishing deal, they will not delay Chinese Democracy in any way...

Of course Slash and Duff won't delay CD in any way .... we've got Axl to do that!!! ?hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 03:03:33 PM »

Merck was simply asked, "Is it business as normal with regards to Chinese
Democracy? Are you still planning as you mentioned last
week?"

To which he simply replied, "It is business as normal."

He didn't explicitly state "Duff and Slash's opposition to Axl's new publishing deal won't interfere with our plans for the album."

Ali
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 03:13:22 PM »

Sanctuary's original press release stands and that is on Sanctuary's website

Everything else is bike-shed talk. Ignore everything
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 03:16:05 PM »

thanks for clering tht up mysteron

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 03:19:56 PM »

As Ali said, the statement on the Splat site has been taken massively out of context. The original statement read:

As reported by AP, Duff McKagan has voiced opposition to the recent music publishing agreement between Sanctuary Music and Axl Rose.

Merck Mercuriadis, despite recent silence over this issue, has told Splat that despite this opposition by Duff McKagen to the aforementioned deal, it is "business as normal" with regards to the new Guns n'roses album, Chinese Democracy.

It does not say that Merck says "Slash and Duff won't delay CD". This information has been misinterpreted, it appears people read what they want an article to say rather than what it actually says.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 03:20:04 PM »

Ignore alien orders? hehe.. LoL ?peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Ali
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 03:22:15 PM »

Again, all Merck said is essentially nothing has changed since the announcement of the press release.  That's it and that's all.

Ali
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 03:30:22 PM »

Again, all Merck said is essentially nothing has changed since the announcement of the press release.? That's it and that's all.

Ali

Cool

It's all nothing. There is really no news here. People have voiced opinions and that's it
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 03:35:19 PM »

If he had said "It is business as abnormal", that would be something to shout about.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 03:35:53 PM »

I'm so sick of the so called 'legal issues' that are delaying release of CD. I think its just a bullshit excuse. If any former band member has a legitimate lawsuit to go up against Axl over the old material it would be Izzy since him and Axl basically wrote all the songs. And you dont see Izzy bitching, so what's the problem? And even if there were a million people suing Axl, I don't see why lawsuits should delay release of CD. The only thing I can think of that would hold it up is maybe the rumours of AFD vol. 2 are true and maybe it will be a bonus disc to CD. Maybe thats why Duff and Slash are so pissed. Axl and Izzy's biggest mistake was giving songwriting credits to the whole band on AFD. If they hadn't done that, maybe we wouldnt be in this mess right now.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 03:38:01 PM »

Again, all Merck said is essentially nothing has changed since the announcement of the press release.? That's it and that's all.

Ali
Cool

It's all nothing. There is really no news here. People have voiced opinions and that's it

Just wanted to make sure I clarified what was actually said on Splat ?ok

It is all nothing, really. ?Nothing has happened since the press release on the publishing deal.

Ali
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 03:46:03 PM »

I'm so sick of the so called 'legal issues' that are delaying release of CD. I think its just a bullshit excuse. If any former band member has a legitimate lawsuit to go up against Axl over the old material it would be Izzy since him and Axl basically wrote all the songs. And you dont see Izzy bitching, so what's the problem? And even if there were a million people suing Axl, I don't see why lawsuits should delay release of CD. The only thing I can think of that would hold it up is maybe the rumours of AFD vol. 2 are true and maybe it will be a bonus disc to CD. Maybe thats why Duff and Slash are so pissed. Axl and Izzy's biggest mistake was giving songwriting credits to the whole band on AFD. If they hadn't done that, maybe we wouldnt be in this mess right now.

Legal issues are ongoing with most bands

Izzy doesn't really bitch at all. It's an admirable quality
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 04:05:13 PM »

Legal issues are ongoing with most bands

Izzy is too cool for school.  Cool

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 04:07:39 PM »

U called?

Izzy doesn't complain because that would mean leaving his cave and would alert people where he is. And where the hell is that new album he claimed would be out in 2002?HuhHuh

No one on earth can delay Chinese Democracy - because it ain't coming out Cry ?And as it still lacks vocals its debateable whether there is an album to delay anyway.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2005, 04:11:55 PM »

Were there any morons who actually believed Slash and Duff can delay the record? I can see Axl being distraught over lawsuits because he tends to be emotional about things, but Slash and Duff have no control over the new record or GNR. Axl's new deal with Sanctuary is proof that Axl does whatever he wants.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2005, 05:17:23 PM »

As Ali said, the statement on the Splat site has been taken massively out of context. The original statement read:

As reported by AP, Duff McKagan has voiced opposition to the recent music publishing agreement between Sanctuary Music and Axl Rose.

Merck Mercuriadis, despite recent silence over this issue, has told Splat that despite this opposition by Duff McKagen to the aforementioned deal, it is "business as normal" with regards to the new Guns n'roses album, Chinese Democracy.

It does not say that Merck says "Slash and Duff won't delay CD". This information has been misinterpreted, it appears people read what they want an article to say rather than what it actually says.
"...we judge a book by it's cover and read what we want between selected lines..."

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2005, 05:21:47 PM »

Axl and Izzy's biggest mistake was giving songwriting credits to the whole band on AFD. If they hadn't done that, maybe we wouldnt be in this mess right now.

Huh

Do you know who wrote the songs? The whole band... Who wrote the famos riff of SCOM, PC, OTGM, ISE, WTTJ etc.? I'm afraid you don't. According to a 1991 Axl-interview (appeared in the August issue of Hungarian Metal Hammer, please check the original) Axl said that 'Izzy didn't write more than 1 song in his whole life... Now he came with 8 songs (for the UYIs)...' etc.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: