Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:14:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are GN'R "cool" again?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are GN'R "cool" again?  (Read 10164 times)
RichardNixon
« on: January 31, 2005, 08:32:57 PM »

So they weren't cool maybe 1994-1998, but around '99 it was not that uncool to like GnR and now it seems more younguns are gettining into them. Thoughts?
jgfnsr
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:36:45 PM »

So they weren't cool maybe 1994-1998, but around '99 it was not that uncool to like GnR and now it seems more younguns are gettining into them. Thoughts?

Correction:

Guns N' Roses have ALWAYS been cool.

Whether certain people realize it or not is what changes...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 08:38:32 PM »

The original GNR has always been cool, thats for sure!  peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 08:43:34 PM »

If you've been reading magazines and newspapers, you would've noticed that GN'R are considered cool again.

They were looked at as rock stars a few years ago and nobody was interested in rock stars at that point. Everybody was supposed to be into the whole "anti-rock star" thing.

Now GN'R get mentioned all over the place and people are wearing GN'R t-shirts like it's some kind of fashion statement.

I don't think the "Greatest Hits" would've been this successful if it had been released in the late 90s.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 08:55:26 PM »

has the world changed or has the band changed?

Oh, of course both.   Tongue
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 08:56:10 PM »

Everything goes in cylces.  Hell, even Motley Crue is semi popular again, GnR are worlds above them.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 09:03:45 PM »

I think the world needs Rockstars... and Rock n' Roll needs Rockstars.
- Oasis is going to blow everything away in few months with their new album and a huge Stadium tour
- U2 works fine and they'll make a Stadium Tour this spring/sumer in Europe
- I hope the new GN'R will follow soon...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 09:09:48 PM »

Correction:

Guns N' Roses have ALWAYS been cool.

Whether certain people realize it or not is what changes...

I AGREE!!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 09:12:50 PM »

I don't think the "Greatest Hits" would've been this successful if it had been released in the late 90s.

/jarmo

Very true jarmo.... Just look at Live Era.....
southsiderwp
Opening Act

11/24/02 - 11/24/06

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 10:48:22 PM »

Guns n roses will not be cool again untill they release a new albulm that is strong throughout the enirety.  Does anyone wanna see a forty something year old guy dancing around on stage

Tis only a flesh wound....
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 10:57:53 PM »

Does anyone wanna see a forty something year old guy dancing around on stage
count me in? peace who else?? Cheesy

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 11:00:51 PM »

Does anyone wanna see a forty something year old guy dancing around on stage

I do
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2005, 11:08:12 PM »

Many of the big bands/artists from the 80s and early 90s are now become relevant again.  First, Van Halen re-united for a tour and a new album.  You have Velvet Revolver, with members of Guns and STP.  Then comes Green Day.  Then Motley Crue.  Then U2.  It just seems that people are so fed up with the crap that's rock music today and they are looking for something different.  Although bands like the Darkness and Jet are pretty good, I think people are looking beyond that for the last great rock bands, many of which I've mentioned.  Hopefully, Axl will jump on the bandwagon, because, yes, Guns N' Roses is cool once again. 
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 01:40:55 AM »

good q...
in my opinion...
I realized that liking gn'r bk in 94 wasnt really that cool (highschool) bc like others have stated, grunge was on the rise (anti-rock stars).  So I was a bit ashamed of admitting I liked them...eventhough I'm a very outspoken person who doesn't care what others think (odd, huh?)

well are they cool now?  I think it's "ok" when I tell ppl I liked/like them....but I think the current/recent line up may not be THAT cool...esp. w/ buckethead (I mean it!)...when he was in, I think ppl where thinking ..."wtf??" (Think of how slipknot is sorta a joke)....

I think ppl definately see the OLD gnr as cool (think 86-89)....but the current band, it's something we're gonna see (although I know they are RESPECTED as a GOOD/TALENTED band)......

(aside: imo, I think VR is seen as cool, if that means anything Smiley )

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 02:38:01 AM »

short answer....NO

GNR with a reclusive insecure singer a bunch of people that noones has gotten to know, no new music, memories of a band headed towards big cheesy ballads and bigger cheesier videos, and a guy who wore a bucket on his head while he mimed (look up the word 'pretentious'....then look up the word 'wank').

As negative as Im being, the only people i EVER see with a GNR t - shirt are either ferals that ahve balding long hair  or younger people wearing a GNR shirt simply to take the piss.  Despite this a LOT of people LOVE appetite era GNR and love some Illusion stuff, so its not irreconcilable.

I still love em...well love axl and some of the 'em'....not including bucket, sorum, gilby or dizzy.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2005, 03:13:51 AM »

Here in Brazil is "cool" to make jokes about GN'R and say that Axl's gay, Chinese Democracy won't be released ans things like this.

But I'm glad to see that, around the world, it's changing. Like somebody said here on topic, things go on cicles.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 05:26:18 AM by Fuckin' Gunner » Logged

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2005, 03:50:18 AM »

If you've been reading magazines and newspapers, you would've noticed that GN'R are considered cool again.

They were looked at as rock stars a few years ago and nobody was interested in rock stars at that point. Everybody was supposed to be into the whole "anti-rock star" thing.

Now GN'R get mentioned all over the place and people are wearing GN'R t-shirts like it's some kind of fashion statement.

/jarmo

Well said Jarmo.

I can remember when GN'R weren't cool (mid to late 90's) and it was an embarrassment to admit you were a fan, but now more and more people are pretty accepting about admitting to liking the band.
This is the original lineup I'm talking about too.

Most people (outside fans like the rest of us) tend to think the new band is a joke, still due to the VMA's appearance, which is a shame really.

Come on Axl, show us the goods! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
captain_corona
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts Now

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2005, 04:03:57 AM »

IMO GN'R have always been and always will be cool? ok

if i could just say a few more words i'd be a better public speaker
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2005, 04:09:05 AM »

I became a gnr fan in 2003 so maybe you`re right.and most of my friends like bucket, robin, tommy and dizzy and the new songs, but before i showed them the new band they had no clue about it(me too in 2002). so when they release the fuckin`record we`ll see how it goes from there peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2005, 08:26:51 AM »

i became a gnr fan in 2002 cuz an old friend dragged me to the msg show.. but i've been ridiculed for being a fan ever since by other people..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: