Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)  (Read 50412 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2005, 12:20:15 PM »

i'm positive about it, tommy knows whats going on

Evidence?

'Yeah the album will be out...er.....soon'

That doesn't strike me as the words of a man involved in the process, we have to remember he had to book an appointment to listen to his bands own album!

The album will be released when Axl takes his medication - untill then the ramblings of various members with solo albums to promote should be ignored out of hand.

I have heard hundreds of interviews with Tommy and Dizzy in which they have said exactly the same thing, and all of them were rubbish too

It's not cynical, its using your head - there is no such thing as Santa Claus either its not being 'negative' to say that either.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2005, 12:29:16 PM »

i'm positive about it, tommy knows whats going on

Evidence?

That doesn't strike me as the words of a man involved in the process, we have to remember he had to book an appointment to listen to his bands own album!

The album will be released when Axl takes his medication - untill then the ramblings of various members with solo albums to promote should be ignored out of hand.

I have heard hundreds of interviews with Tommy and Dizzy in which they have said exactly the same thing, and all of them were rubbish too

It's not cynical, its using your head - there is no such thing as Santa Claus either its not being 'negative' to say that either.

Well, u got Evidence?
Sadly alot of people have the same opinion as "Izzy" But i think its just negative Crap! Im pretty positive that Tommy, Dizzy or any other in the band get updated on whats going on! And this "Axl is the onlyone who knows what is going on" is just BS! Have u ever concidered that Tommy, Dizzy and maybe also Axl, are not alowed to say that much yet! Or maybe they have decided together, to keep quiet! Coz this is a damn big thing witch is going on!
I have faith in February! Nice to see us Norwegians are positive, norway? ...  peace  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2005, 12:49:30 PM »

Sounds good to me but hopefully it will go somewhere

EEEERRRR Little boy
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2005, 01:15:43 PM »

I think the interview where he said that some vocals needed to be done was.. old.

On the tour he had said to people that he'd heard some of the final mixes and they sounded great.

Final mixes without vocals?

Uh. No.
estranged.1098
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2005, 01:24:28 PM »

Yeah. The interview where missing vocal parts was mentioned was just an article, wasn't it? This is a live interview and we have the mp3 and the transcript (thanks a lot EVA!) so it's not the same thing.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2005, 01:30:50 PM »

Norway, its good to have someone with their spirts up to keep us going!? beer

here, here!  beer
I second... um... third that toast!
Cheers!  beer

I think a lot of board members/fans are putting too much stock in Slash's statement regarding there being vocals on only 2 songs   Roll Eyes
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2005, 01:37:49 PM »

Oh Yeh! Its happening !

Up yours to anyone who has posted on this thread talking about how this has been heard before and it bullshit especially this comment:

Evidence?

Why?

Are you really a fan mate? We are on the fucking verge of getting what we have waited so long for and still there are so many people who are still giving it the large one, thats its all a load of shit! Come on eh! When are you gonna start believing? Why should so many people still give Axl shit about him being a lunatic or the new band being shit!
Remember if it wasnt for Axl there would be no Guns n Roses! The main two band members left! Remember! So why dont we all pull together and be fans of the new band and actually all start believing that this time the album is coming out! When was the last time you heard a radio interview actually stating the music was done and all they had to do was sort out the artwork? If there are any statto geeks out there who feel like putting a quote up here to prove me it has been stated before, dont bother! I'm feeling to positive about this to give a shit! I mean come on, in the last week we have had more positive news than in the last few months! Axl signing the deal with Sanctuary and Tommy actually stating on the radio that the album is done, and they just gotta finish artwork and shit! If that cant get a proper guns fans feeling good about the album then I guess you doubters cant be proper guns fans! See ya dudes

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2005, 01:38:11 PM »

1. Isn't this the same Tommy that said some vocals needed to be finished just recently? Sounds like he is a little confused. I think he means the instrumentals are done and have been done for awhile. 2. Axl said the artwork was done two years ago! We know absolutely nothing more than we did yesterday or in the fall of 2002.? confused

i personally think that the interview in which he mentioned the vocals was old, and/or they just used old info and quotes for that interview. ?that happens all the time...there is no way to know for sure where that info was from or how old it was...however, with this radio interview, we KNOW for certain that it is CURRENT info and that it is coming directly from tommy himself and not being filtered through some journalist who can manipulate his words....
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2005, 01:49:20 PM »

after listening to these interviews for the past 3 years, i'm gonna take this with a grain of salt.

tommy only knows what axl told him. case in point, last year he and richard were both telling people that they would be on tour with gnr this january. well, that never materialized, did it? i'm not saying they were lying, just that in the crazy world of axl, things have a habit of getting delayed indefinitely. promises made, promises broken.

one day we will get the album, but for now i'm gonna just hope for the best but expect the worst when it comes to gnr.

now you know me better
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2005, 02:12:43 PM »

Bah! coz
Tommy Stinson: It's BEEN done... for a while.

Evidence?
Evidence?
Evidence?
You've heard of them but never read them yourself, or what?
It's not cynical, its using your head.
To think that you?re using your head, still saying those! confused
What it all comes down to is that, er, apparently this issue is over your head.
R. R. Dadfield
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2005, 02:26:13 PM »

i'm positive about it, tommy knows whats going on- and i think you can't sign a publishin-deal 4 dozens of tracks-
-that's not done in it's entirety? Wink the music is done? Smiley only artwork left and releaseplans? Cheesy

though the people who are gonna market it may use their time (months?) instead of a immidiate release...
hope not tho? Smiley
this is great? beer

This is the wisest comment here.  I have sympathy for some of the doubters (there have been so many disappointments in the past), but I have to say I feel a general build-up to some kind of conclusion.  It has to be soon - for business reasons, as I've suggested elsewhere - so I don't think it's too optimistic to hope for an announcement. 

Is this the End of Days? 
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2005, 02:52:14 PM »

I am one of the 'negative' people that all of you are talking about.  I just can't believe that so many of you get your hopes up.  How many times have you heard some rumor or some new news that made you think 'this is the time!' only to be let down in the dirt?  I have been coming here for years now, since 1998 or 1999 and I finally registered last year and I have seen this pattern so many times its comical.  Some of you are like the battered wife who keep going back to your abusive husband for more.  Do I hope I am wrong about this news?  Sure.  But in all honesty, I do not even feel a pinch of excitement because I have been down this road too many times. 

I still do not believe this album will ever be released.  Even if Axl decides to release it I could see there being some sort of legal issue arising.  What kind of legal issue you ask... I have no idea, but I think we all know that something would come up.  And if by some miracle (and I really think it would take a miracle) it does get released, I will not buy it.  This is my way of getting back at them for not playing the show that I had 3rd row tix for.  I don't care whos fault it was, the bottom line is that they werent there when they were scheduled to be and we still have no official explanation for it.  I'll get the music somehow and I will listen to it, but Axl Rose and company will never get my financial support through cd's, shirts, or shows ever again. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2005, 02:56:09 PM »

And if by some miracle (and I really think it would take a miracle) it does get released, I will not buy it.  This is my way of getting back at them for not playing the show that I had 3rd row tix for. but Axl Rose and company will never get my financial support through cd's, shirts, or shows ever again. 
thats ok ill be buying a few extra copies so Ill pick up your slack

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2005, 03:00:56 PM »

And if by some miracle (and I really think it would take a miracle) it does get released, I will not buy it. This is my way of getting back at them for not playing the show that I had 3rd row tix for. but Axl Rose and company will never get my financial support through cd's, shirts, or shows ever again.
thats ok ill be buying a few extra copies so Ill pick up your slack

rofl hihi

hey - did you guys know that a portion of blank cdr sales goes to a fund that pays artists for loss of income due to home recorded music (bootlegs)... ?ok
madagas
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2005, 03:14:03 PM »

Adz, I believe Tommy said he heard the final mixes on around 6 songs-UH, YES! Having vocals down on all the tracks. Uh, possibly no. The interview was recent and he also stated they hadn't finalized the tracklist. My point being, that Axl, by most accounts-according to Tommy, is working on 30-35? songs for the Chinese Democracy recording sessions. He may not be done with all the vocals for all the songs.  peace
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 03:23:59 PM by madagas » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2005, 03:16:07 PM »

The Sanctuary Publishing news story mentioned "dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2005, 03:18:40 PM »

Adz, I believe Tommy said he heard the final mixes on around 6 songs-UH, YES! Having vocals down on all the tracks. Uh, possibly no. The interview was recent and he also stated they hadn't finalized the tracklist. My point being, that Axl, by most accounts-according to Tommy, is working on 30-35? songs for the Chinese Democracy recording sessions. He may not be done with all the vocals for all the songs. So before you decide to be a smartass, read the details of what Tommy said.

If I remember correctly, in a previous interview Tommy said that he was pressed for time during the listening session and mainly listened to the "stuff he hadn't heard before".  That may be why he only listened to 6 tracks or so...he'd heard the others in close to final, if not final, mix.  So he chose to listen to the stuff he hadn't heard before...

Anyone remember that interview and know where to find it??

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2005, 03:30:05 PM »

I am one of the 'negative' people that all of you are talking about.? I just can't believe that so many of you get your hopes up.? How many times have you heard some rumor or some new news that made you think 'this is the time!' only to be let down in the dirt?? I have been coming here for years now, since 1998 or 1999 and I finally registered last year and I have seen this pattern so many times its comical.? Some of you are like the battered wife who keep going back to your abusive husband for more.? Do I hope I am wrong about this news?? Sure.? But in all honesty, I do not even feel a pinch of excitement because I have been down this road too many times.?

I still do not believe this album will ever be released.? Even if Axl decides to release it I could see there being some sort of legal issue arising.? What kind of legal issue you ask... I have no idea, but I think we all know that something would come up.? And if by some miracle (and I really think it would take a miracle) it does get released, I will not buy it.? This is my way of getting back at them for not playing the show that I had 3rd row tix for.? I don't care whos fault it was, the bottom line is that they werent there when they were scheduled to be and we still have no official explanation for it.? I'll get the music somehow and I will listen to it, but Axl Rose and company will never get my financial support through cd's, shirts, or shows ever again.?
Roll Eyes Yeah, I'm sure that Axl himself will suffer as a result of your little boycott -- NOT! ?

I'm sorry, but you know, sometimes you just need to get over yourself. ?Sometimes, shit happens, and just because you can't see the whole picture and the story behind it, and just because you didn't ?get an explaination for the whole picture and the story behind it, doesn't mean that there isn't one there. ?It's not all about you dude.

You can hold a grudge against someone because they aren't producing the results you want. ?But, you know what? ?Axl is doing what ever he is doing for himself, not for you. ?He got into music because he had something to express. ?Generally speaking, as an artist myself, artists don't sit around worrying about creating something for the masses. ?They create art for themselves. ?Because they have something to express, they have something to get out. ?That the masses dig it, that's really cool, that means a paycheck, and in some little way, it's an acceptance, a validation, but, that acceptance and validation is a very small, microscopically small, part of what it's about for the artist. ?

I'm sure that Axl didn't play at the show you had 3rd row tickets for just to piss you off. ?I can see it now, Axl sitting there, thinking, you know, I'd really like to play for Philly tonight... but, dammit, that guy in the 3rd row really sucks donkey dicks. ?I'm not going out there just to piss him off. ? hihi ? Yep, I'm sure that's how it happened. ?There's the "official" statement for you. ?

Fine Print Note: ?This is a sacastic parody, not really the official statement.
madagas
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2005, 03:33:50 PM »

Interview with Tommy in Minneapolis the week of Jan 20th said the tracklist had NOT been finalized-some vocal parts and mixes had to be done-pretty recent.
? New Tommy article: very interesting
? on: January 20, 2005, 04:36:06 AM ?? ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A very interesting one. They claim they spoke to tommy on the phone earlier
this week. Regarding GNR, tommy says they haven't yet decided which songs will finally make the album and that some vocal parts have yet to be added.

Positive note: it will be out before hell freezes over!!!?

Source:? http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/entertainment/10681545.htm?1c

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2005, 03:36:34 PM »

lol at youngunner, i buy two? ok
I have heard hundreds of interviews with Tommy and Dizzy all of them were rubbish too
guess not when the music is released the first part of this year? Cheesy
if not, we're still havin fun? peace

its using your head
lol, we don't have that? Wink

The album will be released when Axl takes his medication

Tommy Stinson: The music's DONE? It's BEEN done... for a while

who here thinks ax has taken the mediaction?? headbanger

Nice to see us Norwegians are positive, norway? ...? peace? ok
swedish, norway is the capital of sweden? Smiley

this is a damn big thing witch is going on!
wave enig, kult at du har den holdninga? peace

the tommy-axl-vocal mention can mean other music not meant 4 release the two first years?
if it's not old...
we're closing in on it, dig? beer

Is this the End of Days?
wave the wave's already set in motion...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: