Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:38:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Jams With Camp Freddy and VR To Open For Black Sabbath
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Jams With Camp Freddy and VR To Open For Black Sabbath  (Read 1500 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: January 28, 2005, 06:32:20 PM »

Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Jerry Cantrell (ex-ALICE IN CHAINS), Courtney Love (HOLE) and Steve Jones (SEX PISTOLS) were among the special guests during CAMP FREDDY's benefit concert for Southeast Asia tsunami relief Thursday night (Jan. 27) at the Key club in Hollywood, California.CAMP FREDDY is the Los Angeles-based "jam" band featuring JANE'S ADDICTION guitarist Dave Navarro, former THE CULT touring bassist Billy Morrison (on guitar), ex-JANE'S ADDICTION drummer Stephen Perkins (when Matt Sorum is on tour with VELVET REVOLVER), and vocalist Donovan Leitch (the son of 1960s U.K. folk-rock icon Donovan). The group entered the studio in early 2004 to begin recording their debut album, tentatively due later in 2005 via Sanctuary Records. Guest musicians appearing on the CD include former Cantrell, ex-THE CULT axeman Billy Duffy, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and singer Macy Gray. At least some of the production duties on the album were handled by Mike Clink (GUNS N' ROSES, METALLICA).

In what appears to have all the makings of a European summer tour, the original BLACK SABBATH ? Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward ? have been confirmed to appear at Wiener Stadthalle in Vienna, Austria on June 20. Support at the show will come from VELVET REVOLVER. Tickets go on sale on February 2.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 06:56:58 PM »

At least some of the production duties on the album were handled by Mike Clink (GUNS N' ROSES, METALLICA).

U wot?

What album did Mike Clink do with Metallica, everything after Black was Bob Rock and everything before was so horrendously produced i doubt Clink had anything to do with it - just checking the album boxes, it was Metallica and a host of unkowns who did the deed on pre-black albums.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 07:07:33 PM »

Mike Clink did some engineering on And justice for all and b-sides, but that's about it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 07:21:47 PM by Pandora » Logged

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 07:36:26 PM »

it was all down hill after the black album

EEEERRRR Little boy
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 04:20:26 PM »

VR and Sabbath the same day?? That would kick major ass. Slash and Tony Iommi are my 2 favorite guitarists!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: