Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are GN'R "cool" again?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are GN'R "cool" again?  (Read 10167 times)
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2005, 08:46:29 AM »

Everything goes in cylces.? Hell, even Motley Crue is semi popular again, GnR are worlds above them.

True and thankfully the cycle is rock again!  ok

Why don't you just....
Death Cube K
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2005, 12:48:52 PM »

Wearing rock shirts and liking rock music are fashion now. Hell, even Motley Crue sells like crazy..everyone wanna see one of the most notorious rock bands ever....same goes for Guns N Roses...only GNR are way bigger.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2005, 01:59:09 PM »

i dont no but recently at my skool, people have started to like gn'r and now want hard rock n' rol bands like gn;r seen 2 b. motley crue are more popular at skool as wel. this is in the UK

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »

I don't think they ever went out of fashion.....

They are much more in the news and media in general now - the band could dominate like never before if Axl was to re-emerge now, the situation has been very favourable for a few years now
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 04:32:49 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2005, 03:51:02 PM »

I've never really cared whether or not GnR was considered cool by the mainstream. I loved them. The best band, with the best singer of all time, for me. And if CD comes, and the critics and media slam it(which I expect they'll do, no matter what it sounds like), it won't affect me. I likes what I likes, whether you likes it or not.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
squeezeboxwho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2005, 03:54:08 PM »

While I just became a fan of GNR some months ago, I think that they would have always been cool and still are.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2005, 04:10:29 PM »

They've become trendy again, like alot of bands from their peer group have of late. 

The 80's concert t-shirt is in vogue also so I think the term "fashionable" might be a better term than "cool"...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Dust N Rose
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2005, 04:34:39 PM »

I don't think they are that famous again, at least in my country, rap, hip-hop artists and beat songs still rule here. Certainly better than mid-late 90s, there is some credit to the GH, but the problem is that while we know how anticipated is Chinese Democracy for years and years, many people still don't have a clue about it. It's anticipated for those who know the story, the others will say "Chinese what"?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2005, 06:26:15 PM »

I don't think they are that famous again, at least in my country, rap, hip-hop artists and beat songs still rule here. Certainly better than mid-late 90s, there is some credit to the GH, but the problem is that while we know how anticipated is Chinese Democracy for years and years, many people still don't have a clue about it. It's anticipated for those who know the story, the others will say "Chinese what"?

that's true.. today in my economics class the teacher asked us "what do you want the most?" and i said "an album.. guns n roses' chinese democracy" and the class had no idea what i was talkin about and one kid even went "i'm sure you can download it off the internet cuz i downloaded eminem's album a month before it came out"

i just rolled my eyes and said "ok, thanx for the advice"

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2005, 06:37:24 PM »

one kid even went "i'm sure you can download it off the internet cuz i downloaded eminem's album a month before it came out"

rofl thats so funny...
guess people know gunsnroses more than chinese demoracy or vr, in my opnion  peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2005, 08:21:14 PM »

The mainstream won't consider GNR 'cool' again until the album is finally released.

gunz92
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2005, 09:00:19 AM »

GnR is cool and always was cool. It's just that the average fans are ashamed to admit it. They think the new guns will suck and then it will justify their lack of interest. But us diehards know better. I was 18 when Appetite was released and have never and will never hear hear music like that again. The Illusions reassured the world how musically and lyricaly different this band was from all the rest. The drought is where all the doubt comes from. But we've all heard some of the new songs and know thatthe talent is still there. I think more people are wanting to hear this album than we think. They just wont admit it. Even the media that does nothing but tear down Axl want to see it so they can degrade this band more. Well, It's coming, soon seems to be the word, and when it does just watch how many people jump on this bandwagon. Great days lie ahead for us true fans.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2005, 02:20:31 PM »

I see old school GN'R t-shirts all the time in certain stores.  I look at how much they've sold and there's always only a few left.  They need to have NEW style GN'R tee's.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

GnR is cool and always was cool. It's just that the average fans are ashamed to admit it. They think the new guns will suck and then it will justify their lack of interest. But us diehards know better. I was 18 when Appetite was released and have never and will never hear hear music like that again. The Illusions reassured the world how musically and lyricaly different this band was from all the rest. The drought is where all the doubt comes from. But we've all heard some of the new songs and know thatthe talent is still there. I think more people are wanting to hear this album than we think. They just wont admit it. Even the media that does nothing but tear down Axl want to see it so they can degrade this band more. Well, It's coming, soon seems to be the word, and when it does just watch how many people jump on this bandwagon. Great days lie ahead for us true fans.

that almost makes me feel better about all the shit i take from people for always wearing a gnr sweatshirt or tshirt..  Smiley

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2005, 03:55:29 PM »

Yes I think in the eyes of the public and hipsters etc... there is a certain 'cool' attached to old-GNR particularly 87-91 era. I guess it's a retro type appeal, but i'd also say that the rise of bands such as The Strokes, Jet, QOTSA, White Stripes etc.. has shifted the focus back on the whole dirty rock n rioll vibe. Grunge made later day GNR look terribly unfashionable and bloated, while nu-metal was a fad and a bad one (not unlike hair metal) at that.

GN'R have emerged as not only cool but from a historical perspective are getting their dues as true legends. Their music is both classic and timeless  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2005, 04:12:48 PM »

GN'R have emerged as not only cool but from a historical perspective are getting their dues as true legends. Their music is both classic and timeless? ok

hence - GN'R has always been cool - some people just didn't realize it yet  Grin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2005, 05:27:03 PM »

From what I hear, around the time GN?R debuted  the majority wouldn?t have thought dudes like them trendy. But their music won people's hearts.
Burning sincerity is what moves people.
They may call it cool afterwards, then uncool or whatever a while later but fuck cares.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 05:34:09 PM »

i became a gnr fan in 2002 cuz an old friend dragged me to the msg show.. but i've been ridiculed for being a fan ever since by other people..

I say fuck what they think.? Who cares if GN'R is hip and trendy again!?? Not I.? I love the band's music now as I have since the 80's whether it was the 'thing to do' or not.? Most people I talk to here and there don't even know what GN'R stands for and have trouble naming any tunes.? The same can be said for Megadeth and Def Leppard - two of my other all-time favorite acts.? I don't give a shit if one more person still likes them besides me or if 10 million still stand behind them with me.? For me, it's about what I like and what I think is cool.? If other's agree with my preference in music - great.? If not - who gives a shit?? Not me.

Dust N Rose
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2005, 05:41:44 PM »

one kid even went "i'm sure you can download it off the internet cuz i downloaded eminem's album a month before it came out"

? rofl thats so funny...
guess people know gunsnroses more than chinese demoracy or vr, in my opnion? peace

True. At least when you answer to girls' question about what's your favorite band, they say I like don't cry from them. The more aware will say Scom, Paradise City or November Rain.

And something last, I've always believed gn'r are cool, but do they seem cool? That's another question and it should not bother as that much.
Kayoss, well said.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2005, 05:50:54 PM »

For me, it's about what I like and what I think is cool.? If other's agree with my preference in music - great.? If not - who gives a shit?? Not me.
agree, also:
- if you are trendy and popular and like gnr, you often will make gnr popular 4 those who look up 2 ya? peace

appearance (which imo gnr has) goes a long way but the most important is the music 4 me,? ok
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 06:06:34 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: