Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:08:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)  (Read 50455 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2005, 08:45:18 AM »

exactly  Wink but things seems 2 happening now so...

We've thought that before too several times. Undecided

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2005, 08:55:23 AM »

exactly? Wink but things seems 2 happening now so...

no need to bring us down now.  Tongue

@Eva, thanks for the transcript!

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2005, 09:02:01 AM »

I don't believe this rumor for one reason.  The fact that he said next week GNR would be RELEASING something with new SONGS on it.  SONGS?  You can't just come out of nowhere and release multiple songs.  What could that release possibly be?  A DVD?  A record?  A single?  I dont think so.  A single is one song, right?   

Usually the promo (single) has 3-5 songs on it.  The new Judas Priest promo has 4.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2005, 09:09:26 AM »

exactly  Wink but things seems 2 happening now so...

no need to bring us down now.  Tongue

@Eva, thanks for the transcript!

Cautious, that's all. Believe me, my excitment is there too. Wink

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2005, 09:12:40 AM »

Chinese Democracy Starts now !   Grin

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
madagas
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2005, 09:16:36 AM »

1. Isn't this the same Tommy that said some vocals needed to be finished just recently? Sounds like he is a little confused. I think he means the instrumentals are done and have been done for awhile. 2. Axl said the artwork was done two years ago! We know absolutely nothing more than we did yesterday or in the fall of 2002.? confused
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 09:27:48 AM by madagas » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2005, 09:17:13 AM »

hey if John McClane is excited, i'm excited.

Yippee kiyyyy yaaaayyyya mutha efffffa

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2005, 09:25:19 AM »

1. Isn't this the same Tommy that said some vocals needed to be finished just recently? Sounds like he is a little confused. 2. Axl said the artwork was done two years ago! We know absolutely nothing more than we did yesterday or in the fall of 2002.? confused

Yes, I agree. It's all the same bullshit. I'm sure we will not hear CD in 2005. I dont know why you are so excited??? We heard nothing new since 2 years!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 09:48:38 AM by Saboteur Cyb. Punk » Logged

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2005, 09:40:06 AM »

This is the best news I've heard in two years! ?ok

I had the feeling the album was done and the continuous delays had to do more with legal issues other than the music itself.

If I remember correctly, Axl sent that press release ( the one about Buckethead's departure) in march'04 saying expect a release date within a few months. Well, it's been 10 months since and no release date has been given. This leads me to believe the music was already done back then and that there were only a few things here and there to work on before giving a release date. However, there has been 3 or 4 major legal issues to deal with since then; we've had the slash and duff lawsuit, the sanctuary deal and ( maybe) legal disputes with clear channel.

It makes sense now... maybe ( and I'm saying maybe) Axl ( or Sanctuary) has authorized the other band members to give more accurate info about the album in forthcoming interviews.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2005, 09:43:10 AM »

This is Tommy recycling the same limited information he's always given us, he has no idea whats going on.

He never mentions the vocals once - and infact never has, the music is done just refers to the guitars etc.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2005, 09:56:16 AM »

This sounds promising ....but if i recall so did the time that GNR started the chinese democracy tour with the slogan 'chinese democracy starts now'....AND axl saying that the song selection and ARTWORK were complete....over 2 YEARS ago.......

Im hopeful....but have read the boy that cried wolf.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2005, 10:01:09 AM »

bullshit...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2005, 10:12:22 AM »

This is Tommy recycling the same limited information he's always given us, he has no idea whats going on.

He never mentions the vocals once - and infact never has, the music is done just refers to the guitars etc.

Thats what i think....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2005, 10:14:36 AM »

No offense to Tommy but if it's true that CD is about to be released soon, what a boring way for us to find out. ?Undecided

Thirteen years and thirteen million dollars, you'd think they'da set some time and money aside for a better promotion than one of the guys - an hour before he goes on stage for his solo gig - phoning it in.? Roll Eyes

I would think that there'll be some big promotion stuff on the way but I was kinda hoping "first word" would've been done BIG.

I'da preferred if Tommy woulda said "I can't talk about that!!! ?Axl would put a contract out on my life!!!" ?Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2005, 10:20:56 AM »

his replies are always one or two sentences that can be taken in many ways...never ever completely open, direct to the point.

I also feel that the music being done for a while excludes some vocal parts......

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2005, 10:21:56 AM »

Thirteen years and thirteen million dollars, you'd think they'da set some time and money aside for a better promotion than one of the guys - an hour before he goes on stage for his solo gig - phoning it in.? Roll Eyes

honestly he didnt really tell anything.. he has said the same things or variations of the same thing before or after or during all his shows..

I wouldnt be dissapointed.. ?When CD is ready to release im guessing that you WILL know.. that the world WILL know.. there will be no guessing or no wondering....

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2005, 10:35:51 AM »

You're probably right, leesixxrose ... but wouldn't it be a great promotion stunt for CD if we hear that Tommy woke up this morning and found a real severed village gorilla head in his bed.? hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2005, 11:46:43 AM »

Well fuck me. last night I was all cool and kicking back, listened to the tommy interview, and was excited as shit.

Im back down now, at work, and feeling much in the way of CD as I did last week. Damn you fuckers brought me back down to earth quick.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2005, 12:00:42 PM »

i'm positive about it, tommy knows whats going on- and i think you can't sign a publishin-deal 4 dozens of tracks-
-that's not done in it's entirety? Wink the music is done? Smiley only artwork left and releaseplans? Cheesy

though the people who are gonna market it may use their time (months?) instead of a immidiate release...
hope not tho? Smiley
this is great? beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2005, 12:07:21 PM »

I'd rather be humiliated by fellow board members that be continually cynical and downbeat about a possible release. Norway, its good to have someone with their spirts up to keep us going!  beer

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: