Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:44:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How would you feel if Izzy re-joint??
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How would you feel if Izzy re-joint??  (Read 10354 times)
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005, 12:37:46 PM »

The songwriting duo of Rose/Stradlin is up there with the likes of Lennon/McCartney.

I feel it is necessary to aplogize to the Rock Gods for this kind of blasphemy.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005, 12:50:53 PM »

Friendship is one thing, band chemistry is another.

I'm sure 99% of the people here would love it if Izzy rejoined.
Ha, I?m the one hundredth. So are a few others here.  I wouldn?t be upset or very excited. coffee

Or rather?Even the thought of it makes me Yawn. That?s a totally wrong track IMO.
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2005, 01:02:32 PM »

there are two HUGE reasons why this would be extremely highly unlikely:

1.axl's huge ego
2.izzy's bruised ego

izzy quit because of the treatment from axl, a treatment that scarred him so badly he now says he would never be in a band with another lead singer, from what i read that's the reason he's not in VR. (not trying to start a flame war here, but i for one think that VR with izzy as a frontman would have ruled. probably wouldn't have been as commercially successful though...) then, according to reports, izzy showed up at axl's front gate a couple years back wanting to talk and axl's ego/stubbornness turned izzy away. talk about adding insult to injury. i'd love to see it, but i sincerely doubt it would EVER happen. in fact, i'd be less surprised to see slash & duff back than izzy back.

</my 2?>
axleu
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2005, 03:32:16 PM »

The songwriting duo of Rose/Stradlin is up there with the likes of Lennon/McCartney.

Why? I hate the Beatles, I love Guns n' roses! Do I have the right to think so, or are they bands that EVERYBODY has to love? I don't buy it, sorry,...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2005, 03:45:15 PM »

Well, i really like the new band the way it is now! I would rather se Izzy and the original lineup come together in 10 - 15 years from now, When Axl have done that he want with hes new stuff...  But it prob. be too late then... So.. if he could join the new band without replacing anyone, then it would be ok.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2005, 05:30:48 PM »

I really liked Izzy and I like his solo stuff, but I don't see it happening. It would be nice though.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2005, 07:05:30 PM »

This is NEVER going to happen.  No way, no how.  Britney Spears will join GNR before Izzy Stradlin...sorry.  no

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2005, 08:15:52 PM »

I'd be fine with it, but I don't think Izzy would.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2005, 08:22:17 PM »

Hey tough guy!? Kiss What do you know about "the main reason" why a lot of people are on this board? Izzy co-wrote those songs with Axl, and without Axl the lyrics and melodies wouldn't be all that good. Just look at his solo albums: good, but nothing really great except parts of "Ju Ju Hounds". And I will not shut up...

Well, talk as much as you want then. The main reason people like GNR is because of all the music they've made. Well, alot of that music is written by Izzy, so to me it's just 1+1=2.

What do you really know about that? Get your facts straight.

I have my facts straight. What do you know that all of us don't know? Axl loved Izzy's songs and he was the most upset about Izzy's departure, seems to me than that he liked Izzy the best? love? Kiss

First off, there's a rare reason why Izzy didn't play with V.R when slash n' duff were his friend a long time ago, maybe it's just cuz Izzy is lost on the heroine addiction these days or it's just cuz he wanted too much money from V.R to play at there? don't you think about it yet guys? ?I also wonder still why did Axl love Izzy so very much? ?...it's just cuz they both were lovers(those guys are gays) n' we dodn't know it yet to date? ?Shocked well, that's something Axl n' Izzy know deep own inside only, they ever say they were good friend from Indiana but i guess it's not enough to feel each other this rare feeling ?Roll Eyes no ...n' the thing is Izzy won't come back to play in GNR or at least Axl'd just fade outta the new band!!!! ...but anyway it won't happen ever!!! ?hihi
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2005, 08:27:40 PM »

there are two HUGE reasons why this would be extremely highly unlikely:

1.axl's huge ego
2.izzy's bruised ego

izzy quit because of the treatment from axl, a treatment that scarred him so badly he now says he would never be in a band with another lead singer, from what i read that's the reason he's not in VR. (not trying to start a flame war here, but i for one think that VR with izzy as a frontman would have ruled. probably wouldn't have been as commercially successful though...) then, according to reports, izzy showed up at axl's front gate a couple years back wanting to talk and axl's ego/stubbornness turned izzy away. talk about adding insult to injury. i'd love to see it, but i sincerely doubt it would EVER happen. in fact, i'd be less surprised to see slash & duff back than izzy back.

</my 2?>

my thoughts exactly...would be nice, but ain't gonna happen...
(although I am no expert at what happened behind the scenes, but 3 original band members don't just "quit" a band based soley on MUSICAL difference....other things led to thier exits)
I've always felt that Izzy was a key songwriter (although I have no proof of this).  And yes, most of us agree that his solo stuff ain't that grand (I own all cds), but it's a mellower style--relfective of his (and only his) personality (i.e. "Invisible Izzy"--not the main man).  NEVER gonna happen (I have my bets on Chi. Dem. being released first well b4 Izzy returns...)

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
jgfnsr
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2005, 08:28:29 PM »

As has been said, Izzy would never join and Axl would never take him, hence it's a non-issue.

I think the old band produced it's best work when Axl and Izzy, along with Slash, worked together. ?But that was the old band.

As talented of a musician and songwriter as Stradlin' is, I don't think he would "mesh" well with the current line-up. ?

And it would be even more impossible on a personal level. ?Being as how far back Izzy and Axl go, there is WAY too much baggage there.

Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2005, 08:31:38 PM »

?I also wonder still why did Axl love Izzy so very much? ?...it's just cuz they both were lovers(those guys are gays) n' we dodn't know it yet to date? ?Shocked well, that's something Axl n' Izzy know deep own inside only, they ever say they were good friend from Indiana but i guess it's not enough to feel each other this rare feeling ?Roll Eyes no ...[color]

sorry for posting again, but I just read the above, and it has to be the most stupidist thing I've seen...I mean r u tryin to be funny? cuz it's a lame attempt.  It's called FRIENDSHIP/BOND....thier are different levels of love my dear..... Roll Eyes

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2005, 09:36:55 PM »

I'd love if Izzy were to rejoin, but only under the right circumstances and for the right reasons

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2005, 11:39:15 PM »

Izzy tried getting back with Axl a couple times in the mid-late 90's, supposedly even exchanged song ideas, maybe hoping they would be on good terms again, but Axl cut off contact from Izzy. He did said he got a phone call from Axl maybe about reconciling, and Axl was going on about childhood things, and differences going back before GNR, and Izzy said he thought that Axl was crazy as ever. 
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2005, 02:19:59 AM »

I would be disappointed because I wouldn't want to see him re-join without the other original members, but GNR would be better off with him than without him.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2005, 03:03:32 AM »

I would love it.  It would be brilliant.  If there were no drama.  But I don't see it happening ever again.  So sad. 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2005, 06:43:13 AM »

I read an interview with Izzy a few yrs ago  where he stated that he sent Axl a bunch of songs, Axl replied with a cold laywers request to sign the rights of those songs over 100% to rose......Izzy was upset that he was treated with such a lack of respect and couldnt believe that a buddy was being so cold and calculated...I think the quote was "fuck off with all the laywers....he coulda just had em"...or something similar

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
R. R. Dadfield
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2005, 12:29:38 PM »

Why? I hate the Beatles, I love Guns n' roses! Do I have the right to think so, or are they bands that EVERYBODY has to love? I don't buy it, sorry,...

Can I ask a dumb question about the Rose/Stradlin songwriting partnership:  how do we know which songs they wrote together?  A few of the Illusion tracks say explicitly - but the Lies and AfD tracks are creditied to the whole band - so I've always assumed they were a colaborative effort.  Does anyone know any differently?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2005, 01:35:52 PM »

it'd be gd but annoying in the sense that it would take longer to release as they'd have to re-record the guitar parts.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
nigtrain_inmyvain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2005, 02:42:40 PM »

I read an interview with Izzy a few yrs ago? where he stated that he sent Axl a bunch of songs, Axl replied with a cold laywers request to sign the rights of those songs over 100% to rose......Izzy was upset that he was treated with such a lack of respect and couldnt believe that a buddy was being so cold and calculated...I think the quote was "fuck off with all the laywers....he coulda just had em"...or something similar

You are a lying sack of shit.I probably read most of izzy's interviews and I bet your dad's left nut(if he still has one after that incident with your mom which you were  the unfortunate  product of) that you are full of it
 Izzy would give up millions if axl asked him nicely?Seriously,are you that retarded

As for writting credits thread,here is the link

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=17324.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: