Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This Weeks Kerrang
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Weeks Kerrang  (Read 11061 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2005, 01:32:50 AM »

If you want some real laughs you should go to the Kerrang website forum and look at the morons defending Kerrang for printing that trash by saying things like the article is okay because nobody really knows for sure that those songs won't be on Chinese Democracy  rofl
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2005, 01:21:50 PM »

im pissed off with kerrang! b4, i used 2 buy the magazine. it was their 2 giv news on metal, punk etc. but now they've started showing fuking rappers and hip-hop. i mean, its a magazine 4 rokers. but ne way, the news, sorry OLD NEWS!

actually its not even news. im sik of kerrang!

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2005, 01:37:34 PM »

Has any one written in to the magasine yet?

While we can laugh at this, there are people out there reading that article that accept it as the truth, we don't need our beloved band further damaged.

I know there are threads on their forum but i doubt they read that....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2005, 09:53:55 AM »

Was this written by you estranged? well done!!!. Great thread at the kerrang forum, specially this part:

"No, the point is you have no clue what you're talking about.

A few examples.:

1. "Dust In The Wind" was a cover song used as an intro to "November Rain" during the UYI tours. To suggest Axl wrote the lyrics to "dramatise himself" only serves to prove your research took a backseat to propaganda. Please refer to Todd Rundgren's Something/Anything album for the original.

2. "Oh My God" was released in 1999 not 2001. The End of Days soundtrack, specifically, was released in America on Nov. 9, 1999.

3. "Silkworms" was an incomplete song when it was played a handful of times in 2001 and 2002. Claiming it was a setlist "stayer" is ridiculous. Out of the few dozen shows that occured during 2001 and 2002, "Silkworms" appeared roughly four times. Further claiming it has "very high" chances of making it onto Chinese Democracy automatically rules you out as a reputable source for GN'R news.

4. "Crash Diet" and "Just Another Sunday" were songs in contention, though not necessarily written, for the Illusion albums. Rightly so, they were shelved. It's a wonder you didn't tack on "Bring It Back Home", "Cornshucker, "Scrap Bar Daze", and "Sentimental Movie" to this list. To your credit, at least you didn't whip out p2p 'exclusive' tracks like "My Favorite Pillow" and "My Fellow Americans".

5. "Riyadh and the Bedouins" and "Oklahoma" are two completely different songs. Stating "Riyadh and the Bedouins" has been "changed many times" is an assumption based on the fact you've been duped into believing two songs were one. Structurally, it remained the same from the House of Blues show onward. Please cite such glaring changes.

6. "The Blues" was performed at most if not every gig during 2001 and 2002. Citing it as an occasional piece illuminates your piss poor research.

7. Erasing Buckethead's parts? Highly unlikely, according to recent bandmember interviews. Erasing Finck's parts? Do you really think that's plausible considering he's still in the band? Perhaps you're simply holding steadfast to an old rumor.

Your article, rife with assumption, was a complete disservice to your magazine and community.

As a suggestion, please consider the following links for future projects pertaining to Chinese Democracy.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com

http://www.newgnr.com/newgnr.html

http://www.sp1at.com

Should you be genuinely interested in Chinese Democracy's sound, perhaps you'd like to peruse through a few comments made by musicians who claim to have actually heard the unreleased songs.

Paul Buckmaster -- "Prostitute" . . . "has mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; vocals were only guides, not finished At the time I was working one it, so can' T really say what kind of character they are; the way I wrote for the string section (32-part, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violated, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, have I said, ice and fire, kind of powerful "

Marco Beltrami -- "They gave me four songs to orchestrate. A couple of them I did more than orchestrating, I actually wrote some melodies and stuff. It was a fun project. I really enjoyed it. The music was eclectic and at the time that I was doing it there were no lyrics on the songs that I was working on."

Marco Beltrami -- "A song called "Seven," which is the one that I did the most work on, I actually did some writing on. There was one called "Thyme," one called "The General," one called "Leave Me Alone.""
http://music.ign.com/articles/429/429455p1.html

Brian May -- "So you're talking about Axl and the 'new' Guns N' Roses but, boy, is there a lot of energy there and his singing is outrageous. There's some great tracks on it."

Brian May -- "Oh yeah, there's a whole album of vocal parts. In fact, there's two albums worth that they've got there, at least. They played me everything. Axl actually sat down and made me listen to everything (laughs) and there's some wonderful stuff there. " "

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2005, 11:12:26 AM »

Well, then you, pilferk and the person who wrote it, did a great job at the kerrang forum. ok

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2005, 11:35:47 AM »

Forget research, a good music journalist shoud know that those songs are old GNR simply by their sound and, of course, recognize Slash's guitar!!!
Slash didn't play in Crash Diet. Also, Just Another Sunday don't have any signature Slash work... Hell, I don't even know if Slash plays on this track.
Who played on guitar in Crash Diet?

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print